Bills sign OJ Howard to 1-year deal

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I looked up void years because I was curios if that meant they had anything to work with if he does work out, and I guess that's how they're designed.

But that is weird because it is still tampering up until the negotiation window. So this is the first time ever I have seen a contract written about this way that doesn’t  have a Void Year attached to it. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

But that is weird because it is still tampering up until the negotiation window. So this is the first time ever I have seen a contract written about this way that doesn’t  have a Void Year attached to it. 

I thought there was a void year?

• Simon unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

This is a steal wish they had signed him for two years rather then one.  Before his injury last year he was starting to become Tom Brady’s favorite target.

He played 17 games and had 14 catches and 135 yards on the season?

13 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

He played 17 games and had 14 catches and 135 yards on the season?

He was coming off an achilles injury that ended his 2020 season. I don't think he was fully recovered from the injury last year, not to mention Brady's primary targets were Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, and Leonard Fournette out of the backfield.

If he is fully healthy, he certainly has the potential to really add to the passing game as a TE2

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

He was coming off an achilles injury that ended his 2020 season. I don't think he was fully recovered from the injury last year, not to mention Brady's primary targets were Chris Godwin, Mike Evans, Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, and Leonard Fournette out of the backfield.

If he is fully healthy, he certainly has the potential to really add to the passing game as a TE2

The entire signing is based on risk vs. reward.  It's only a 1 year deal and so the overall risk is kind of minimal, but the hope is that we will find a way to get more out of him than has happened in the past.

You'd have to say his career is a disappointment to date; he represents unrealized potential.

We're taking a 1 year gamble that we can unlock that potential, as he has immense natural athletic talent.

Seems like a good enough plan to me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Okay what did you say? I am under the assumption that you don’t like the Oj Howard signing.

“assumption”.   Someone said he was Brady’s favorite target last year.  I responded to that. Go back and look at what I responded to.   I don’t agree he was becoming Brady’s favorite target.  I love the signing and with his skill set of the bills can help him develop into what he is caboabel of this will work out great.  

Like the signing.  Definitely needed a viable TE2.  Tons of potential with Knox & Howard. 

Only dislike I have is that our hope is we unlock his potential… and then he leaves after a year because no way we’d be able to afford him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.