Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who you want besides Saffold and a draft pick on the OL?  Or are you dissing of Saffold as "not OL help"?

I want more. Josh Allen is the primary reason that this team is so good and I want him to have all of the protection that they can provide him with. 

Doesn't this make sense?

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

He has suffered some injuries in the NFL. If healthy, OJ is big, fast, has good hands and is a fairly good blocker. 

Oh.....I left out the fact that he comes up HUGE in the clutch. As I said in another thread, a healthy OJ Howard (with Josh Allen throwing to him) is going to win football games for the Buffalo Bills.

Now, can we please get OL help and another high quality wide receiver!?!

What do you think about drafting another corner?  ;)

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If the Bills don't draft a CB very early I'm going to lose my mind. It's a gaping hole.

I am guessing we take 2 CB's in the first 3 rounds, or trade up to take one particular one, if there is someone they are targeting.  My personal hope is that we get Jameson Williams with #25 and then take DB's with the next 2 picks, but if Williams is off the board, I want the best CB available with that pick.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

If the Bills don't draft a CB very early I'm going to lose my mind. It's a gaping hole.

I was thinking about this last night; the various decisions they've made so far lead me to believe our first draft choice will be a DB.  I'll be quite surprised if they don't do that.

43 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am guessing we take 2 CB's in the first 3 rounds, or trade up to take one particular one, if there is someone they are targeting.  My personal hope is that we get Jameson Williams with #25 and then take DB's with the next 2 picks, but if Williams is off the board, I want the best CB available with that pick.  

This regime is too smart to "trade up" for anyone--except Josh Allen--and we already got him.

Thank god.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Also on NFL.com.  Less expensive Nike jersey.  Better fitting one in my opinion.  Says “00”, but so does the Howard jersey, expect it to be 40.

Link

They don't offer the Away Jersey's on NFLShop. I wanted one of those as I've already got a couple Blue Home jerseys, but no White ones.

And how are the Official Nike Replica Jerseys on the Buffalo Bills Shop different than the Official Nike Replica Jerseys on NFLShop.com? 🤨

Edited by BillsFanForever19

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the 6 DL we lost to FA (including 3 DT) would explain the influx of 5 DL (including 3 DT), without the need to invoke Star retiring.

McDermott is usually non-committal and vague except in the rare instances where he’s trying to send a message.  

I got pwn’d for doubting a media member’s sources already (hi @RyanTalbotBills) on the Jordan Phillips/Shaq Lawson re-signings - and I know the Cover1 guys do have some sources - so I should probably quit while I’m behind.  But the thing is, Joe B and others were speculating last off-season about Star retiring and yet, once mandatory activities came around, There He Was.  And from a member of the media, I was told that Star was not made available at the pressers last season despite multiple requests, so apparently he avoids talking to media where possible.  

So just where are these rumors coming from?  We’ve had Mitch Morse retirement rumors, he signed an extension.  We’ve had a rumor about Matt Milano being cut that supposedly came from Chris Brown.  

I don’t think it would be a surprise if Lotulelei is considering retirement.  I’m sure if he does retire, it would be a negotiation with the Bills what happens to his signing bonus and to his guaranteed money.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if having a guy who showed up at a playoff game wearing his jersey back to play next to him wouldn’t be an inducement.

I *think* Star retiring would be a Good Thing and yet….hasn’t this week been a bit of a “Fail” referendum on the Bills ability to develop DL talent in-house?  They need to draft or sign a replacement, and developing or signing keepers on DL (and OL) has not been a strong point to date.

A couple of things.  First, I know nothing about Star's contract situation, but recall when Wood was dine and said he was retiring.  Then he backed off, because the timing was screwing up either his situation or the Bills.  He waited a few months and then officially announced. Might Star be in the same position?  

Interesting and generally true comment about Beanes line building.  However,I think in the modern NFL the lines are always a work in process. No one keeps their lines together to long, and everyone seems to be backfilling.  

Of course, the real question is did you draft well, and there Beane gets pretty good marks.  He just hasn't drafted a lot of linemen. This morning, we're all pretty happy with that strategy, because we like where the lines are, except for oline depth.  

Still, I'd like to see more attention paid to the lines.   I think every draft should have at least one lineman picked in the first three rounds.  Last year, of course, he went heavy on the lines and four of five stuck.  Let's see how the three young edge guys do this season.

It's a little after noon. You just grabbed lunch and you're heading back to the office. You're walking down the side street between your building and the next. "pssssssttt"

"hey over here"

Brandon Beane is squatting behind a dumpster. He's drawn a fake mustache on his face with a sharpie.

"yeah you. Listen to this..." looks around nervously

"Keep this to yourself ok?" *whispers* "I heard big Star is retiring. Know that."

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was thinking about this last night; the various decisions they've made so far lead me to believe our first draft choice will be a DB.  I'll be quite surprised if they don't do that.

And I would be surprised and disappointed if Round 1 is not a WR based on the following:

1.  We just spent big on Defense, now put draft capital on Offense, nice balanced approach.  Shows offense isn't neglected.

2.  Spreads WR finances in beautifully staggered progression - Diggs now, Davis soon, stud rookie WR down the road.

3.  Gives Josh/Dorsey mid-long term weapon, some stability for several years.

4.  Plenty of good WRs, so one should be there:  J Williams, T Burk, Wilson, Olave, London, Watson

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

And I would be surprised and disappointed if Round 1 is not a WR based on the following:

1.  We just spent big on Defense, now put draft capital on Offense, nice balanced approach.  Shows offense isn't neglected.

