Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If it's such a well known belief, there are a lot of GMs who didn't get notified.  In the last 10 drafts 16 RBs have been selected in the 1st round, 4 in the top 4 of the entire draft.  In the 20s, where the Bills are drafting,  4 have been drafted in the last 4 drafts.  So I guess it's almost anyone but the NFL GMs.  Here's the list:

2021- Harris (24), Etienne (25)

2020- Edwards-Helaire (32)

2019- Jacobs (24)

2018- Barkley (2), Perry (27), Michel (31)

2017- Fournette (4), McCaffrey (8)

2016- Elliott (4)

2015-Gurley (10), Gordon (15)

2013-Paterson (29)

2012-Richardson (3), Martin (31), Wilson (32) 

Oh…ok.  It’s NOT a well known belief……my bad.  I must be loving under a rock or something 

I should have left this conversation when I did earlier.  ✌️ 

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Exactly - they wasted a pick on RB and have gotten better production from UDFAs since drafting CEH.

No one is scared of KC running the ball, but Mahomes and that passing attack was deadly.

I was referring to running with Buffalo Breece to keep away from Mahomes 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Last season the Browns literally signed a guy off the street 4 days before their game and he ran for 100 plus… people clamoring for a 1st/2nd round RB to fix the running game are clueless. 

I don't want to sling mud at anyone. People here know I've been plenty wrong on my takes. For example, earlier last year I thought Allen was regressing and questioned his eliteness. Boy was I ever wrong!!! Clueless for sure...

It's easy to get enamored with an offensive weapon like a RB. So I get where people are coming from. However, the running back position has changed over time. Sure, there are exceptions but clearly Hall isn't one of them. With that said, the general rule of thumb seems to be wait on getting a quality RB. The position really doesn't warrant a first round pick especially in this draft. 

In essence, you are correct about the "clueless" statement. I just don't like the terminology. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't want to sling mud at anyone. People here know I've been plenty wrong on my takes. For example, earlier last year I thought Allen was regressing and questioned his eliteness. Boy was I ever wrong!!! Clueless for sure...

It's easy to get enamored with an offensive weapon like a RB. So I get where people are coming from. However, the running back position has changed over time. Sure, there are exceptions but clearly Hall isn't one of them. With that said, the general rule of thumb seems to be wait on getting a quality RB. The position really doesn't warrant a first round pick especially in this draft. 

In essence, you are correct about the "clueless" statement. I just don't like the terminology. 

Clearly?  Ok…

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If it's such a well known belief, there are a lot of GMs who didn't get notified.  In the last 10 drafts 16 RBs have been selected in the 1st round, 4 in the top 4 of the entire draft.  In the 20s, where the Bills are drafting,  4 have been drafted in the last 4 drafts.  So I guess it's almost anyone but the NFL GMs.  Here's the list:

2019- Jacobs (24)

2016- Elliott (4)

2013-Paterson (29)

The problem with that list is most didn't give their teams consistent production 

RBs are pushed down the board because the talent pool is so deep , and the position has a short shelf life  

There are literally 50 or 60 backs in the NFL who have the talent to get you a thousand yards with enough carries.. problem is.. there's not a lot of backs that have three or four of those seasons in them 

You need to manage them correctly... 

So you are expecting a lot out of a first round RB... The expectations are very high and most don't come close 

Lots of bell cows and feature backs go in the 2nd round because the value is better

As I have already pointed out, I'm not very draft inclined compared to a lot of you guys. I've seen arguments for everyone's pick. At the end of the day, I'll put my trust in Beane. If we trade up for a corner, I'll be good with that. I'm not very on board with taking a WR given the emergence of Davis and the resigning of Diggs. I also believe McKenzie will fill Beasley's role better than a lot of people think. The man's proven himself, so much so that he's become a Patriot killer. But if we do take a corner at 25, I just hope it won't be taking one for the sake of taking one.

If Breece Hall is the pick, I won't hate it. I'm not on that RBs are a dime a dozen train. Call it what you want, RBs are capable of contributing to wins. Hall could very well fit right in, not just because of his talent, but how much better he could be in a Josh Allen run offense. Not calling it Dorsey's offense because I believe Allen has enough of his signature on it to call it his. I could understand taking a guard as well. All that being said, I'll trust Beane regardless

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

2019- Jacobs (24)

2016- Elliott (4)

2013-Paterson (29)

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Where would you ever hear such a thing?  Apparently you haven’t read the quote above yours.  It clearly debunks any rule of thumbs that you created in your imagination while you were hanging out with me under the rock. 

