Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Well said.. No idea why they’d waste a first rounder on a back… just crossing fingers they don’t pull the trigger on onE….BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE A MCDERMOTT MOVE!!

Fixed

Edited by NewEra

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The biggest reason that guys like Joe B and Cover 1 are going extra on Hall seems to be that they think the Bills want Allen to not “need” to run as much. Because if his running style he’s taking a lot of hits and they are really playing with fire there. He said he’s working on sliding in the off-season but that’s a quarter of a billion dollar investment and one that 100% drives the success of the team - therefore Beane is going to keep trying to protect that asset. This would be one way that they haven’t yet been about to successfully do. Compare it to how Green Bay utilizes Aaron Jones. Rodgers is still throwing the ball for 4000 yards. It’s not about de-emphasizing the passing game.  Does it have to be Hall specifically? No, but he’s coming from a similar blocking scheme to what Kromer runs. Allen runs the ball like cam Newton. Gotta evolve if he’s going to last. 

I agree with this, but you don't have to pick rb in round 1 to accomplish it. If you are just talking running ability, Walker @ 57 is better and imo a better resource management fit. Spend 1st rounders to control cost at premium positions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The biggest reason that guys like Joe B and Cover 1 are going extra on Hall seems to be that they think the Bills want Allen to not “need” to run as much. Because if his running style he’s taking a lot of hits and they are really playing with fire there. He said he’s working on sliding in the off-season but that’s a quarter of a billion dollar investment and one that 100% drives the success of the team - therefore Beane is going to keep trying to protect that asset. This would be one way that they haven’t yet been about to successfully do. Compare it to how Green Bay utilizes Aaron Jones. Does it have to be Hall specifically? No, but he’s coming from a similar blocking scheme to what Kromer runs. Allen runs the ball like cam Newton. Gotta evolve if he’s going to last. 

This right here is what I was going to post as well.  Allen is currently rushing over 700 yards per season. Yea there are some run plays for Allen, but much of it is because taking off and running IS his check down.  A good RB who can do it all would augment our offense in a lot of ways.  It’s more of a necessity than a want right now.  In addition I wasn’t overly pleased with the way Daboll approached our running game.  Just because we can pass every down doesn’t mean we should.  A more balanced attack would certainly be prudent and I think is necessary in McDermott’s eyes.  

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I agree with this, but you don't have to pick rb in round 1 to accomplish it. If you are just talking running ability, Walker @ 57 is better and imo a better resource management fit. Spend 1st rounders to control cost at premium positions.

I don’t know what the gap is in their scouting of the 2 but I do know there is no mention of them meeting with walker and sparty’s scheme was mostly gap, he also didn’t  do much of anything in the passing game in college. Singletary didn’t either and they thought he could learn it, he didn’t thrive in key moments there

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Imagine the offense with a speed burner receiver. The RB game would be just that much better. I want that ball in Allen's arms slinging the ball not handing it off or checking down.

Allen can't sling the ball if teams are able to slow us down by keeping both of their Safeties deep.  

If Allen has a guy that he can dump if off to that can turn a 5-8 yard gain into 20+... that will force them to bring their Safeties up, allowing Allen to sling it.  

I may be totally wrong, but Breece Hall - if we draft him - isn't a guy they plan on handing the ball off to 15x per game.  He's a guy they want out there to punish teams when Allen is forced to stay disciplined and check it down by the opposing defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Beane never said he didn't think Hall was a first round talent and I would gladly take a Fournette type player on this offense. He isn't elite but he isn't a slouch either. But he's just one player. Look at all the other RBs that have gone first round and had incredible careers. I do think that a dynamic RB takes this offense to the next level. It's the one piece it's missing. Imagine the opposing defense having to gameplan against, Allen, Diggs and a dynamic RB.

Every Buffalo media guy seems to be portraying it the other way.  

Sal was again talking about it.  Beane had limited 1st round players somewhere in the 18-20 range and he expected at least 1 or 2 to be available at 25.

Then they asked about RB and Beane seemed to lump them in with the next group and on his show Sal said basically if all of the 1st round talent was gone - they would look at RB, but that position would require someone with exceptional talent to exceed the positional value.

So maybe he did not come right out and say they do not have a 1st round grade, but the way he spoke and the things the various media got from interviews seem to point very highly to them thinking he is not a first round talent (He might still get drafted in the first because of the limited talent levels in this draft).

