Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

For me this is a conversation we should come back to in a year or 2, whether we draft Hall or not.

Beane hasn't been very adept drafting RBs.  Singletary is a nice player.  Moss kinda sucks.

I understand everyone's argument that that you can find really good RBs in the later rounds.  The problem is, Beane hasn't struck gold on any of those, yet.  So to me, if Beane believes Hall will be a true #1 RB who can be a difference maker in the way Singletary hasn't been, draft him and see if fans complain in a year or 2 if he becomes one of the 5-10 best RBs in the NFL.

Of course, if Hall is a disappointment, it's clearly a horrible pick.  But any 1st round pick that busts is a disappointment.

I prefer Hall in the 2nd.  If we can trade back from our 1st pick or trade up from our 2nd pick to get him, that would be ideal.  But I do think that a 1st round talent at the RB position could make a huge difference in our offense that pushes us over the edge immediately... especially considering that RBs are typically successful immediately.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

You seem a bit obsessed with the guy.. 

I dont see the same buzz about him as the two that got picked in the first round last year... 

Have to wait and see who is still there when they pick... 

Breece Hall had 50 TDs in 3 collegiate seasons

• Thank you (+1) 2

It would appear at first glance, whatever the rumors and pundits say the Bills are going to do, the opposite will occur. 2 picks to the O-line , CB, and RB. 4 picks and 4 starters to win the super bowl. Personally I’d love to see the WY lb picked in second by trading 25 and getting more picks.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

For me this is a conversation we should come back to in a year or 2, whether we draft Hall or not.

Beane hasn't been very adept drafting RBs.  Singletary is a nice player.  Moss kinda sucks.

I understand everyone's argument that that you can find really good RBs in the later rounds.  The problem is, Beane hasn't struck gold on any of those, yet.  So to me, if Beane believes Hall will be a true #1 RB who can be a difference maker in the way Singletary hasn't been, draft him and see if fans complain in a year or 2 if he becomes one of the 5-10 best RBs in the NFL.

Of course, if Hall is a disappointment, it's clearly a horrible pick.  But any 1st round pick that busts is a disappointment.

I prefer Hall in the 2nd.  If we can trade back from our 1st pick or trade up from our 2nd pick to get him, that would be ideal.  But I do think that a 1st round talent at the RB position could make a huge difference in our offense that pushes us over the edge immediately... especially considering that RBs are typically successful immediately.

I still think that we will draft the best player available.  Problem is, that won’t be a corner.  We will automatically be getting 2nd round + corner material with our late first round pick, with all the corners that will be selected early.  That means we are likely to get the same level of player available to us with our second round pick at cornerback, as the studs will be gone by our pick.

This will all come down to scouting and how the staff feels about the cornerback group outside the top few.  But if we can only get the 5th or 6th best corner, but instead grab the best running back in the draft, then it becomes more worth it for us.  Might not even be running back that’s the best available but it’s something we surely do need.

• Like (+1) 1

Football Outsiders Analytics Ranking:

Breece Hall, Iowa State

BackCAST Score: +149.1%
Type of Back: Receiving
Similar Historical Prospects: Dalvin Cook, LaDainian Tomlinson

Breece Hall is a fantastic running back prospect. Although he comes short of Jonathan Taylor's titanic projection, that is a bit like losing to Michael Jordan in a slam dunk contest—no shame there. Hall has the fourth-highest BackCAST projection of all time, falling behind only Taylor, Ricky Williams, and Saquon Barkley.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If Beane and co see walker as the elite RB, so be it. I wouldn’t even mind trading for an elite RB. I’m just tired of watching teams play 2 high safeties all the time with no teams afraid of Singletary. Singletary is a good RB (good ypa), but teams still aren’t afraid of him. Teams are afraid of Henry, teams are afraid of Taylor, etc. When you have teams playing 8 in the box most of the game, that shows you where their fear lies. I want to punish teams from keeping the house back on Allen. 

Having Josh Allen instill  fear is just not enough for you then ? lol
Fix the Oline with Kromer and they all look better.
 Bills also need a complete game, agreed.
Improving RB significantly ( some opinions ) is not a bad way to make the Offense Whole. if you get my drift.
 whatever the McBeanes do i will accept gracefully.....

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Football Outsiders Analytics Ranking:

Breece Hall, Iowa State

BackCAST Score: +149.1%
Type of Back: Receiving
Similar Historical Prospects: Dalvin Cook, LaDainian Tomlinson

Breece Hall is a fantastic running back prospect. Although he comes short of Jonathan Taylor's titanic projection, that is a bit like losing to Michael Jordan in a slam dunk contest—no shame there. Hall has the fourth-highest BackCAST projection of all time, falling behind only Taylor, Ricky Williams, and Saquon Barkley.

Glad to know my eyes see what they see. Also good to know that LT is high on Breece Hall. His stamp of approval is good enough for me, he would know. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Glad to know my eyes see what they see. Also good to know that LT is high on Breece Hall. His stamp of approval is good enough for me, he would know. 

No offense but if he was actually Ricky Williams or LT he wouldn't be thought of as a boarder line first rounder  .. he would be off the board top 10

I stand by my Matt Forte comp.. he was electric in college 

It doesn't mean he can't turn into an all pro but if he was Ricky or LT day 1... He wouldn't last long 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Breece Hall had 50 TDs in 3 collegiate seasons

Who did he play against ? 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No offense but if he was actually Ricky Williams or LT he wouldn't be thought of as a boarder line first rounder  .. he would be off the board top 10

I remember when the Chiefs took CEH we were all freaking out saying that they will be unstoppable 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I remember when the Chiefs took CEH we were all freaking out saying that they will be unstoppable 

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

Who did he play against ? 

D1 is pretty much top notch now all over. This isn’t the D1 of the 1990s or even 2010. It has talent across the board, which is reflected by how many UDFA make teams nowadays. 50TDS in 3 seasons is impressive, no matter what D1 school and conference. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Leroi???

No.  

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

High praise from former great NFL backs matter. Maybe not a lot, but it means something. 

Yeah, it’s means something. 

• Haha (+1) 1