Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

In my opinion, he doesn’t look as explosive as Hall. Walker also has a tendency to run it outside, and with faster NFL players, not sure he will get away with that as much. He’s a decent RB, but I just don’t see the IT factor like I do with Hall. 

I like Waker’s vision and burst… he is quick and runs low.. both are good and have big play ability.  

• Like (+1) 2

We should all spend more time than we already have so we can compare 2 running backs that will be playing for other teams….. just so we can agree with your assessment of Breece Hall.  I’ve already done this on a couple occasions.  One more time won’t change my mind.
Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders
i think Walker has more juice: make you miss ability; is a bigger home run threat;  consistently breaks off 20 yard runs with the best backs in college history; more apt to get positive yards when hit in the backfield;  sets up his second move more effectively and knows how to finish; contact balance, less tread on his tires. More artistic and creative with the ball in his hands.  I enjoy watching him run more than Hall.

Walker scares me because of his pass protection and lack of receiving reps.  

I like Breece because; has elite burst once he makes up his mind which lane he’s going to take (his best traits imo.  Walker excels here too, but not like Hall);  is a better receiver (but he still has question marks about his receiving); has a better stiff arm and can churn out more yards after contact (but Walker excels here too); better spin move; is bigger physically; 

both potentially great backs that I would love to draft in rd 2…..but both will likely be gone.  Too much talent at other positions to take them rd 1. 

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Everyone here should watch Hall vs Walker highlights back to back a few times, and it will become apparent what I’m talking about. Hall has an extra gear when he hits the hole, and he’s a knifer, slices and dices up the inside quite often. 

How about they watch and listen to the guys that watch film for a living like @gobills404 says🤔

Walker doesn't fit this offense because he can't catch the ball. We are a throwing team so we need a RB that can consistently and reliably catch the ball and be a threat. 

No to Walker. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Walker doesn't fit this offense because he can't catch the ball. We are a throwing team so we need a RB that can consistently and reliably catch the ball and be a threat. 

No to Walker. 

I like Jerome Ford a lot, if he's there in the 4th. 

He's got power and speed, and is a good receiver and capable blocker. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

How about they watch and listen to the guys that watch film for a living like @gobills404 says🤔

We do…..only to have you you discredit them because they don’t agree with the assessments that you posted.  Marino isn’t the only one saying drafting a RB in rd 1 is a poor use of resources. 

4 hours ago, DJB said:

No to Walker. 

They were saying the same thing about hall prior to last season.

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We do…..only to have you you discredit them because they don’t agree with the assessments that you posted.  Marino isn’t the only one saying drafting a RB in rd 1 is a poor use of resources. 

Your alternative facts are killing me!! See you April 28

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If you go back and watch the film he shows more than enough that season which affirmed my belief that he could catch. Its a non issue. 

Another issue with Walker is hes pretty small and to me doesnt profile as a 3 down back like we need

Edited by DJB

23 hours ago, DJB said:

No to Walker. 

Can't? Or didn't in college?

Regardless, pass catching backs are a dime a dozen, guys with high end athletic ability paired with running ability with speed and power are not. 

Our offenses biggest weakness is an absolutely inability to run the ball and it wasn't just line play,we completely lack explosiveness at the RB position. We need a legit RB option with explosiveness,  power, ability to drive the legs and get tough yards while being able to pop a big play.  

All around 3 down banks with explosion and size are so rare... so I would be very happy with Hall in round 1 with where we are drafting, or trade down to top of round 2 and take him... I'd be very happy with Walker III as well... either would be a monster upgrade to the offense and add a dimension we just flat out don't have on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/29/2022 at 4:15 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

Everyone here should watch Hall vs Walker highlights back to back a few times, and it will become apparent what I’m talking about. Hall has an extra gear when he hits the hole, and he’s a knifer, slices and dices up the inside quite often. 

I've watched tons of actual game film of both. I'm up to half a dozen full games of Hall and I see it completely the other way around. 

I do think Hall is a better "all around back" in that he can pass protect a bit and he has definitely demonstrated more ability as a receiving back, but when I watch the tape of the two as running backs? Walker is the more decisive and explosive runner. 