We will see - as I have said - he could take him, but I think that would be about the last thing they want to do.  

I struggle to find many recent 1st round RBs that are elite and worth the pick.  You don’t think the Giants are kicking themselves for picking Barkley at this point.  He is way over paid for his production.  The sweet spot is 2nd and 3rd round for RB because the salary is acceptable and you can run them into the ground and move on.

Many of these 1st round guys end up getting a huge second contract to justify the pick (Zeke, CMC, even Barkley got his option) and they just are not worth it.

Give me Walker in the 2nd or Cook in the 3rd and a premium position in the 1st and I am happier than Hall in the first.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what the gap is in their scouting of the 2 but I do know there is no mention of them meeting with walker and sparty’s scheme was mostly gap, he also didn’t  do much of anything in the passing game in college. Singletary didn’t either and they thought he could learn it, he didn’t thrive in key moments there

Yes, Walker is an unknown as receiver. If you are emphasizing receiving skills at rb, go get James Cook later in the draft. If you want a rb to take the tough yards running burden off of Allen, I think Walker is a guy to consider. I would prefer not to use a first rounder on a rb, though if they do, I'll be hoping Hall is the second coming of Thurman Thomas. (I also think you could probably trade back from 25 and still get Hall, btw.)

Based solely on who I see being rumored/mocked to us at 25, I'm starting to think my best case realistic scenario with that pick is a trade back for Breece Hall. 

I'd be ok with Hall at 25, but would agree that it's a tough pill to swallow given positional value in the 1st Round of a RB. 

My dream is a trade up for Jameson Williams, but I don't see us mortgaging a next years Rd1 or Rd2 to get that done, and anyone looking to trade back is likely doing it to load up for next year.  

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen can't sling the ball if teams are able to slow us down by keeping both of their Safeties deep.  

If Allen has a guy that he can dump if off to that can turn a 5-8 yard gain into 20+... that will force them to bring their Safeties up, allowing Allen to sling it.  

I may be totally wrong, but Breece Hall - if we draft him - isn't a guy they plan on handing the ball off to 15x per game.  He's a guy they want out there to punish teams when Allen is forced to stay disciplined and check it down by the opposing defense. 

It's a good counterargument. I usually agree with you, so I'll add some credits on the other side of the ledger.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Based solely on who I see being rumored/mocked to us at 25, I'm starting to think my best case realistic scenario with that pick is a trade back for Breece Hall. 

I'd be ok with Hall at 25, but would agree that it's a tough pill to swallow given positional value in the 1st Round of a RB. 

My dream is a trade up for Jameson Williams, but I don't see us mortgaging a next years Rd1 or Rd2 to get that done, and anyone looking to trade back is likely doing it to load up for next year.  

I would mortgage next year's top pick . . . it's going to be late.

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s the only way I hope he’s a bill.  Trade back from 25 or trade up from 57.  

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yeah I'd agree with that.  Definitely adds another layer to defend.

I'll add that an "elite-level" slot WR can also open up the deeper routes.  A dominant interior OL can also help... opening holes no matter which RB is back there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Rashad White looks awful good just saying

Agree here.  I like him too.  All depends on how our front office grades out the backs.  I think we’d all love to not use the first round pick on a back unless it’s THE back.  I don’t know what the staff thinks at this point.  Will be fun day tomorrow for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Yeah I'd agree with that.  Definitely adds another layer to defend.

I'll add that an "elite-level" slot WR can also open up the deeper routes.  A dominant interior OL can also help... opening holes no matter which RB is back there.

Hey, we have 2 of Derrick Henry’s

blockers now.  We just need a Derrick Henry… 😉

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Rashad White is to slow. 

4.48 and not a perimeter runner doesn’t check the boxes for what we need.  I like him otherwise but maybe not for us.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Rashad White is to slow. 

First time any has EVER said 4.48 is too slow for a RB.  Stop talking for awhile.  Now you’re just talking stupid just to try and raise your boy up.  Literally every RB in the draft has something wrong with them…. Except Breece Hall…..who can’t pass protect to save his life and could get our franchise QB killed in a fraction of a second

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

And there are other lesser talked about options like ZaQuandre White that are interesting.  Interesting running style and very quick.

With Hall, he's all over the place, and arguably one of the biggest hyped players in the draft right now.  There's no telling how high he could go.