Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Serious question- I like Hall, but if he is so good, why do some not even have him as the #1 RB? And why a mid 2nd round pick? Just a little confusing...

I think cause the league has evolved a bit from the 80s and 90s. But imo a great RB is still very nice to have.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Serious question- I like Hall, but if he is so good, why do some not even have him as the #1 RB? And why a mid 2nd round pick? Just a little confusing...

I also think it’s about $$$. A lot of money to commit to a RB and a rookie unproven. Position value. A 1st round rookie RB would be one of the highest paid RBs in the league so he has to be a sure sot plug-in. Also do we want to commit that amount of $$$ to the RB position if we are a throwing offense? 

Edited by wppete

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

I also think it’s about $$$. A lot of money to commit to a RB and a rookie unproven. Position value. A 1st round rookie RB would be one of the highest paid RBs in the league so he has to be a sure sot plug-in. Also do we want to commit that amount of $$$ to the RB position if we are a throwing offense? 

Just based off the attempted McKissic signing,  I would expect the Bills to place a high value on receiving skills from any RB they draft.  Thurman Thomas was mentioned above and I think that's exactly what they'd like to find...a guy who can be a matchup nightmare because he can split out wide and run the entire route tree at a high level in addition to elite rushing skills.  That being said,  I don't think Breece Hall is that guy and given that,  I'm leaning toward the idea that the second group of guys like James Cook or Rachaad White are better values for this team.

Edited by Brandon
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The question that I have -- and I don't know the answer, I'm just asking -- is: 

Is Breece Hall as good as, say, Jonathan Taylor? Because if he is, in my opinion, the whole "1st round RB is a bad value" argument goes out the window. To me, there's no denying that adding a Jonathan Taylor level running back talent to this offense would be the single best/fastest way to upgrade it, more so than adding a WR3/WR4.

When opposing teams start going two-high all day long against the Bills next year, a dynamic running back will help a lot more than a slot receiver. 

We can all argue until we're blue in the face about analytics, contracts, and draft value, but if the question "what helps the Bills offense the most?" is asked, then "running back" might be a more realistic answer than WR3/WR4.

And for what it's worth, Brandon Beane has plainly stated that he doesn't subscribe to the idea of "never take a running back in the 1st round", and that if the Bills ever view a running back as the BPA in round one, they won't hesitate to draft him. I'm just pointing this out because so many in the draft community are anti 1st round RB, but our GM doesn't seem to be one of these people. That's notable. 

Oh, and one more thing: Breece Hall is just 20 years old. Brandon Beane loves drafting young players with his 1sts. 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Why do some have Andrew Booth slipping out of the first round when so many on here want to trade up a little to make sure we get him?  Different analysts have different rankings…

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Just based off the attempted McKissic signing,  I would expect the Bills to place a high value on receiving skills from any RB they draft.  Thurman Thomas was mentioned above and I think that's exactly what they'd like to find...a guy who can be a matchup nightmare because he can split out wide and run the entire route tree at a high level in addition to elite rushing skills.  That being said,  I don't think Breece Hall is that guy and given that,  I'm leaning toward the idea that the second group of guys like James Cook or Rachaad White are better values for this team.

According to whom?  

prior to last season, his receiving ability was highly questioned.  He showed that he was an accomplished pass catcher in 2021…..but can we please not make things up.   What makes you say he can run an “entire route tree”?  I’m not saying that he can’t…..but he most certainly hasn’t proven this.  It’s an extremely far fetched exaggeration based on the fact that he caught a bunch of swing passes and check downs.  

Just now, Logic said:

We can all argue until we're blue in the face about analytics, contracts, and draft value, but if the question "what helps the Bills offense the most?" is asked, then "running back" might be a more realistic answer than WR3/WR4

I don't really know if Hall is on the same level as a prospect or not,  but I agree completely with the statement above.  Draft value and all this stuff is important,  but ultimately,  it's a question of which pick makes the most positive impact toward winning games.  That's why I would never rule out a RB late in R1,  even if I'm not sure I'd actually do it this year (and probably wouldnt). 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

According to whom?  

prior to last season, his receiving ability was highly questioned.  He showed that he was an accomplished pass catcher in 2021…..but can we please not make things up.   What makes you say he can run an “entire route tree”?  I’m not saying that he can’t…..but he most certainly hasn’t proven this.  It’s an extremely far fetched exaggeration based on the fact that he caught a bunch of swing passes and check downs.  

I don't and said as much.  I don't think Breece Hall is that kind of guy. 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't really know if Hall is on the same level as a prospect or not,  but I agree completely with the statement above.  Draft value and all this stuff is important,  but ultimately,  it's a question of which pick makes the most positive impact toward winning games.  That's why I would never rule out a RB late in R1,  even if I'm not sure I'd actually do it this year (and probably wouldnt). 

I don't and said as much.  I don't think Breece Hall is that kind of guy. 

Super Troopers Oops GIF by Searchlight Pictures 
❤️ Apologies good sir.  

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

See Jonathan Taylor. Why did Taylor go in the 2nd. Sometimes elite talent goes undervalued. Hall and Taylor are very similar RBs. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

See Jonathan Taylor. Why did Taylor go in the 2nd. Sometimes elite talent goes undervalued. Hall and Taylor are very similar RBs. 

Taylor was and is a much much better runner between the tackles with his vision and contact balance.  The knock on Hall is he lacks those qualities.  

6 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Taylor was and is a much much better runner between the tackles with his vision and contact balance.  The knock on Hall is he lacks those qualities.  

You’re talking to someone who compares Hall to Marshawn Lynch….he think Hall has great contact balance and tackle breaking ability.  

no offense iron….but you see him differently than many other do

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re talking to someone who compares Hall to Marshawn Lynch….he think Hall has great contact balance and tackle breaking ability.  

no offense iron….but you see him differently than many other do

Lol Hall had over 20 consecutive games with a TD and many many goal line rushes. He has plenty of power and contact balance. Not sure what to tell you guys. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol Hall had over 20 consecutive games with a TD and many many goal line rushes. He has plenty of power and contact balance. Not sure what to tell you guys. 

20 consecutive games with a TD and many goal line rushes proves that he has great contact balance and power?  Oh man…. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

20 consecutive games with a TD and many goal line rushes proves that he has great contact balance and power?  Oh man…. 

It doesn’t prove it, but from the games I’ve seen him in, he displays plenty of contact balance and power. It was actually 24 consecutive games with a TD. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Motor was super physical the last 8 games.  Motor runs hard!

Yeah, but we're probably not going to make re-signing Motor a very high priority after this season.  He's fine, but I'd rather just draft a RB occasionally and ride them for a few seasons on their rookie contracts before letting them walk in FA.  Rinse and repeat.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yeah, but we're probably not going to make re-signing Motor a very high priority after this season.  He's fine, but I'd rather just draft a RB occasionally and ride them for a few seasons on their rookie contracts before letting them walk in FA.  Rinse and repeat.

Im hoping we somehow get Breece or Walker, and pair them with Singletary.  And just smash teams with our running game.  An unstoppable running game makes Josh and our offense that much scarier.  And it probably would add years to Josh's career, and more Bills superbowl rings

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It doesn’t prove it, but from the games I’ve seen him in, he displays plenty of contact balance and power. It was actually 24 consecutive games with a TD. 

Scoring TDs doesn’t equate to having good power and contact balance.  He’s a great fit in a zone scheme and a very poor fit in power scheme