Bills sign OJ Howard to 1-year deal

YoloinOhio

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

They can use Doyle in that role.  As long as both tackles stay healthy and likely will add a 4th tackle anyway, can use Doyle for blocking.    May even told him, catch 200 passes a day from JUGS machine so you're not just an obvious running play threat.  But also could see them drafting a TE late and move to PS for this season.

That's a good point.  I forgot about his dual role.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm unfamiliar.  Tell me why please?

His stats don't look good for a guy who was on the field 48% and 33% of the snaps last 2 years.  Is he out there blocking his ass off or ??

They had Gronk and Brate. He was off to a great start with Brady before the injury in 2020. He was mostly a blocking TE last year.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

43 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Yeah he had a couple of big catches against us from Jameis in his rookie year. Week 6 2017

He was a rookie and it was his best game as a pro, 6 for 98 and 2TD's. It looked like he was going to be a game changer for years. Hard to believe he's never had more than 34 catches in a season and only 15 career TD's

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Really loved howard in that draft. Thought he played like gronk. Great low risk signing

He's got good size, speed and pretty good hands. But Gronk is a tackle breaking maniac. Howard seems to go down rather easily from all the highlights I've watched. 

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm unfamiliar.  Tell me why please?

His stats don't look good for a guy who was on the field 48% and 33% of the snaps last 2 years.  Is he out there blocking his ass off or ??

He’s an athletic freak, but grossly under used in TB.  He had Cameron Brate there who is also a very good TE and also Gronk the last 2 years.  Then you have all the receivers and RBs catching passes.  Just not enough balls to go around.  

He is big and very fast, he will be a matchup nightmare with Knox and him running the seams 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think we'll be seeing a lot of 12 and 13 personnel. I could see Dorsey running a more balanced scheme, with a lot of play action concepts. I'm all for it. Buffalo started playing their best ball when they committed to a running game in the 2nd half of the Tampa Bay game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.