Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

Just now, Logic said:

Mark mr down as a believer that Mayfield will do well in Carolina and the Panthers will be in playoff contention.

Mind you, I don’t think Baker will ever be a league MVP candidate or anything. I DO think he’s NFL starting caliber. A top 20 option, let’s say. 

Support him with a quality defense and running game and he’ll make the playoffs more years than not.

Mayfield’s gonna be playing with a massive chip on his shoulder. I truly believe he’ll have a good season.

Pretty shrewd move by Baker. In 2 years or less Brady will be gone.  Baker will be the best qb left in that division. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Remember also he claims that he was supporting his (he was with him for 2 on JEST team as well).

A reporter got the quick sound bite he wanted and did not investigate further.

What is more important quick or complete?  

I am sure a Ian Rapport's (in)significant would prefer complete rather 1 minute and done.

Next 5 years who would you rather have at QB:

Kyler

Mayfield 

Dak

Stafford 

Fields

Hurts 

Lance 

Cousins 

Goff 

Winston 

Wentz

Darnold

Daniel Jones

Lock

I want to leave Kyler off the list.  I'm not sure he's a QB yet and I know he'll be the safe pick.  

The state of NFC QBs.  

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Next 5 years who would you rather have at QB:

Kyler

Mayfield 

Dak

Stafford 

Fields

Hurts 

Lance 

Cousins 

Goff 

Winston 

Wentz

Darnold

Daniel Jones

Lock

I want to leave Kyler off the list.  I'm not sure he's a QB yet and I know he'll be the safe pick.  

The state of NFC QBs.  

I was high on Fields coming out of Ohio State. Still think he can be better than Lawrence, but much too soon to know. 

Dak and Stafford appear to be the best of the bunch now. Will be interesting to see what Lance does this year. 

You left off Jimmy G. Wonder where he ends up.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I was high on Fields coming out of Ohio State. Still think he can be better than Lawrence, but much too soon to know. 

Dak and Stafford appear to be the best of the bunch now. Will be interesting to see what Lance does this year. 

You left off Jimmy G. Wonder where he ends up.

Yea....and Brady and Rodgers because of age - just feels like Jimmy Gs days as a starter are over barring injuries.  And maybe a high end back up is always what he's been.  At best.  

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

A #1 overall pick in the draft and the Browns in return get a conditional 5th round pick in two years. What a lousy deal. Plus, the Browns scumbag QB might not even play this year. Mark Jimmy Haslam as the dumbest owner in the NFL and Dan Synder as the worst.

A number 1 that got them to the playoffs and played hurt for you last year. Even if Watson plays is he that much better than a healthy Baker?? 

Haslam is a moron for that deal he made for Watson 

Schefter has a Bills helmet on a shelf behind him.

But I read on here the media hates Buffalo???

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol Mitch was "gold"?

Ok, I just heard Baker has an opportunity to go from $15.5 mil. To $18.3 mil. With incentives.  The MTC guys looked at the preliminary and stated the incentives looked achievable so maybe Mayfield won’t lose that much I he performs.  

Carolina at worst gets a rental for possibly for $8.3 mil.  That’s a steal for a starter and now maybe they can find trade another team for some back up pay.  They probably won’t get much, but Darnold is a solid backup.

2 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

How is this still a topic at the top of the board!?!?

Oh right, off season...

Can't wait till everyone agrees that this isn't about the Bills and who gives a damn.

What else is there?  Oh I know!  I will start another Tremaine Edmunds thread. 

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine if someone told you in 2018 that 4 years later Darnold and Mayfield would both be on the same team, competing for the starting role. 

The night of the 2018 draft that might have struck most fans as that GM being some sort of genius, to land BOTH these guys and let them battle it out...

17 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Oh right, off season...

Can't wait till everyone agrees that this isn't about the Bills and who gives a damn.

Because he was just traded a few hours ago?

and I can’t start new threads right now 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don’t know where you find these bits War, but it’s hilarious.  Thanks for sharing.

8 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Imagine if someone told you in 2018 that 4 years later Darnold and Mayfield would both be on the same team, competing for the starting role. 

The night of the 2018 draft that might have struck most fans as that GM being some sort of genius, to land BOTH these guys and let them battle it out...

And Rosin is in WITSEC.

34 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ok, I just heard Baker has an opportunity to go from $15.5 mil. To $18.3 mil. With incentives.  The MTC guys looked at the preliminary and stated the incentives looked achievable so maybe Mayfield won’t lose that much I he performs.  

Carolina at worst gets a rental for possibly for $8.3 mil.  That’s a steal for a starter and now maybe they can find trade another team for some back up pay.  They probably won’t get much, but Darnold is a solid backup.

he could have just put on some cleats at camp and got all 18 million in Cleveland…..

no 30 million for him.

37 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Oh right, off season...

Now that he's a Panther, he is only one step away from being a Bill. So we should keep this going to track his progress.

One more thing, you're welcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

20 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Now that he's a Panther, he is only one step away from being a Bill. So we should keep this going to track his progress.

One more thing, you're welcome.

Beane playing long run 4d chess - just waiting out future backup players developing on the Bills farm team

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.