Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

I know it’s a nickel and dime league now, that the 4-3 vs 3-4 discussion is almost irrelevant, and that rushing the passer is rushing the passer, but still…

Its worth noting that this will be Miller’s first time being a full time 4-3 edge.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Great googily moogily!! Earlier today I was starting to actually believe they were gonna sign Chandler Jones based on the roster moves they were making. And then as usual, some team comes out of left field and scoops him up. Had no idea all the space clearing was for Miller. Dang. That's big time. 

Dude still plays at a high level, he won't have to take a huge percentage of the snaps and he's an absolute beast in the playoffs and big games. 6 years, wow. 

Love us being the team coming out of nowhere!

This pleases me.

Fills the biggest need and reduces the second biggest need (corner).

Sends the right message to the locker room and the rest of the league.

Puts the Bills on the prime time / media map.

Raises expectations for everyone (myself included).

Rights the wrong that was the 2011 draft.

Shows that Beane and his team can close.

Beane finally drove the Porche out of the dealership.  He opened his first credit card today.  Regardless of whether it works (some don’t), this was a major step forward for OBD.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Yes!!!!! Let's gooo!!!!! This is what I'm talking about!!!!!

Forget the head line 6 year 120, NFL is funny money the cap is crap... it's really 3 yr 53 million in effect...

Excellent!!!! The boost we need on defense!!!! Leadership and pass rush and professionalism and intensity and Chamionship caliber in all ways!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Just so stoked for this!

Just when Bills fans were crying that they lost Chandler Jones to the Raiders. Pats CB Jackson and Mack to the Chargers... (the pats get weaker).

This signing is better! 

Chandler Jones had 10 sacks last season...5 in one game! He is getting the same money as Vonn...which would you rather have? The SB hero or the Card?

Totally agree.  I didn't want the Bills to break the bank for just any player.  Von Miller is the type of player you break the bank for.  He plays big in big games...especially the playoffs.  Something Chandler didn't do and something our defense last season didn't do.  I said we needed a "Josh" on defense...especially after Tre went down.  Von Miller is that kind of player!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I don't understand? What does Judon have to do with anything 

He's been trying to recruit players to New England all week and failing. He mentioned how tough its been and he and Sal C got into a little back and forth about it.

He mustve been after Miller, or at least doesnt want him coming to Buffalo, because he posted this right after the announcement.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@IronMaidenBills, how are you feeling now?

It’s not my money, I just want a super bowl. If this does the trick, then I will be more than happy. I feel like Von Miller has a year or 2 in the tank, and could be that missing piece on defense, especially with White returning. If we manage to get a star RB in the draft and another good CB and WR then it’s on like Donkey Kong!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.