Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

As a bills fan, I feel most of us feel that we’re over the KC hump. We know they aren’t better. That’s getting over the hump from a fans perspective.  Winning the super bowl is the only thing that matters…..making it to the super bowl doesn’t get us over any hump.  Only winning it does.  We know how good we are.  The only hump that exists in my mind is winning a SB.  We’re the SB favorite.  No one else.

As long as Brady is still strapping on the helmet he is a favorite to win the SB. Hell last year took his coach being an idiot and calling a 0 blitz.. (that somehow not everyone got the memo for) to lose to the eventual SB Champs.. otherwise a good chance we have a repeat champion. 

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

As long as Brady is still strapping on the helmet he is a favorite to win the SB. Hell last year took his coach being an idiot and calling a 0 blitz.. (that somehow not everyone got the memo for) to lose to the eventual SB Champs.. otherwise a good chance we have a repeat champion. 

The Bills are THE favorite.  This isn’t an opinion.  Favorites are determined by Vegas lines and look who’s on top of the Vegas lines.  

Not sure why Brady’s name is even being mentioned.  We beat them last year too. Unfortunately the refs didn’t think we were worthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Literally every betting book out now has the bills as the favorites. Every book has them as the co- favorites before the Miller signing…. Also I love how you lock Brady in for a title if not for an anomalous stupid event but don’t acknowledge the same for the bills. Which happened to be an even more freakish and rare occurrence 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Bills are THE favorite.  This isn’t an opinion.  Favorites are determined by Vegas lines and look who’s on top of the Vegas lines.  

Not sure why Brady’s name is even being mentioned.  We beat them last year too. Unfortunately the refs didn’t think we were worthy. 

A-FEAKIN-Men, brother. 

Gotta me nice being able to literally pull a man’s jersey down to his belly button right in from of the red at the GL and get cute little no-call. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

A couple of things.  First, I know nothing about Star's contract situation, but recall when Wood was dine and said he was retiring.  Then he backed off, because the timing was screwing up either his situation or the Bills.  He waited a few months and then officially announced. Might Star be in the same position? 

Ah, no you're missing the key piece of Wood.  Wood scheduled a retirement presser, then backed off from using the word "retirement"  because the Bills FO wouldn't commit to not asking him to forfeit his guarantees or give back part of his amortized signing bonus.  Contracts are guaranteed for injury and skill, but not for retirement!

So then a few months later, Wood reported to mandatory OTAs, the team physician gave him a physical and failed him, and the Bills released him with a failed physical designation.  His salary and signing bonus were all his, because the Bills cut him for a football-related physical condition.

THEN sometime after that, Wood retired.  See, if you retire after you've been cut by the team, it doesn't affect your guarantees.

Star being cut as of today, he can now retire.  Team cut him first.

Note: all my understanding, developed from what I read at the time of Wood's retirement.  Teams can, of course, choose to say "keep it" as the Colts did with Luck.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Literally every betting book out now has the bills as the favorites. Every book has them as the co- favorites before the Miller signing…. Also I love how you lock Brady in for a title if not for an anomalous stupid event but don’t acknowledge the same for the bills. Which happened to be an even more freakish and rare occurrence 

A-FEAKIN-Men, brother. 

Gotta me nice being able to literally pull a man’s jersey down to his belly button right in from of the red at the GL and get cute little no-call. 

Lol betting books are for sucker! The last two years they have had KC as the favorite.. so far 0-2. 

The Bills are SB contenders in a very loaded AFC. Right now this is how I see the AFC higher archy by division:

1. East Bills — easily..

2. North Browns — I think adding Watson puts them over the top. (Followed by Bengals, then Ravens, last be Steelers)

3. South— Titans Easily they are the best coach and most talented. Followed by Indy.

West — All 4 teams are scary now.. who wins it? All 4 teams could win any of the other divisions or at least scare the favorite to the end.

The AFC has 8 legit SB Contenders.. and you know there be some surprise team that will add to the mix just like every other year. 

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol betting books are for sucker! The last two years they have had KC as the favorite.. so far 0-2. 

The Bills are SB contenders in a very loaded AFC. Right now this is how I see the AFC higher archy by division:

1. East Bills — easily..

2. North Browns — I think adding Watson puts them over the top. (Followed by Bengals, then Ravens, last be Steelers)

3. South— Titans Easily they are the best coach and most talented. Followed by Indy.

West — All 4 teams are scary now.. who wins it? All 4 teams could win any of the other divisions or at least scare the favorite to the end.

The AFC has 8 legit SB Contenders.. and you know there be some surprise team that will add to the mix just like every other year. 

That is why they play the games. Nobody declared it a lock that I know of. 

The AFC is a rough path, for sure. I don’t know who will represent in the Super Bowl, but you can’t argue that Vegas doesn’t have the Bills as favorites. That’s not an opinion, that is a fact. 

4 hours ago, mannc said:

It makes sense, but once Bates was inserted as the starter at LG, the O line played very well last year.  I don’t think Josh took a sack in the last 5 games…How much more “protection” does he need?

I'm not sure where to find stats pertaining to pressure, but one thing to keep in mind is that Josh aids his linemen's sack numbers a lot by making incredible plays to evade pressure that only a couple guys in the league can make. 

1 minute ago, junior said:

I'm not sure where to find stats pertaining to pressure, but one thing to keep in mind is that Josh aids his linemen's sack numbers a lot by making incredible plays to evade pressure that only a couple guys in the league can make. 

Definitely. He led the league in QB pressures against him. The Bills need help on the OL still. 

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This signing was made to beat one team. And one team only....KC.

No doubt the FO never wants to witness the defensive disaster we saw in the PO again.

And the team to follow. In the Super Bowl.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah, no you're missing the key piece of Wood.  Wood scheduled a retirement presser, then backed off from using the word "retirement"  because the Bills FO wouldn't commit to not asking him to forfeit his guarantees or give back part of his amortized signing bonus.  Contracts are guaranteed for injury and skill, but not for retirement!

So then a few months later, Wood reported to mandatory OTAs, the team physician gave him a physical and failed him, and the Bills released him with a failed physical designation.  His salary and signing bonus were all his, because the Bills cut him for a football-related physical condition.

THEN sometime after that, Wood retired.  See, if you retire after you've been cut by the team, it doesn't affect your guarantees.

Star being cut as of today, he can now retire.  Team cut him first.

Note: all my understanding, developed from what I read at the time of Wood's retirement.  Teams can, of course, choose to say "keep it" as the Colts did with Luck.

Thanks for this.  

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They don't offer the Away Jersey's on NFLShop. I wanted one of those as I've already got a couple Blue Home jerseys, but no White ones.

And how are the Official Nike Replica Jerseys on the Buffalo Bills Shop different than the Official Nike Replica Jerseys on NFLShop.com? 🤨

Different fits and fabrics.  I believe the Bills store one is more “game like”, the nfl.com is the Nike version of the NFL Proline jersey.  That’s why I got the nfl.com one, better fitting.

Bring on Mahomes, bring on Herbert, bring on Wilson, Burrow and Watson. Rousseau, with another year under his belt along with Basham and Von Miller, Ed,Tre, Matt, Micah, Jordan and the rest of gang on defense will protect any lead Josh will give them. Von Miller will make that much of a difference come playoff time. Go Bills!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.