Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Just now, Magnum Force said:

Yes but neither is Von Miller… The window is open for a Superbowl this year… let’s take it

Lol.  You’re comparing acquiring an all time pass rusher that has won two Super Bowls, including this last years….to a rb. 

Von will have a massive impact on winning now and the future by imparting his wisdom in our young DL draft picks.  A Rb will run through open holes or get stuffed most of the time. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Lol.  You’re comparing acquiring an all time pass rusher that has won two Super Bowls, including this last years….to a rb. 

Von will have a massive impact on winning now and the future by imparting his wisdom in our young DL draft picks.  A Rb will run through open holes or get stuffed most of the time. 

Von Miller is how old in 3 days?  How much and how long is his contract?  You said sustained dominance… I am talking about for this year. 

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Von Miller is how old in 3 days?  How much and how long is his contract?  You said sustained dominance… I am talking about for this year. 

I said winning and sustained dominance.  Winning now….and imparting his wisdom on  Ed, Rousseau, Basham, AJ and the rest of our D.  He will make everyone a better player.  That will help with sustained dominance.  Not everything is surface level.

10 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Agreed. It’s a good strategic counter balance. Plus Breece would make Allen even more deadly. Teams have to totally game plan around both which makes it nearly impossible. Just thinking about it gets me excited. 

That speed and size underneath in the pass game forces defenses to move up and cause a linebacker to worry about Breece coming out of the backfield and it opens a lot of space for josh to scramble.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

That speed and size underneath in the pass game forces defenses to move up and cause a linebacker to worry about Breece coming out of the backfield and it opens a lot of space for josh to scramble.

This I agree with whole heartedly. He does cause match-up problems, no matter how you look at it.  If he goes to the flat, you aren’t leaving a CB on him, going to take a LB to handle someone that big.

• Like (+1) 1

I have bet on a ton of Iowa State games in the last 5 years, likely because Matt Campbell seems to do so well in the 2nd half of the season and his teams seem to always fly under the radar. I watched a lot of David Montgomery and then his predecessor, Breece Hall. While I liked both players, I feel Montgomery played faster than his 40 and Hall slower with Montgomery being a much more physical back. Hall is still a good player, but can I say he is better within 10 yards than Motor? Further, do I think his 4.39 really matters at the next level? No on both accounts.

I just don't see how he warrants a selection by us early. We are better off with our current puff puff give than adding another guy to it. 

• Like (+1) 2

With what we have done in Free Agency and our cap limitations, we have a huge hole at CB right now. Tre isn’t predicted to be back until Oct/Nov. Not addressing CB within the first two rounds would be a huge concern. We need a starter to instantly perform as a rookie. To put all of our chips on Dane Jackson would be a mistake IMO.

Running Back in the first round would be bad.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I just like Hall’s size, speed and pass catching ability out of the backfield… it makes our offense so much more versatile, unpredictable and explosive in all areas

Funny most scouting reports I've read question his route running ability, hands and pass pro.  The folks at Iowa State took him off the field on many 3rd downs because of this. 

https://www.draftdive.com/breece-hall-scouting-report/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10021450-breece-hall-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-iowa-state-rb

Both of these have him as a 2nd rd talent.   

49 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Funny most scouting reports I've read question his route running ability, hands and pass pro.  The folks at Iowa State took him off the field on many 3rd downs because of this. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10021450-breece-hall-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-iowa-state-rb

I am not arguing that..but there is a high likelihood he won’t be there at pick 57.  Derrick Henry and Jonathan Taylor were both rated as 2nd Round talents.  Sometimes you have to go with your gut instincts.   Which CB do you want?  There are 4 … potentially 5 that come into play at pick 25.  

On 3/23/2022 at 1:47 PM, NewEra said:

Yep, Breece Hall in the Bills’ backfield last year just would have gotten hit 1.5 yards in the backfield instead of 2 yards deep.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I want Breece Hall but…

My wish list at pick 25 in order.
1) Breece Hall RB
2) Trent McDuffie CB
3) Treylon Burks WR
4) Trevor Penning OL
5) Andrew Booth CB
6) Jameson Williams WR
7) Kyler Gordon CB

I like all those except for Burks 👍

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:55 PM, Big Turk said:

Just say no to RB man...it's not a value position.

WR or CB

NFL teams still run about 44% of the time (the Bills around 41%).  Don't you want those plays to be successful?  A good/great RB will help move the chains and make it harder for defenses to scheme solely for Josh and his wideouts.

Though I agree it's not our biggest need.  I'd go CB or OL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

NFL teams still run about 44% of the time (the Bills around 41%).  Don't you want those plays to be successful?  A good/great RB will help move the chains and make it harder for defenses to scheme solely for Josh and his wideouts.

Though I agree it's not our biggest need.  I'd go CB or OL.

Well, yes maybe.  I can argue that a good OL is a better way to have a good run game.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Thanks for the links.   Considering we're a pass-first team, this from BR is concerning:

"...His route tree is limited to checkdowns and screens, which does limit some of his versatility...  Hall will need to keep developing his pass protection to stay on the field on passing downs...  His effort and technique can be inconsistent, and he can be prone to cutting blitzers, which is disappointing given his size..."

• Thank you (+1) 1