McKissinc changes mind, returning to Washington

Logic

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

OMG you guys gotta build a bridge and get over it.

If these agents have a player we want, we will definitely work with them again.

It's business. EVERYONE involved knows this is a possibility on these "agreements" during the tampering stage. Plus, it's a situational RB. I'm sure the FO has already moved on. It sucks, but oh well.

I already said it's not a big deal because he was just a highly paid 3D RB, but the principle of it looks and likely is nonsense.  There's an expectation that his agent does his due diligence BEFORE they make an agreement.  Now, my main point was that when this happens with a prized free agent, where his former team doesn't make an offer, because they don't want to make the mistake of overpaying, and a day later the new team's other 2 guys they were targeting are gone, THAT'S going to be an issue.  I'll assure you that Beane isn't pleased.  I think what bugs me also is that the "legal" tampering stuff is complete nonsense, and it's a cover for ACTUAL tampering.  Did Alex Cappa's agent really get a deal done in 74 seconds??  C'mon man.  They should have a red line free agent period policy, and enforce it thoroughly, but they'd rather do this charade to avoid having to deal with it.  

18 minutes ago, Punch said:

I found it odd when I heard Washington was disappointed they couldn’t match considering nothing would be official until 4pm today. It still surprises me a bit but it isn’t controversial in my eyes. 

I like McKissic and felt he’d be an excellent fit, but there are other options.

But do you think this might happen to a team with a top free agent after the comparable players at his position are already gone, leaving a team holding their junk?  I say yes, and that's why I'm sticking to it being a matter of principal.  

1 hour ago, nucci said:

maybe he had family considerations, maybe he didn't want to leave, maybe he likes where he is

Then I dunno, maybe his agent might then call Washington, and inquire???  The kicker is that Washington cried about it IMMEDIATELY, but still wasted 24 hours of our time(well Beanes) deciding if they wanted to pull the **** move or not, while our second and third choices might have been being sent somewhere else.  

4 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Now get Levi to change his mind.

The good thing is now that we know for sure what Chandler Jones top offer is, we won't want to change his mind.  Start calling the legal tampering period the craigslist offer tampering period, where they just randomly give the thing they promised to sell you to the hot chick so he can check her out when she comes to pick it up.  

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

$17M/yr for an injured RB?!? I'd rather have Danielle Hunter

Understanding a pass rusher is harder to find and probably universally thought of as a more important position…the difference Mccaffrey would make compared to Hunter is not even worth discussing. 1 of those guys could literally make us the most dangerous offense in the league and probably super bowl favorites. He’s probably the best non QB in the nfl. The other is a guy that will get is 10-12 sacks and effect our win total about 1/2 a game at best 

34 minutes ago, daz28 said:

But do you think this might happen to a team with a top free agent after the comparable players at his position are already gone, leaving a team holding their junk?  I say yes, and that's why I'm sticking to it being a matter of principal.  

Sure, that would change the equation somewhat but that’s not what happened here. Every team is under the same parameters during the “legal tampering” period and understands the potential consequences of handshake agreements. 

if it’s anyone’s fault, it’s Washington. In addition to not offering McKissic a contract they seemingly lied to Matt Ionnaidis’ agent and also waited as late as possible to release a bunch of players to clear space. Factoring in the Wentz trade, everything they’ve done thus far is bush league.

Edited by Punch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.