Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

I know now everyone is a cap expert.  Im not either, but WE ARE NOT PAYING HIM 120M.    

Von Miller is not on this team at age 38. 

This is a 3 year deal base with us likely eating some dead cap in the following 3 years.  

Keep in mind, teams typically carry some dead cap year to year.  We just already know we will have some in ‘25, ‘26 & ‘27.  

Hence the front loaded guaranteed $$ so the pain down the line, with an exploding salary cap, isn’t something we can’t manage. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think people maybe didn’t notice as much because Aaron Donald always got the spotlight? That’s just a wild guess cuz von was great last year lol

I think there's a contingent of Bills' fans who aren't NFL fans, and they know that Von Miller who was on the Broncos and the Broncos weren't great, ergo Von Miller must not be as good anymore.

He's not Superbowl MVP caliber anymore, for sure, but he's way better and more efficient than any DE that was on the Bills last season and that's by a large margin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Screw it, we couldn't get McCaffery, go get Saquon to. I think Saquon is more done but we would essentially get him on a one year contract for $7 million and then go from there. And if we could get him for a 4th, why not? 

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

man this is awesome.  Really hope we can get Jerry back.  He is likely too expensive but I hope we offer him a contract of a smaller amount so he can choose.  Jerry has never had a HOF across from him.  They both could get 10 plus sacks.  

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I think its been stated a billion times in this thread.

But just in case you missed the first 24 pages.

THERE IS NO WAY HE'S GETTING PAID $120 MILLION OVER 6 YEARS.  NO CHANCE.  NONE. ZERO.

The contract could just as easily be for $500 million over 6 years, with the last three years being salary of $150 million/year.

Hate to break it to you, but this isnt Beane's first rodeo.  Its his job. Call me crazy, but I'm betting that this "overzealous and inexperienced GM" knows a bit more about NFL football an cap management than you.

Agreed, it isn’t just 6 years 120 straight up, there will be nuances with the contract.

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Gotta love when an ill-informed newbie comes barging in like a bull in a china shop, huh? Maybe check the details of the contract and try reading the room before 'enlightening' all of us, newb.

I'm convinced some of the very new posters aren't Bills fans at all. I think a group from another team may have signed up to play with us. I basically try ignore stupid posts from those who are very recent members with no credibility earned here. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I think there's a contingent of Bills' fans who aren't NFL fans, and they know that Von Miller who was on the Broncos and the Broncos weren't great, ergo Von Miller must not be as good anymore.

He's not Superbowl MVP caliber anymore, for sure, but he's way better and more efficient than any DE that was on the Bills last season and that's by a large margin.

I think the pass rush was pretty underrated last season too so they could be absolute animals this year.

1 hour ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Lol he's so much better than Chandler Jones

Over their last two full seasons (both 2019 and 2021)

Von Miller: 17.5 sacks, 37 QB hits, 5 Forced fumbles

Chandler Jones: 29.5 Sacks, 52 QB hits, 14 forced fumbles

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.