AZ cuts Jordan Phillips - now signed by Bills

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

For me Dane did well being effectively the number 2 corner and if this team has many glaring needs elsewhere I would roll with him as the CB2 and just draft depth or a cheaper veteran. But for a team with Super Bowl aspirations they will need to burn a pick early at CB or go with a more proven veteran to compete with Dane.

The Bills aren't getting to the SB with Dane Jackson as their CB2 imo. Cornerbacks are far more important than having 4 guys play 1 tech DL

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The Bills aren't getting to the SB with Dane Jackson as their CB2 imo. Cornerbacks are far more important than having 4 guys play 1 tech DL

I disagree, I think absolutely they could. I mean they were a ***** hair from getting there with him at CB1. No reason to believe he couldn't perform just as well or better at CB2 as he just showed at CB1

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm happy he is back overall. Not sure of the 5 DL signings while the CB position is in flux, OL may be an issue, and the WR room is weaker than it was at the end of the season.

That is a lot of holes to fill in the draft to focus once again, on the DL.

That said I have always been a fan of Phillips. Never understood the angst from the board. BUF picked him up off waivers. It's not like the Bills spent some high draft pick or a lot of FA money for him. Getting 9.5 sacks from a low cost waiver acquisition is a win.

I am happy BUF did not pay him big money, but it's not exactly like Jefferson or Butler blew away his performance.

Happy he is back to complete.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

That said I have always been a fan of Phillips. Never understood the angst from the board. BUF picked him up off waivers. It's not like the Bills spent some high draft pick or a lot of FA money for him. Getting 9.5 sacks from a low cost waiver acquisition is a win.

Dude always seemed to bring good energy to the field - glad he's back as well! 👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I disagree, I think absolutely they could. I mean they were a ***** hair from getting there with him at CB1. No reason to believe he couldn't perform just as well or better at CB2 as he just showed at CB1

What game were you watching?

Mahomes completed 75% of his passes for 378 yards and a 124 QB rating. 30 first downs and a 10 minute advantage in time of possession, 550 yards and 42 points. 

Josh Allen was the only reason they got so close and it most certainly had nothing to do with Dane Jackson's level of play. It would be stupid for the Bills to think that is good enough for CB2 imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Mahomes completed 75% of his passes for 378 yards and a 124 QB rating. 30 first downs and a 10 minute advantage in time of possession, 550 yards and 42 points. 

Josh Allen was the only reason they got so close and it most certainly had nothing to do with Dane Jackson's level of play. It would be stupid for the Bills to think that is good enough for CB2 imo.

Our lack of coverage really showed up in that game it would have also helped if we could grind clock

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Agree...Dane really proved himself...

I'm well aware, why I said I think he may take over Levi's CB2 spot imo

I absolutely believe that Dane proved himself, and is MORE than deserving of the # 2 CB spot.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Dude, first of all you're implying the stats you listed as if 378yds etc was all done on Dane which could not be more silly. Secondly, I CLEARLY was talking about every game since Thanks Giving when he came in for Tre. Lastly, every CB playing against Mahomes has a hard time,

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He didn't play cb1...

Tre was CB1 and he took his spot right....

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Dude, first of all you're implying the stats you listed as if 378yds etc was all done on Dane which could not be more silly. Secondly, I CLEARLY was talking about every game since Thanks Giving when he came in for Tre. Lastly, every CB playing against Mahomes has a hard time,

Tre was CB1 and he took his spot right....

That was Levi Wallace who took the spot 

Dane took Levi's original spot

Edited by Buffalo716

Dane played better down the stretch than Wallace and there’s a great chance we sign a veteran cb anyway and pick one at 25 or latest at 57. Btw, last time we picked a cb in the 1st round it was Trey and he was picked a couple of picks later than 25……

in Beane we trust 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was Levi Wallace who took the spot 

Dane took Levi's original spot

Ok, well my mistake...but still my point stands, he did very well at CB2 those games in Tre's absence...so no reason to think it will be any different at CB2 next season

34 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I didn't know Wallace switched sides? 

X wrs line up on both sides of the field  now

Tre had shadowed receivers over the years across the field ... Dane Jackson stayed on one side ... I wouldn't say that's replacing a number 1 ... Tre was top 10 shadowing

Him and Levi played LCB RCB , nobody shadowed WRs  

He played a starting cb role , not a number 1 role 

And yes I think Dane can be good .. especially since he's been allowed to develop

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.