Chandler Jones signing with Raiders - 3 years, $52.5 mill

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

*pulls out template for when FA doesn’t sign*

too much money for aging guy! 5 of his sacks last year were in one game! Not a scheme fit! Rather give that $ to Danielle Hunter! 

also, sucks for Chefs

Not a terrible thing.   Maybe the Raiders can beat the Chiefs at least once.  That right there would be super helpful. 

Understandably, we have financial and cap limitations, but I’m not sure what the plan is at edge. A bunch of young guys doesn’t seem in line with their philosophy. Still options available, but the cupboard is thinning. Im ready to move beyond the Jerry Hughes and Mario Addisons of the world. 

Just look at the cap savings,👍

(sarcasm off)

Played out exactly like the JJ Watt chase last year.   Said it wasnt about money, and in the end it was about money.  Nobody should be surprised it ended this way, and I'll be happy watching him collect $17 million a year for a team thats not going to sniff the Lombardi.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Let's say we decided we could afford $10M.

$10M + the $7M we gave to D Jones = $17M. 

We signed Settle. Another fat DT can easily be found in the mid rounds of the draft. 

At some point McBeane needs to realize that elite talent > depth.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

might be a blessing in disguise.  I heard on the radio yesterday that 5 of his 12 sacks came in the first game of the season last year

That’s exactly right! 7 sacks in the next 16 games, not elite, and he’s just getting older and slower. This is exactly the kind of free agent player you don’t sign to huge money! Glad we’re not the Raider! But I guess they felt pressured to do something with all the moves the other AFC west teams are making. 

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Played out exactly like the JJ Watt chase last year.   Said it wasnt about money, and in the end it was about money.  Nobody should be surprised it ended this way, and I'll be happy watching him collect $17 million a year for a team thats not going to sniff the Lombardi.

They're going to be 8-9 next year.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Team and ownership doesn't have it to push over the finish line. 

They do when it’s $1billion in public money for a stadium.  I’m not one to want a splashy signing for it’s own sake, but I think McBeane’s gotta read the room a little here.  Replacing our JAG’s with other JAG’s is gonna leave the large majority of the fanbase uninspired.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.