They are both second rounders. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I've watched the highlight packages of Breece Hall that others have posted in this thread.

A few observations:

• Highlight packages are not game film, they only show the good plays and not the bad so I'm always wary of that.
  • That said Hall looks very good to me and I think that comparisons to Jonathan Taylor are fair. Look at their pre-draft profiles on NFL.com (below) Both stylistically and from the standpoint of measurables they are very similar players.
  • Some people here are saying his game speed is slower than his timed speed. I saw a long strider who was consistently running away from people. It looks like he has good short area footwork and then quickly shifts to a long, smooth gate when he sees the opening. In other words I believe he's deceptively fast.
  • Some people here say he has to work on his "route tree" and pass protection but there's no question that he has excellent hands and it seems he should have no difficulty becoming a receiving threat.
  • Hall has 30 rushes of over 20 yards in the last two years, more than any other NCAA player. He is a quick strike home run hitter.
  • Beane on numerous occasions going back to last year has expressed a desire to improve team speed and to acquire more players who can score from anywhere on the field. IMO Hall fits that profile.

I believe that if Hall is available at 25 it means that other positions coveted by the Bills will be picked through and in that scenario there's a good chance the Bills will draft him.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/breece-hall/32004841-4c18-9796-85f0-25933f010ae8

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jonathan-taylor/32005441-5943-1618-c081-5dd6b2d0b829

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/28/2022 at 10:15 PM, Magnum Force said:

I like Waker’s vision and burst… he is quick and runs low.. both are good and have big play ability.  

I agree I think walkers going to be the class of this draft for RBs. This is a good year for WRs and RBs. Pickens is another guy that will outperform where he’s drafted. Probably won’t happen but if his stock falls to the 2nd I hope the Bills jump all over him. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I've watched the highlight packages of Breece Hall that others have posted in this thread.

A few observations:

• Highlight packages are not game film, they only show the good plays and not the bad so I'm always wary of that.
  • That said Hall looks very good to me and I think that comparisons to Jonathan Taylor are fair. Look at their pre-draft profiles on NFL.com (below) Both stylistically and from the standpoint of measurables they are very similar players.
  • Some people here are saying his game speed is slower than his timed speed. I saw a long strider who was consistently running away from people. It looks like he has good short area footwork and then quickly shifts to a long, smooth gate when he sees the opening. In other words I believe he's deceptively fast.
  • Some people here say he has to work on his "route tree" and pass protection but there's no question that he has excellent hands and it seems he should have no difficulty becoming a receiving threat.
  • Hall has 30 rushes of over 20 yards in the last two years, more than any other NCAA player. He is a quick strike home run hitter.
  • Beane on numerous occasions going back to last year has expressed a desire to improve team speed and to acquire more players who can score from anywhere on the field. IMO Hall fits that profile.

I believe that if Hall is available at 25 it means that other positions coveted by the Bills will be picked through and in that scenario there's a good chance the Bills will draft him.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/breece-hall/32004841-4c18-9796-85f0-25933f010ae8

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jonathan-taylor/32005441-5943-1618-c081-5dd6b2d0b829

Would love to sneak a peek @ Beanes current CB prospect rankings.  WR too while we’re peeking. 

I’m starting to wane at the thought of WR @ 25.  Not because I don’t want one, i do….. rather I think the guys that we covet will be gone (Olave, williams, Wilson).  Maybe we go Burks or Dotson, but they might be gone too.  I don’t think we’d draft London even if he’s there.  I think we take one of the top 3 if they’re there…. If not…. I think it’’ll be corner.

While people seem to be souring on Gordon after the combine, I currently think that he’ll be our pick if he’s there.  How does Beane have Elam, Gordon, McDuffie, booth ranked.  I think one will be there.  Likely Gordon.  Maybe Elam.  McDuffie and Booth likely gone.  One of those guys will be the pick of the WRs are gone.  If the corners are gone too….

I could see Breece Hall or Kennth Walker….and I’d be happy about it.  Maybe not the smartest move….but I’d enjoy the ef outta either one

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

What?  I've not seen a single mock with Hall going before 25.  And plenty of mocks where J Williams/Olave/Burks/Booth/Gordon are still there.