Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

5 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I’m worried about Von Miller and how he’ll fit into our d-line rotation. Historically he plays too many snaps. I have listed his snap percentage by year. Not sure how he will accept being only allowed to play 48% of snaps per game.

90%
84%
84%
76%
81%
86%
78%
84%
76%
79%

Seriously, that's your concern? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Hope he's got enough left in the tank to get us past KC.  

What ya need to think on...is that the entire Bills fans focus was on Chandler Jones, Arizona.

He went the Raiders for around the same money as Von...the Bills fans crying began! 

Then, A Beane miracle!  Von, who at 32, is only one month older than Jones. Chandler got 10 sacks in 2021 and 5 came in one game.

Von Miller was a hero in this past super bowl. Jones...not so much! 

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I’m worried about Von Miller and how he’ll fit into our d-line rotation. Historically he plays too many snaps. I have listed his snap percentage by year. Not sure how he will accept being only allowed to play 48% of snaps per game.

90%
84%
84%
76%
81%
86%
78%
84%
76%
79%

He is going to get way more than 48%.

McD abandoned the rotation in Carolina when they had the talent to justify it.

I'd guess Miller will get over 65% of the snaps. Which is perfect as he gets older.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

90%
84%
84%
76%
81%
86%
78%
84%
76%
79%

They'll rotate him during the season to keep him fresh for the playoffs, then he'll see a big jump in his snaps, I'll bet.

And I guarantee you he is excited about that. It will prolong his career.

• Like (+1) 1

Think about the fact that Von Miller chose a payday in Buffalo rather stay in his comfortable socal location. So much for not being willing to leave the familiar nest.....haha bah humbug on you  mcskizzix whatever your name is  LOL  have your best life the Bills are Moving forward without you no crocodile tears here.  I would say today was a Very auspicious day in Bill fandom. major...HUGE

Buckle up copadres. GO BILLS!~!~

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

If you say so.  I grew accustomed to him creating huge running lanes for QBs to run through after over-pursuit of them, and grew tired of that. I'm almost certain  that the over-pursuing of QBs added to those pressures in spite of the negative results.

He also flushed them directly into sacks by other players numerous times as well

18 minutes ago, JoshAllensShorts said:

Not trying to pick fights -- can someone explain to me why this isn't a bad deal? I don't really understand contracts/the salary cap in the NFL. From an outside perspective this seems like a huge commitment to a declining (but still good) vet.

NFL contracts arent guaranteed. Most of the time when players sign big, long term deals like this, they never see the entire thing.

As details come out, we find that this contract has $32M guaranteed at signing, and a total $52M guaranteed (of the so called  "$120M").

So if we break it down, it turns out we can get out of the contract after 3 or 4 years. It's essentially a 3 year/$52M contract, or 4 year/$70M contract. $17M/yr for a premier pass rusher is about right.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He is going to get way more than 48%.

McD abandoned the rotation in Carolina when they had the talent to justify it.

I'd guess Miller will get over 65% of the snaps. Which is perfect as he gets older.

Yeah.  I think Johnson and Hardy got over 80% of the snaps if I remember trying to research whether a trade for Danielle Hunter would be justified.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I think it means he’ll be a bill for 3 years.  Who knows if he retires or not

He's ultimately under our control.  I mean there is the option of cap casualty and he tries to hero with some other team, but I think this is likely his last SB team.  

My question, why are voidable years a bargaining chip now? I understand the logic for players on your team you are trying to restructure, but why not just make the contract a 4 year 80 million or something? I really don't understand the logic

52 minutes ago, BRH said:

We made the Raiders look like complete fools. 

They don't need anyone's help with that...they do just fine on their own.

30 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

90%
84%
84%
76%
81%
86%
78%
84%
76%
79%

Let me simplify the math for you. There is a 0% chance that you need to worry about this.

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

For those old enough to remember, Buddy Nix settled on Dareus after missing out on the player he really wanted, Von Miller.

I wanted Miller so bad in that draft!   Better late than never!!! :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.