12 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

As I have already pointed out, I'm not very draft inclined compared to a lot of you guys. I've seen arguments for everyone's pick. At the end of the day, I'll put my trust in Beane. If we trade up for a corner, I'll be good with that. I'm not very on board with taking a WR given the emergence of Davis and the resigning of Diggs. I also believe McKenzie will fill Beasley's role better than a lot of people think. The man's proven himself, so much so that he's become a Patriot killer. But if we do take a corner at 25, I just hope it won't be taking one for the sake of taking one.

If Breece Hall is the pick, I won't hate it. I'm not on that RBs are a dime a dozen train. Call it what you want, RBs are capable of contributing to wins. Hall could very well fit right in, not just because of his talent, but how much better he could be in a Josh Allen run offense. Not calling it Dorsey's offense because I believe Allen has enough of his signature on it to call it his. I could understand taking a guard as well. All that being said, I'll trust Beane regardless

RBs are called a dome a dozen because D1 RBs are so talented you can get one in any round and he can produce ... Whether its 1 year or 5 ... 

You can find a talented RB in the 5th round... It's Hard to find a talented quarterback or left tackle in the 5th

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The more I watch tape, the more I would hope they go after Walker in the 2nd, if they go RB at all. 

While I agree, Walker is a great runner, I wonder if the Bills would go for a guy who isn’t known for his receiving...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

While I agree, Walker is a great runner, I wonder if the Bills would go for a guy who isn’t known for his receiving...

I saw him make some solid catches, but I agree with you.  I'm thinking replacement for Motor after this season.  He makes quick cuts, possibly faster than Motor, and is a tank. 

I'm fine running with just Motor this year honestly, but if we were to go RB early, this would be my guy

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I saw him make some solid catches, but I agree with you.  I'm thinking replacement for Motor after this season.  He makes quick cuts, possibly faster than Motor, and is a tank. 

I'm fine running with just Motor this year honestly, but if we were to go RB early, this would be my guy

You wouldn’t hear me complaining...👍

5 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Nope - that is about o-line.  Singletary currently averages just short 4.8 YPC for his career.  Other recent 1st round picks like Najee Harris and CEH are both well below that average. 

Nothing that I have seen from Walker or Hall suggests they will be better.  Jonathan Taylor and Derrick Henry are excellent, but both benefit from superior run blocking o-lines - as shown when Henry missed time and the running game handled by low level back-ups was just as good.

You want to control the clock and burn time - then you want o-line in the first not RB.  That helps you more on many levels in my opinion.

4.8 YPC but how many carries? The stats don’t tell the whole story especially in this story. Your telling me that Walker and Hall aren’t better than Singletary lol, that’s comical. So essentially it wouldn’t matter if we had a Jonathan Taylor in our backfield either right? Cause all that matters is our Oline 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You wouldn’t hear me complaining...👍

I Think Kenneth Walker runs a bit like shady 

He's a compact runner with really good quickness and speed 

He can hit the cut back and has the speed to bounce it outside 

I think he's a little bit more one cut than shady , but he has that creative can make something out of nothing style  

Impressive ability to change directions and even finish with some power 

He would be a great second round pick

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I Think Kenneth Walker runs a bit like shady 

He's a compact runner with really good quickness and speed 

He can hit the cut back and has the speed to bounce it outside 

I think he's a little bit more one cut than shady , but he has that creative can make something out of nothing style  

Impressive ability to change directions and even finish with some power 

He would be a great second round pick

With the biggest difference being physicality.  Mccoy rarely ever lowered the shoulder and tried to deliver the blow.  Walker brings it…..which could eventually be a detriment to him.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With the biggest difference being physicality.  Mccoy rarely ever lowered the shoulder and tried to deliver the blow.  Walker brings it…..which could eventually be a detriment to him.

Shady actually didn't shy away from contact at pitt 

He had an impressive contact balance and ability to run through arm tackles

I do think Walker has more physicality and squares up on a better angle... While he might not have the lateral quickness of shady, I do think he brings more thunder at the point of contact like you said

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1