Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I agree with you on Baker, and yet, the Browns FO is looking even worse. Poverty franchise.

The fans dont deserve having to deal with Haslam.

Indy.

I suppose. Yet if I'm Frank Reich he's no soldier and not surrending  a 1st for him.

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I agree with you on Baker, and yet, the Browns FO is looking even worse. Poverty franchise.

The fans dont deserve having to deal with Haslam.

Indy.

Indy?

Do you think Frank Reich and Baker would make a good combination.  Actually it could happen but I'd rather not have that happen to Frank.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He escalated everything now.

Whatever team he goes to he will be a distraction, no debate about that.  Former #1 pick Heisman trophy winner.  Gugny is correct, he should have kept his mouth shut.  That tweet will end up costing the Borwns and himself a lot.  And the Browns FO is incredibly inept with how they handled this.

Bro they escalated it first by going for Watson and being sketchy.

Eff the Browns. They deserve another 15 years of being a poverty franchise. 

• Agree 5

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Indy?

Do you think Frank Reich and Baker would make a good combination.  Actually it could happen but I'd rather not have that happen to Frank.

I think they balance each other out. We already saw what happens when they mix another choir boy with him. Reich could use a little of Mayfield's fire, and Mayfield could use a little of Reich's humbleness.

edit: If Reich can work with 1980s Jim Kelly, he can DEFINITELY handle Baker Mayfield.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Despite what anyone thinks of Baker, I have to say the Browns handled this whole situation terribly, and basically in line with how the Browns always do dumb things.

Not meant in any type of defense of Baker, but I don't blame him for wanting out the way the Browns handled this whole ordeal.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He escalated everything now.

Whatever team he goes to he will be a distraction, no debate about that.  Former #1 pick Heisman trophy winner.  Gugny is correct, he should have kept his mouth shut.  That tweet will end up costing the Borwns and himself a lot.  And the Browns FO is incredibly inept with how they handled this.

Not his forte.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Bro they escalated it first by going for Watson and being sketchy.

Eff the Browns. They deserve another 15 years of being a poverty franchise. 

I don't disagree.

Watson wasnt going to Cleveland anyway when he has more hospitable venues to play, Cleveland might be one of the worst for a pass heavy QB.

Watson is about to rekkk a 4th team 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Despite what anyone thinks of Baker, I have to say the Browns handled this whole situation terribly, and basically in line with how the Browns always do dumb things.

Not meant in any type of defense of Baker, but I don't blame him for wanting out the way the Browns handled this whole ordeal.

Agreed.

And F.. Deshaun Watson 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

^^^^

This

Browns gonna do Browns things!

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cleveland needs to be on an MTV reality show.

Where does Baker do his commercials now?  From a real house?  Not funny.

Progressive Insurance reps are gnashing their teeth right now...

• Haha (+1) 1

So Baker is pissed that the Browns tried to acquire Watson, who was picked by Houston after making a trade with Cleveland in the 2017 Draft. The Browns took Mayfield and passed over Josh Allen TWICE to draft Baker and a corner because their current D Cord said he needed him for his defense to run but then they fired him a year later

Did I miss anything?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

So Baker is pissed that the Browns tried to acquire Watson, who was picked by Houston after making a trade with Cleveland in the 2017 Draft. The Browns took Mayfield and passed over Josh Allen TWICE to draft Baker and a corner because their current D Cord said he needed him for his defense to run but then they fired him a year later

Did I miss anything?

Nope, that pretty much explains why the Browns are a laughingstock.

Browns are pretty much in the same situation as the colts in that they have a roster loaded with talent that is close to competing for a SB but a major hole at QB.

And now they are going to be in a very awkward position missing out on Watson and now having to trade Mayfield from the fallout of that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.