AZ cuts Jordan Phillips - now signed by Bills

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, junior said:

To be fair, I wouldn't exactly put Thad Brown in the upper echelon of sport reporters/analysts.

Ya he’s always been douche - he’s a jets fan isn’t her.

I understand his point but he’s been going at Phillips like he has a grudge 

Edit - weird the guy who posted the question I worked with like 20 years ago 😳

Edited by mikemac2001

17 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Geesh, Thad Brown doesn't think much of him....

Veron Butler was worse than Phillips and still barnacled his way onto the roster. I think Phillips has a much better chance of being on the final 53 than Lawson. 

• Simon unpinned this topic

Looks like he got 3,5M (3M guaranteed).

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

That's more than I thought, but he may be well worth it.

EDIT: Overthecap sees it differently (and worse). They say he has 2,5M signing bonus and has 2023 as void year with 1,25M dead cap :(

https://overthecap.com/player/jordan-phillips/3900/

Edited by No_Matter_What

Jordan Phillips contract now up on Bills Salary Cap Chart on Spotrac (but not on his Spotrac page)

image.thumb.png.ad44a0691766610ac3d91640616f9f8c.png

$3.5M cap hit

$1.25M signing bonus

$1.75M salary

rest roster and workout

No word on how much beyond signing bonus is guaranteed (Edit: says $3M dead cap so assume salary is guaranteed as well as signing bonus)

Bills cap space after Phillips added and bottom guy bumped off the 51 $3.7M

EDIT: Spotrac originally reported this as a 1 year, $3.75M contract.  My guess would be the $0.25M difference would be roster bonuses considered "not likely to be earned".  If they specify a source for this info, I can't find it.

• Like (+1) 1

Sportrac is still not 100% clear on Phillips but they added a void yead for him in 2023 for $1,25M. That is consistent with what overthecap has quite a long time already.

It seems that his actual contract is really $5M/1year. That is quite a lot (esp. compared to his buddy Shaq Lawson). Let's hope he produces.

Pillips' main problem with Arizona was his inability to stay healthy.  He signed a 3 year deal worth about $10 million per hear but was healthy for a little more than half his games his first 2 years of that contract.  When he played for the Bills, he was somewhat disruptive in pass defense, but didn't always play with good discipline in run defense.  That led to t he Bills giving up some big plays.  I think his new contract with the Bills makes him a good value.  I think Frazier will probably limit him to mostly passing situations if he can, but the Bills will need to be wary of opponents running the ball on 3rd and long with Phillips in the lineup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.