Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think the pass rush was pretty underrated last season too so they could be absolute animals this year.

They were excellent in pressure rate, but it didn't materialize into sacks.  I think this season with the line additions and the signing of Von Miller the sack production is going to jump up.  Not necessarily from Miller, but I see us collapsing pockets and getting interior pressure that turn into sacks.  Should be super fun to watch.

9 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

This contract seems more like a rookie GM handling it & reaching for a name or a splash for marketing purposes because he missed on a few others this year that we may or may not know about aka like Russ Brandon in the past (which never worked out), that's way too much and ridiculous regardless of how it's back-loaded.

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid! They need better offensive lineman, a cornerback or two, a really good linebacker and another stud wide receiver like DK Metcalf. Also, a better running back then just Singletary.

Von Miller will bring a lot of national news and coverage to the Bills.  Being relevant and talked about - usually means you make mo' money.  It's a smart move in my mind.  There's always risk, but he can do a lot for this defense - he'll have a good impact on the team.  I like the move, even though it was clearly an expensive one.

6 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I think there's a contingent of Bills' fans who aren't NFL fans, and they know that Von Miller who was on the Broncos and the Broncos weren't great, ergo Von Miller must not be as good anymore.

He's not Superbowl MVP caliber anymore, for sure, but he's way better and more efficient than any DE that was on the Bills last season and that's by a large margin.

2/3 sacks in the SB game with a Bills victory may win him that award

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

This contract seems more like a rookie GM handling it & reaching for a name or a splash for marketing purposes because he missed on a few others this year that we may or may not know about aka like Russ Brandon in the past (which never worked out), that's way too much and ridiculous regardless of how it's back-loaded.

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid! They need better offensive lineman, a cornerback or two, a really good linebacker and another stud wide receiver like DK Metcalf. Also, a better running back then just Singletary.

Half the damn team is made up of defensive lineman and way too much money is tied up on the defensive & line across the board. Von is good, but not that great anymore and 32! 

$120 million for 6 years even if it only ends up being 4 years at $17 million per, ridiculous!

$10 million a year... maybe I'd be on board, but welcome Von!

Well, we only have a 2 year window and the other 23 D-linemen that we drafted all suck, so what else were we supposed to do? We needed a pass rusher. Beane obviously can’t hit on DE’s so we needed a FA. At least he recognized it and fixed the problem.

Now we should trade Edmunds and dump Beasley. Then we can sit back and relax.

Edited by Governor
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Hopefully this was meant to serve as an upgrade over Jerry Hughes and marks the end of his tenure, and the Bills' insistence on sticking with once-upon-a-time players for way too long.

Hughes was still one of the most effective players at getting pressure in the NFL, ranking 9th in the NFL last year amongst all edge defenders.

This classification does not hold water

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Over their last two full seasons (both 2019 and 2021)

Von Miller: 17.5 sacks, 37 QB hits, 5 Forced fumbles

Chandler Jones: 29.5 Sacks, 52 QB hits, 14 forced fumbles

I can pick random stats too.  Over their past 15 games, Von Miller has 9.5 sacks and Jones has 5.5.

Also, one had 2.5 sacks in the super bowl....

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Hughes was still one of the most effective players at getting pressure in the NFL, ranking 9th in the NFL last year amongst all edge defenders.

If anything, I'd love to get Hughes on a team friendly 1 year deal now. I doubt it'll happen though but I think it could be a killer combo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

People think our dline was a failure because we couldn’t sack nearly unsackable mahomes.  Chiefs oline was much improved this season and this signing should tilt the balance in our favor 

6 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Hopefully this was meant to serve as an upgrade over Jerry Hughes and marks the end of his tenure, and the Bills' insistence on sticking with once-upon-a-time players for way too long.

I'll say upgrade to Addison. Hughes can still bend that corner. I'd like to bring him back at reasonable rate. Pass rush from the interior is gonna be crucial

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.