Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

OK, assuming this is correct, we can now guess at some cap hits.

$32 million guaranteed.  So lets guess $30 million in bonuses, $2 million salary first year.  30/6 = $5million per year bonus hit.

So first year cap hit may be as little as $7 million.

To hit $53 million first three years, salary in years 2 and 3 about $10 milliion.

Then, to equal $120 million, salary in last 3 years would be about $22 million per year.  That will never happen.

If he's cut after 1 year its a $25 million cap hit, after 2 would be $20 milliion, after 3 (when he really needs to be cut or contract reworked), its $15 million.

$15 million is a big dead cap hit for one player, but in 2025 cap will be $250 million or more, so not that bad.

These are just my guesses; it will be interesting to see how its all structured.

Clearly a cap gamble, but good move by Beane.  He's trying to hit the open window.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Von on the right and Rouse on the left.

Can't wait baby!

Greg is going to get some great technique tips to bring up his game from Von!

Should really help AJEpenesa too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This contract seems more like a rookie GM handling it & reaching for a name or a splash for marketing purposes because he missed on a few others this year that we may or may not know about aka like Russ Brandon in the past (which never worked out), that's way too much and ridiculous regardless of how it's back-loaded.

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid! They need better offensive lineman, a cornerback or two, a really good linebacker and another stud wide receiver like DK Metcalf. Also, a better running back then just Singletary.

Half the damn team is made up of defensive lineman and way too much money is tied up on the defensive & line across the board. Von is good, but not that great anymore and 32! 

$120 million for 6 years even if it only ends up being 4 years at $17 million per, ridiculous!

$10 million a year... maybe I'd be on board, but welcome Von!

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 6

Our defense is going to be amazing.

The #1 ranking - as we kind of know - was a mirage last year.  This year, it will be the truth.  

We're going to absolutely destroy teams.  I hope they never let up - and on the Patriots in particular. I hope we put a 40 burger on that team both times (and there won't be a 3rd, because they ain't getting a WC w/ how stacked the AFCW is).

• Like (+1) 3

With how good our defense already is against the non-elite teams, I’m not even joking when I say give Von load management.  

Bring him in on passing downs against meh teams, rest him if we get up big and then unleash him in the big games.  

Make sure he’s locked and loaded for the 3 years we’re realistically having him here for. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

This contract seems more like a rookie GM handling it & reaching for a name or a splash for marketing purposes because he missed on a few others this year that we may or may not know about aka like Russ Brandon in the past (which never worked out), that's way too much and ridiculous regardless of how it's back-loaded.

I like Brandon Beane a lot, but this just seems like an over zealous reach & inexperience GM move. Stupid and he really got fleeced & overpaid! They need better offensive lineman, a cornerback or two, a really good linebacker and another stud wide receiver like DK Metcalf. Also, a better running back then just Singletary.

Half the damn team is made up of defensive lineman and way too much money is tied up on the defensive & line across the board. Von is good, but not that great anymore and 32! 

$120 million for 6 years even if it only ends up being 4 years at $17 million per, ridiculous!

$10 million a year... maybe I'd be on board, but welcome Von!

Lol what…he was phenomenal last season.  This is a massive signing.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.