Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

4 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

This contract seems more like a rookie GM handling it & reaching for a name or a splash for marketing purposes because he missed on a few others this year that we may or may not know about aka like Russ Brandon in the past (which never worked out), that's way too much and ridiculous regardless of how it's back-loaded.

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid!

Roger Daltry can just speak for me here

PS...there's this thing called...THE DRAFT.  Teams find talent there, like, you know, CB and WR and OL and stuff

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

This contract seems more like a rookie GM handling it & reaching for a name or a splash for marketing purposes because he missed on a few others this year that we may or may not know about aka like Russ Brandon in the past (which never worked out), that's way too much and ridiculous regardless of how it's back-loaded.

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid! They need better offensive lineman, a cornerback or two, a really good linebacker and another stud wide receiver like DK Metcalf. Also, a better running back then just Singletary.

Half the damn team is made up of defensive lineman and way too much money is tied up on the defensive & line across the board. Von is good, but not that great anymore and 32! 

$120 million for 6 years even if it only ends up being 4 years at $17 million per, ridiculous!

$10 million a year... maybe I'd be on board, but welcome Von!

You are a complete rookie at understanding contracts. Hilarious.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep............and these aren't the deals you regret if they don't work out.

They didn't get close to the full 7 years out of Mario and it was still one of the best long term deals they've ever done.

Bryce Paup........similar.

It's about impact............now close the deal on the Lombardi and it's an absolute Lombargain.

This is basically a 3 year $52M deal............not gigantic for what should be the 3rd or 4th ranked individual game breaker on the team.

Hold on a sec.....were you "right" again LOL? 

Great call Bro! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid! They need better offensive lineman, a cornerback or two, a really good linebacker and another stud wide receiver like DK Metcalf. Also, a better running back then just Singletary.

Half the damn team is made up of defensive lineman and way too much money is tied up on the defensive & line across the board. Von is good, but not that great anymore and 32! 

$120 million for 6 years even if it only ends up being 4 years at $17 million per, ridiculous!

I'd love for you to explain how he's "not that great" when all of the metrics say that he's better than guys who got similar contracts.

Pressure win rate, tackles, hell even just sacks are better/more efficient than a guy like Chandler Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

I think its been stated a billion times in this thread.

But just in case you missed the first 24 pages.

THERE IS NO WAY HE'S GETTING PAID $120 MILLION OVER 6 YEARS.  NO CHANCE.  NONE. ZERO.

The contract could just as easily be for $500 million over 6 years, with the last three years being salary of $150 million/year.

Hate to break it to you, but this isnt Beane's first rodeo.  Its his job. Call me crazy, but I'm betting that this "overzealous and inexperienced GM" knows a bit more about NFL football an cap management than you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I just read (and it's probably been posted on this thread) that a big part of his decision was wanting to play w/ Allen.

I could get very used to that kind of story.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Allen is #1 on the NFL Top 100 list.  

Players knew before everyone else did when he broke into that list after his second year.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd love for you to explain how he's "not that great" when all of the metrics say that he's better than guys who got similar contracts.

Pressure win rate, tackles, hell even just sacks are better/more efficient than a guy like Chandler Jones.

I think people maybe didn’t notice as much because Aaron Donald always got the spotlight? That’s just a wild guess cuz von was great last year lol

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Roger Daltry can just speak for me here

PS...there's this thing called...THE DRAFT.  Teams find talent there, like, you know, CB and WR and OL and stuff

Gotta love when an ill-informed newbie comes barging in like a bull in a china shop, huh? Maybe check the details of the contract and try reading the room before 'enlightening' all of us, newb.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I think its been stated a billion times in this thread.

But just in case you missed the first 24 pages.

THERE IS NO WAY HE'S GETTING PAID $120 MILLION OVER 6 YEARS.  NO CHANCE.  NONE. ZERO.

The contract could just as easily be for $500 million over 6 years, with the last three years being salary of $150 million/year.

Hate to break it to you, but this isnt Beane's first rodeo.  Its his job. Call me crazy, but I'm betting that this "overzealous and inexperienced GM" knows a bit more about NFL football an cap management than you.

Don't feed the troll, mate.

Although as can be seen, I did succumb to the temptation to toss him a bisquit

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.