Bills sign OJ Howard to 1-year deal

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Why are a bunch of fans happy to bring in a guy who can't stay healthy, has been largely a bust and looks washed after a dreaded Achilles tear in 2020?

What you saw last year is post Achiles OJ Howard. 3.5 million for 140 yards and 1 TD?

Could have all but locked up Bates for the same money (2nd round tender is 3.8 million)

I don't get it

Not surprised he had a terrible year in 2021 after returning from an Achilles injury but 3.5M is a bargain for what he could bring another year removed from that injury. It was only a few years ago where we were paying Tyler Kroft like 7M in free agency. 

• Simon pinned this topic

I am not saying that OJ Howard is the best TE in the NFL. What I AM saying is that OJ Howard is going to catch touchdown passes and win football games for the Buffalo Bills! 

I am thrilled by this signing!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Why are a bunch of fans happy to bring in a guy who can't stay healthy, has been largely a bust and looks washed after a dreaded Achilles tear in 2020?

What you saw last year is post Achiles OJ Howard. 3.5 million for 140 yards and 1 TD?

Could have all but locked up Bates for the same money (2nd round tender is 3.8 million)

I don't get it

We all just wanted to see your take, then go out and get a couple of beers and have a laugh 😁👍

59 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

TE 1 and 2 are taken care of.  Get a 6th, 7th or priority UDFA big blocking TE and things are looking great.

They can use Doyle in that role.  As long as both tackles stay healthy and likely will add a 4th tackle anyway, can use Doyle for blocking.    May even told him, catch 200 passes a day from JUGS machine so you're not just an obvious running play threat.  But also could see them drafting a TE late and move to PS for this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.