***** it, sign Fitz

bubba2018

I'll never understand the Fitz obsession by some bills fans especially when you consider he was a big part of what was wrong with this franchise the prior 17 years before the current regime came here (i.e. rewarding a mediorce player with a massive contract because of a few good games).

He's not coming back to Buffalo unless it's as a fan or playing on an opposing team so time to move on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HT02 said:

We should have signed Dalton, he would is a significant upgrade over Barkley or Keenum should the Bills be without Allen for a few games.

Dalton, at this stage in his career, is a significantly worse option than Case, IMO. 

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

Isn't he busy cleaning up The Double Deuce?

I just saw this. Love it! We have chickens and we named our rooster Dalton after that legendary bouncer who also happens to have a PhD in philosophy.  And pain don’t hurt. Oh yeah, regarding the thread, of course we won’t get Fitz nor should we. But we should keep the legend of Fitz alive.

Fitz either aged like fine wine or is a perfect example of modern NFL rules/offense benefiting QB's.

Fitz's first 8 years in the NFL:

59.5% completion percentage, 6.4 YPA, 92 TD's 81 INT's.  Terry Bradshaw numbers

Fitz's last 9 years in the NFL:

61.7%, 7.3 YPA, 131 TD's, 88 INT's. Jim Kelly numbers.

54 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Fitz either aged like fine wine or is a perfect example of modern NFL rules/offense benefiting QB's.

Better living through chemistry. His arm has gotten stronger with age... and I say good 4 him. The nfl is the most dirty league of PEDs and I tip the cap to anyone willing to keep up.

Hgh is rampant as it should be. Great for anti aging. Limited risks. In 20 years it's going to be so popular with the over 40 crowd, we're going to laugh it was ever an issue to begin with

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

Jim Kelly numbers but in the new age of football... average.

Edited by TBBills

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

Absolutely, but still way better than when he started.

if AZ offered him the backup job Fitz would be all over it as home state.  With 6 kids at home and a serious injury/surgery in 2021 can't see him returning and living out of a suitcase alone for a year

On 3/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, John from Riverside said:

Jesus christ I swear to god

So ***** spoiled

What a thoughtful itelligent response.  First of all I am not complaining about ownership or management I think they are doing a fantastic job. Secondly its a simple statement that I would have greater confidence in Dalton in a spot start than Keenum or Barkley.  Calm down with your overreactions

On 3/29/2022 at 3:19 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No Dalton would not be an upgrade lol. He’s done, he was nothing short of abysmal last year in Chicago. Him and Newton should’ve retired last year. I’d take Keenum over Dalton any day

Our last back-up looked pretty bad playing in Chicago under Nagy but everyone seemed pretty happy with the signing.   I have never been a Keenum fan.  

On 3/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, Bobby Hooks said:

This post is proof that some people just can not be happy. Dalton?! Unbelievable. 

This post is proof that some people love to overract and read into things that aren't there.  Are we not allowed to present any opinions that are in a different direction that the team makes?  To be absolutely clear I trust ownership, management and the leadership on the team I am simply saying that I would have prefered Dalton to Keenum, what's so unbelievable??  Discussions on options is what these boards are for, if I suggested we fire Beane or McDermott your reaction would have been appropriate.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:19 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No Dalton would not be an upgrade lol. He’s done, he was nothing short of abysmal last year in Chicago. Him and Newton should’ve retired last year. I’d take Keenum over Dalton any day

Mat Nagy has made a number of QBs seem "abysmal" Keenum hasn't done much since leaving the Vikings to give me a great deal of confidence.    You may be right but I think he has more in the tank than he showed last year.  He wasn't bad in Dallas.

8 minutes ago, HT02 said:

Mat Nagy has made a number of QBs seem "abysmal" Keenum hasn't done much since leaving the Vikings to give me a great deal of confidence.    You may be right but I think he has more in the tank than he showed last year.  He wasn't bad in Dallas.

Well he had almost had 4k passing for Denver in 2018 and then was 2-0 in spot starts last year with Cleveland

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.