Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Process said:

Darnold goes for a 2nd, 4th and 6th, Mayfield for a conditional 5th?

Even though he's unlikely to ever turn into an elite QB, this a nice trade for Carolina and a million times better than the trade for Darnold.

That's what a little leverage will get you.

I literally almost had to pick my jaw up off my laptop when I read this news update. I think the compensation back to cleveland is ridiculous! OMG whoa.......AND they still are going to carry part of  bakers  contract?

what a dumpster fire of a franchise.

Edited by muppy

28 minutes ago, Process said:

Darnold goes for a 2nd, 4th and 6th, Mayfield for a conditional 5th?

Even though he's unlikely to ever turn into an elite QB, this a nice trade for Carolina and a million times better than the trade for Darnold.

Carolina trading for Darnold was 'Jack and the Beanstalk' v. 2.0.  Traded a valuable cow for magic beans.

The Mayfield trade in comparison is savvy business. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Conditional 5th. Wow. That is good value. Mayfield is a decent QB. He can help take you to the playoffs. He can win playoff games. The Browns are just looking worse and worse. What a dumpster fire organization.

The best you can say is both the Darnold and Mayfield contract are up at the end of this year.

I’m not a Mayfield fan. I think this is classic bridge QB territory. It is also QB purgatory territory as they have a possibility of getting to middle of the draft pack.

A #1 overall pick in the draft and the Browns in return get a conditional 5th round pick in two years. What a lousy deal. Plus, the Browns scumbag QB might not even play this year. Mark Jimmy Haslam as the dumbest owner in the NFL and Dan Synder as the worst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.