AZ cuts Jordan Phillips - now signed by Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Dude, first of all you're implying the stats you listed as if 378yds etc was all done on Dane which could not be more silly. Secondly, I CLEARLY was talking about every game since Thanks Giving when he came in for Tre. Lastly, every CB playing against Mahomes has a hard time,

I didn't imply anything about those stats, they are what they are. The Bills defense couldn't stop them. Mahomes' offense scored their 2nd most points all season in that game so the 'he does that to everybody' does not apply either. It's not all on Jackson and he filled in okay I guess, he just wasn't as good as they're gonna need at cb2.  Jackson was rated 82nd of 117 qualifying cbs on PFF for his full seasons work. Even if you think PFF is a joke look at their top 10 and bottom 10 and tell me they're not really good and really bad. 

Myself, I'm hoping the Bills have someone much better than Dane Jackson at CB2 next season. Jackson is depth and still developing imo.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I didn't imply anything about those stats, they are what they are. The Bills defense couldn't stop them. Mahomes' offense scored their 2nd most points all season in that game so the 'he does that to everybody' does not apply either. It's not all on Jackson and he filled in okay I guess, he just wasn't as good as they're gonna need at cb2.  Jackson was rated 82nd of 117 qualifying cbs on PFF for his full seasons work. Even if you think PFF is a joke look at their top 10 and bottom 10 and tell me they're not really good and really bad. 

Myself, I'm hoping the Bills have someone much better than Dane Jackson at CB2 next season. Jackson is depth and still developing imo.

You keep talking about the one KC game which was a game that was all high octane offense that neither Bills or KC's defense could not stop each other. If that's how you rate a player going by 1 game and not knowing Dane's individual stats so you just use the final stats of KC's offense as a whole then I can't take you serious.

There were 7 other games he did pretty well in, but you're not acknowledging those for some reason....

I don't think anyone should be comfortable having Dane Jackson as a starter entering next season. The two times the team faced above average passing offenses the second half of the season (after Tre went down) they were torched.

Hopefully a round 1/2 rookie and a vet will be brought in most likely in to supplement the position until Tre is back.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Mikie's Bills said:

I don't think anyone should be comfortable having Dane Jackson as a starter entering next season. The two times the team faced above average passing offenses the second half of the season (after Tre went down) they were torched.

Hopefully a round 1/2 rookie and a vet will be brought in most likely in to supplement the position until Tre is back.

CB giving me cold sweats :(

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Turk71 said:

First, 42 points wasn't exactly "their 2nd most points all season." It was in a 3-way tie for second-most. They scored that much four times.

More, they scored 42 points against us because our offense was good enough to match them in regular time and force overtime and the Chiefs got an extra drive in.

When Mahomes was playing well last year, very few teams were able to stop them. Our offense was just as awesome when playing well. But KC was terrific.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Geesh, Thad Brown doesn't think much of him....

I agree with Brown regarding Phillips. If I am wrong, I'll be happy about it. What I remember of Philips is lots of show, some big plays and then failing to maintain his gap or do his job on a consistent basis. I was happy he went to Arizona, feeling we added by subtracting. 

• Dislike 1

14 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Love having Jordan and Shaq back. Their production was huge for us in ‘19 and I loved the swagger they brought to the defense. Hopefully we get more of that. 

Shaq still has work to do to make the team.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.