2.  Spreads WR finances in beautifully staggered progression - Diggs now, Davis soon, stud rookie WR down the road.

3.  Gives Josh/Dorsey mid-long term weapon, some stability for several years.

4.  Plenty of good WRs, so one should be there:  J Williams, T Burk, Wilson, Olave, London, Watson

Stefan Diggs - Drafted 5th round

Gabriel Davis - Drafted 4th round

Cooper Kupp - Drafted 3rd round

Davante Adams - Drafted 2nd round

So why does the first round pick have to be a WR?  

And no disrespect, but you first bullet point is silly.  We don’t have to send any message about “offense not being neglected”.  Not only is that just a weird thing to think we need to do, but we agreed to terms with 3 offensive players already in FA, and signed 2 of them.  No one’s neglecting the offense.

This is a WR rich draft like in 2019 that saw guys like Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Diontae Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Hunter Renfrow, Darius Slayton, etc all get drafted in round 2 or later.  

CB is a huge need, so not only is it possible we go corner, I would say that if there is both a WR and CB there they love and are closely graded, he’s taking the corner given there will be exciting WRs still available in the 2nd.  

Doesn’t mean he won’t go WR either, or even another position, Beane likes to stay true to BPA on his board.  But I would think that WR will likely need to be graded noticeably better than the DB to take him though.  Beane has said he takes depth of the draft at each position into consideration when the grades are close.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Lol. He must of called him that at least three times. It was awesome. I can’t wait for the creature to be back on the gridiron. Go Bills. 

It lacks the flourish of "computer-designed CRISPR-edited lab-grown bioengineered homunculus QB superunit" but it's succinct.

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

what hump?  KC?  We’re already over that hump.  We smoked them in their stadium in October and then our coach made one of the biggest blunders in football history to end our season.  It’s was a fluke tbh.  Replay those 13 seconds 100 times and we win 95- 98 times.  We’re right there with them and now look to be better.  If he’s healthy, Miller is going to be amazing in this system.  And he’ll play 60% of the snaps during the regular season while we keep him fresh for the playoffs. 

Money says we’re the number 1 team in the league.  Vegas

13 seconds was a fluke.  98% chance to win says fluke.

Your not over the hump until you finally make it to the SB. Now last 2 years KC has stopped you. This year it could be the Raiders (they have gotten scary good with their additions especially Adams!) or perhaps the Colts if they get a competent QB.. or perhaps you finally get over the hump and into the big game.  Last year was the perfect year for the Bills do that, the AFC has gotten a lot better over FA. (Not the East but the conference.. yes)

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I want more. Josh Allen is the primary reason that this team is so good and I want him to have all of the protection that they can provide him with. 

Doesn't this make sense?

It makes sense, but once Bates was inserted as the starter at LG, the O line played very well last year.  I don’t think Josh took a sack in the last 5 games…How much more “protection” does he need?

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So why does the first round pick have to be a WR?  

And no disrespect, but you first bullet point is silly.  We don’t have to send any message about “offense not being neglected”.  Not only is that just a weird thing to think we need to do, but we agreed to terms with 3 offensive players already in FA, and signed 2 of them.  No one’s neglecting the offense.

This is a WR rich draft like in 2019 that saw guys like Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Diontae Johnson, Terry McLaurin, Hunter Renfrow, Darius Slayton, etc all get drafted in round 2 or later.  

CB is a huge need, so not only is it possible we go corner, I would say that if there is both a WR and CB there they love and are closely graded, he’s taking the corner given there will be exciting WRs still available in the 2nd.  

Doesn’t mean he won’t go WR either, or even another position, Beane likes to stay true to BPA on his board.  But I would think that WR will likely need to be graded noticeably better than the DB to take him though.  Beane has said he takes depth of the draft at each position into consideration when the grades are close.  

Didn't say we "have to", I want them to draft WR.  As far as your examples went, they were meaningless, you can find any position drafted anywhere with good players.  We're talking about what is upcoming.  Obviously, you have better odds of good players the earlier you draft them.

Second, no disrespect but I care more about Josh's feelings than yours.  I want to keep what appears to be a great relationship, over what we see playing out in Green Bay, or Cleveland, or Seattle.  You may think it's silly that Rogers or Mayfield got upset, but that probably offers little solice to Packers or Browns fans.

I think the WR class has a tier, a steep drop off, after about 6 or 7.  IMO, a tier 1 WR won't be there in round 2.  I'm hoping Beane sees it the same way.

39 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Your not over the hump until you finally make it to the SB. Now last 2 years KC has stopped you. This year it could be the Raiders (they have gotten scary good with their additions especially Adams!) or perhaps the Colts if they get a competent QB.. or perhaps you finally get over the hump and into the big game.  Last year was the perfect year for the Bills do that, the AFC has gotten a lot better over FA. (Not the East but the conference.. yes)

As a bills fan, I feel most of us feel that we’re over the KC hump. We know they aren’t better. That’s getting over the hump from a fans perspective.  Winning the super bowl is the only thing that matters…..making it to the super bowl doesn’t get us over any hump.  Only winning it does.  We know how good we are.  The only hump that exists in my mind is winning a SB.  We’re the SB favorite.  No one else.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

As a bills fan, I feel most of us feel that we’re over the KC hump. We know they aren’t better. That’s getting over the hump from a fans perspective.  Winning the super bowl is the only thing that matters…..making it to the super bowl doesn’t get us over any hump.  Only winning it does.  We know how good we are.  There is no hump at this point.  Just go win the SB.  

Right now...on paper anyway, this Bills DL looks like a nightmare to opposing offenses if everyone plays on all cylinders!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.