Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

On 7/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

🤔

Goofus lines his pockets with extra money from insurance company endorsements.  Gallant participated in fundraising efforts for a children's hospital.

😁

To be fair, Mayfield did plenty of charity work as well. He raised tons of money, especially for Providence House in Cleveland.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

To be fair to Darnold and the list, the Jets worked pretty hard at ruining the guy.

Darnold is the same guy he was in college.  He doesn't have the brain for the game.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like what the panthers are doing. Just keep kicking the tires on qbs until you find one. Baker will never be a top 10 qb but the hate has gone too far on him. Carolina is a sneaky playoff team. 

Obviously, you haven’t heard the latest. Many reports out of Cleveland now state he was detested there. Selfish, arrogant, undisciplined and immature. Characteristics every NFL fan knows. Think about it, this woebegone franchise selected him #1 overall, but after just his 2nd season, they were done with him and would never pay him a 2nd contract. It’s seems evident they had no problem rubbing it in his face with the Watson trade. 
My take; He’ll be out of the League in 3 years. 

Interesting to see how, heading into year 5, the media is still talking more about Mayfield and Darnold than they are Allen. Neither has been given a chance, both have been in terrible organizations and systems, yadda yadda yadda.

Neither were part of the solution in their particular organizations, but rather have been victims of their situations. In contrast, Allen owns his situations and takes responsibility for it.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Interesting to see how, heading into year 5, the media is still talking more about Mayfield and Darnold than they are Allen. Neither has been given a chance, both have been in terrible organizations and systems, yadda yadda yadda.

Neither were part of the solution in their particular organizations, but rather have been victims of their situations. In contrast, Allen owns his situations and takes responsibility for it.

Idk, EVERY QB discussion I’ve heard begins with Allen🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Idk, EVERY QB discussion I’ve heard begins with Allen🤷‍♂️

Agreed. That was a terrible take, IMO. But I can understand if it she/he's talking about what's being discussed very recently. Mayfield was just traded to a team that Darnold is already on. This is actually sports news. At the moment, there is no drama surrounding Josh. So one should expect more stories about Mayfield and Darnold at this moment in time at least.

Edited by The Dean

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Obviously, you haven’t heard the latest. Many reports out of Cleveland now state he was detested there. Selfish, arrogant, undisciplined and immature. Characteristics every NFL fan knows. Think about it, this woebegone franchise selected him #1 overall, but after just his 2nd season, they were done with him and would never pay him a 2nd contract. It’s seems evident they had no problem rubbing it in his face with the Watson trade. 
My take; He’ll be out of the League in 3 years. 

Oh wow. I hated him at Oklahoma but I thought he matured a bit. I guess not. 

I think the underrated thing about Allen is how much of a great guy and teammate he is. 

20 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

not a bad list by Mcadoo. He was pretty close. I’d put baker at #3 and Rosen last but otherwise I’d say he was right on.

Maybe McAdoo is a better scout than a coach.  Not many had the top 2 guys in the right order,  Unfortunately for him he now has to coach 2 guys he never wanted on his team.  

6 hours ago, The Dean said:

Agreed. That was a terrible take, IMO. But I can understand if it she/he's talking about what's being discussed very recently. Mayfield was just traded to a team that Darnold is already on. This is actually sports news. At the moment, there is no drama surrounding Josh. So one should expect more stories about Mayfield and Darnold at this moment in time at least.

Very recently and snarky :) 

18 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Obviously, you haven’t heard the latest. Many reports out of Cleveland now state he was detested there. Selfish, arrogant, undisciplined and immature. 

Well, they are unlikely to be saying nice things about him are they? The worse they make him sound, the less stupid they sound in trading for Watson.

I would definitely take Mayfield over Darnold - he is not a franchise QB but I think he is better than many on here seem to think.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.