Did McDermott's seat just get a little warmer?

Simon

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Right but how many didn't directly because of awful blunders? The 13 seconds is inexcusable. 

He has been horrible in the playoffs all 4 of the years, need growth at minimum. 

Right but how many didn't directly because of awful blunders? The 13 seconds is inexcusable. 

He has been horrible in the playoffs all 4 of the years, need growth at minimum. 

13 seconds is inexcusable, but they still wouldn't have been gaurenteed the superbowl. Even if it was likely that they beat the Bengals. And even if they beat the Bengals, there's no gaurentee they beat the rams. I think they're making that oush for a sb currently, but I'm not about to call for McDermotts head if they don't get there next season 

26 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think he arrived in Buffalo as a very good football coach who has continued to get better in his time here.

But Beane just handed him a roster that he HAS to win a Super Bowl with at some point.

Did that hypothetical point just get a bit closer to the present?

I thought they had like warmers for all the seats on the sideline at the games?

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think he arrived in Buffalo as a very good football coach who has continued to get better in his time here.

But Beane just handed him a roster that he HAS to win a Super Bowl with at some point.

Did that hypothetical point just get a bit closer to the present?

Absolutely not.  No doubt there’s more pressure to win a SB.  But I don’t feel his seat got any warmer.  

McDermott still has a ton of power around One Bills Drive.  He does not report to Brandon Beane.  He reports directly to the Pegulas.  Terry is floundering with the Sabres because he can’t find a HC like McDermott.  If the Bills don’t win a SB it will be a disappointment but his job is not jeopardy.  

If the Bills don’t even make the playoffs with this roster then maybe

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought they had like warmers for all the seats on the sideline at the games?

Good luck trying to get that boy to sit down during a game. 🤼‍♂️

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Welp, Then.  Guess that answers your question - doesn't matter if his seat got warmer or not, 'cuz his butt's never planted in it 😎

I would agree that he doesn't give a damn what condition his seat might be in. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Like in his first season in Buffalo... where he took the Bills to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor at QB?

Speaking of playoffs...like the absence thereof for Buffalo since 1999...

Yet, under McD the Bills have been in the playoffs 4 of the last 5 seasons.

It took Andy Reid 7 years to reach a super bowl with the Chiefs.

So, lets whine about something else...

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Steptide said:

That 17 year drought made some fans really impatient. 4 yrs with playoffs under McDermott, one afc championship game, and some fans think this team HAS to win a supowbowl this year. Sadly that's not how it works. There's tons of examples of great coaches/players who should've won superbowls that didn't, or it took them a long time. 

Just how long are you willing to wait? 

Win it already - ALL the pieces are in place. 

I'll add also that what they're doing in free agency is a sign of good coaching. They know their schedule is more difficult this upcoming season, and they're pre paring for it. I said in another thread that alot of coaches would be happy with what the bills defense did last year, this coaching staff is forward thinking and is why I believe they will win a superbowl at some point in the future 

29 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

A damn good coach with this roster should get to the SB, shouldn't he?

I think they have the roster and the coaching to get to the Super Bowl and to win it. It doesn't mean they will get there, or, if they do, that they will win it.  If they do not get to the SuperBowl, or if they get there and do not win it, it won't necessarily be because of coaching.  There are so many variables that go into getting to the Super Bowl and winning it, and only so many of those variables are within the control of the coaches or the players. 

The question was whether or not I believed McDermott's seat is getting warmer. My answer is still no. 

I think it's a very valid question, and I will say this...

IMO, if the Bills didn't do a single additional thing this offseason, right now, this roster is EFFING INSANE, and super bowl caliber, hands freakin down.  Even with Tre's uncertainty post ACL tear, not knowing for certain that Dane will be okay as our CB2 and no real depth beyond Taron at the nickel.  As a matter of fact, I think this is the most talented roster that I have EVER seen in my entire lifetime.  Next season, anything, and I do mean anything short of a Lombardi trophy, would HAVE to be considered a disappointment, to put lightly.  So if Buffalo were to lose a game, particularly in the fashion it did in the loss to KC, how can you NOT at some point look at the HC and say, "What's up man?"

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think they have the roster and the coaching to get to the Super Bowl and to win it. It doesn't mean they will get there, or, if they do, that they will win it.  If they do not get to the SuperBowl, or if they get there and do not win it, it won't necessarily be because of coaching.  There are so many variables that go into getting to the Super Bowl and winning it, and only so many of those variables are within the control of the coaches or the players. 

The question was whether or not I believed McDermott's seat is getting warmer. My answer is still no. 

I’ll kindly and respectfully disagree.

If not now, when?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.