Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Im hoping we somehow get Breece or Walker, and pair them with Singletary.  And just smash teams with our running game.  An unstoppable running game makes Josh and our offense that much scarier.  And it probably would add years to Josh's career, and more Bills superbowl rings

Much like teams playing the Chiefs - if I am playing the Bills and they are running the ball even 40% of the time - I consider it a win because the running game doesn’t really scare me much at all - even from the best teams in the league.

Breece Hall or Walker bring nothing that frightens me as a DC and running them takes the ball out of the best players hands.  If I am playing them - give me that all day.  

We will see where it goes, but similar to the way many of the top rushing teams ( only 1 of the top 4 and 5 of the top 10) made the playoffs - rushing offense is vastly overrated by some.

Compare that to 8 of the top 10 passing offenses making the playoffs including the Super Bowl champs.  In addition 2 of the top rushing teams - were also in the top passing teams (Buffalo and Dallas) and both are more known for passing.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Much like teams playing the Chiefs - if I am playing the Bills and they are running the ball even 40% of the time - I consider it a win because the running game doesn’t really scare me much at all - even from the best teams in the league.

Breece Hall or Walker bring nothing that frightens me as a DC and running them takes the ball out of the best players hands.  If I am playing them - give me that all day.  

We will see where it goes, but similar to the way many of the top rushing teams ( only 1 of the top 4 and 5 of the top 10) made the playoffs - rushing offense is vastly overrated by some.

Compare that to 8 of the top 10 passing offenses making the playoffs including the Super Bowl champs.  In addition 2 of the top rushing teams - were also in the top passing teams (Buffalo and Dallas) and both are more known for passing.

In my opinion It’s all about controlling the clock when the Bills have the lead and need to burn time off the clock by running the ball. We do not do that currently with our personnel. Adding a Breece or walker gives us a better shot at accomplishing that 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

In my opinion It’s all about controlling the clock when the Bills have the lead and need to burn time off the clock by running the ball. We do not do that currently with our personnel. Adding a Breece or walker gives us a better shot at accomplishing that 

Are we going to be running a power scheme or a zone scheme?  It’s a HUGE factor one must consider when drafting Breece Hall.  I would assume that if we drafted Hall, we’d be running a zone scheme…..because he’s a terrible fit in a power scheme imo.  

NewEra.....  You get a little bogged down with schemes....  I think we can all agree that we already have a great passing game but could benefit from an improved running game.

Simple

As

That

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Nope - that is about o-line.  Singletary currently averages just short 4.8 YPC for his career.  Other recent 1st round picks like Najee Harris and CEH are both well below that average. 

Nothing that I have seen from Walker or Hall suggests they will be better.  Jonathan Taylor and Derrick Henry are excellent, but both benefit from superior run blocking o-lines - as shown when Henry missed time and the running game handled by low level back-ups was just as good.

You want to control the clock and burn time - then you want o-line in the first not RB.  That helps you more on many levels in my opinion.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Nope - that is about o-line.  Singletary currently averages just short 4.8 YPC for his career.  Other recent 1st round picks like Najee Harris and CEH are both well below that average. 

Nothing that I have seen from Walker or Hall suggests they will be better.  Jonathan Taylor and Derrick Henry are excellent, but both benefit from superior run blocking o-lines - as shown when Henry missed time and the running game handled by low level back-ups was just as good.

You want to control the clock and burn time - then you want o-line in the first not RB.  That helps you more on many levels in my opinion.

Totally agree with you here RochesterFan.  

Hoping that we can improve the OL, snag a CB one way or another AND land Breece Hall or KWIII.  

Too much to ask for though....  unless we get a miracle in the Free Agency or via TRADE.

Beane is one smart GM though and there has to be a way.

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

NewEra.....  You get a little bogged down with schemes....  I think we can all agree that we already have a great passing game but could benefit from an improved running game.

Simple

As

That

Obviously every team benefits from improved running game and Bills did last 5 games of season into playoffs. Do you not think Bills improved at that point in season when they finally got the best personnel for OL figured out? Also that was the start of the RB's getting more opportunities.

I think the running game should pick up from where it left off at end of season. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Simple

As

That

You can have whichever opinion you like.  

it’s my opinion that schemes matter for RBs…..especially a RB that you’re talking about being 25 overall   

do you.  I’ll do me. 

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

This.  👍🏻 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can have whichever opinion you like.  

it’s my opinion that schemes matter for RBs…..especially a RB that you’re talking about being 25 overall   

do you.  I’ll do me. 

I'd say it's more of a fact than an opinion that it matters for RB's. Maybe some more than others, but absolutely it goes without saying the best fit for any RB gets the best production that RB can provide.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

19 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Simple

As

That

Agree but it's still a hard no for Hall or any running back at pick 25. Beane knows this and I'd be shocked if he was the pick. 

17 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Bingo!

Edited by newcam2012

Just now, NewEra said:

Fixed. We went from more of a zone scheme to more of a power scheme at the end of the year.  One player (Bates) made a difference….but the scheme and the RBs ability to run behind that scheme was also key in the improvement 

You're absolutely right. I didn't mention scheme since the post I quoted seemed to be aimed more towards the OL in general. But for sure that certainly plays a factor

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

What makes you say he can run an “entire route tree”?  I’m not saying that he can’t…..but he most certainly hasn’t proven this.  It’s an extremely far fetched exaggeration based on the fact that he caught a bunch of swing passes and check downs.  

Iowa State lined him out wide too. The TD catch against Baylor is one example in particular 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think the Bills ever have to worry about “burning clock” with Josh Allen as their QB…. Too many fans thinking circa mid 2000 Bills…. They need a more efficient running game, but they should be looking to score on every possession, not “burn clock”…. And the best way to do that is putting the ball in Allen’s hands more so than not… Dynamic WR over Breece Hall and it’s not even close… wouldn’t be surprised if McD wants to run the ball more though next season.

Every poast comes full circle by the end

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t think the Bills ever have to worry about “burning clock” with Josh Allen as their QB…. Too many fans thinking circa mid 2000 Bills…. They need a more efficient running game, but they should be looking to score on every possession, not “burn clock”…. And the best way to do that is putting the ball in Allen’s hands more so than not… Dynamic WR over Breece Hall and it’s not even close… wouldn’t be surprised if McD wants to run the ball more though next season.

Agree WR over RB. To me, it's not even close. 

In addition, I believe Singletary showed he is more than serviceable with a decent Oline. He was really good the latter part of last year. Moss could always improve to be a serviceable back up. I'm all for picking up another RB for competition. It would be a drafting blunder to take Hall at 25. The position or the player doesn't warrant such a decision. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Iowa State lined him out wide too. The TD catch against Baylor is one example in particular 

One play is an example of him running a full route tree?  Link to the route?

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

……if a player like Kijana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, Tommy Vardell, Rashan salaam, Sammie smith, Terry Miller, Dj Dozier, Lawrence Phillips has a 5th year option, every team would hesitate to pick it up or sign them long term.  

two sides to every coin. 

Beane wouldn't be drafting a RB hoping he's the next Terry Miller. I can cite busts at any position if I want to say no 1st rounder is ever worth the risk.  For years there were advocates of never drafting a 1st round QB making similar comments to your post.  Thankfully Beane didn't agree with them.