Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

CSR for Progressive requires both online and in classroom training.  He might even take over the Progressive vacancy in Millinocket, Maine! 😁

I believe that response was regarding Lamar Jackson missing OTA's, but perhaps I'm wrong. Does he have a Progressive contract too?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I believe that response was regarding Lamar Jackson missing OTA's, but perhaps I'm wrong. Does he have a Progressive contract too?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/tv-ads-for-insurance-companies-featuring-nfl-quarterbacks-outperform-other-ads.html

JAN 15 2021 10:29 AM EST

The Browns quarterback signed a marketing deal with Progressive in 2019. He’s the only NFL player the firm uses in its sports marketing campaigns. Charney said before they settled on him, the firm put Mayfield through a “brutal two-hour combine.” 

The_Mayfields.jpg?w=500

Charney said Mayfield is unscripted when shooting.

24 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

What does this have to do with Lamar?  Follow the direct posts leading to Ridgeway's response. They concerned Jackson. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Dean said:

What does this have to do with Lamar?  Follow the direct posts leading to Ridgeway's response. They concerned Jackson. 

Lemur is not a spokesman for Progressive Insurance.  Just pointed that out.

He DOES NOT HAVE a Progressive contract.

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

CSR for Progressive requires both online and in classroom training.  He might even take over the Progressive vacancy in Millinocket, Maine! 😁

He DOES NOT HAVE a Progressive contract.

Was talking to a Browns fan today after last year playing with his injury and way less than 100% leaving his guts on the field for the Browns showing him self to be a all about his team type of guy & a leader how can he ever play another down for this team .

Haslem has all but bent him over with out even a kiss or some vaseline ! If it were me i would never even walk in the building again let alone put my body on the line for this team or it's owner what a slap in the face !

I would let them roll with who ever they can get to play while their new franchise QB sits out his disciplinary suspension .

If Mayfield does play at all it will be for his other team mates that he played with prior which will show himself as being a true team player once again . But i'm sure he is agonizing over that & hopes that a trade comes before he has to even think of doing such a thing ... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, T master said:

Was talking to a Browns fan today after last year playing with his injury and way less than 100% leaving his guts on the field for the Browns showing him self to be a all about his team type of guy & a leader how can he ever play another down for this team .

Haslem has all but bent him over with out even a kiss or some vaseline ! If it were me i would never even walk in the building again let alone put my body on the line for this team or it's owner what a slap in the face !

I would let them roll with who ever they can get to play while their new franchise QB sits out his disciplinary suspension .

If Mayfield does play at all it will be for his other team mates that he played with prior which will show himself as being a true team player once again . But i'm sure he is agonizing over that & hopes that a trade comes before he has to even think of doing such a thing ... 

I was in Cleveland a few weeks ago and had a similar conversation about Baker with some locals. I was wearing a Bills hat grabbing a sandwich and a beer, and a couple of guys started chatting about how they are jumping ship to Buffalo after the Watson debacle. They also said they hadn't worn any Browns gear since the trade. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

I was in Cleveland a few weeks ago and had a similar conversation about Baker with some locals. I was wearing a Bills hat grabbing a sandwich and a beer, and a couple of guys started chatting about how they are jumping ship to Buffalo after the Watson debacle. They also said they hadn't worn any Browns gear since the trade. 

Haslam tripled the price on Browns gear to help underwrite the Watson deal. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Does this mean they reached out directly? Or to his agent, I wonder. The cold shoulder seems to indicate directly, but now is a time to get the agent involved and eliminate the emotional part. THAT is why you have an agent. Again, very “Brownsie”.

I don’t like how ANY of this has gone down, but if I’m Baker I’m doing whatever it takes to get my $18 Million and change! Play for the boys in the locker room if that’s what it takes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Does this mean they reached out directly? Or to his agent, I wonder. The cold shoulder seems to indicate directly, but now is a time to get the agent involved and eliminate the emotional part. THAT is why you have an agent. Again, very “Brownsie”.

I don’t like how ANY of this has gone down, but if I’m Baker I’m doing whatever it takes to get my $18 Million and change! Play for the boys in the locker room if that’s what it takes. 

to be fair, at this point they should generally have an idea of his preferred places. How many conversations with him do they need to make it happen? 

“hey where do you want to go or avoid”

”hey we are talking with this team you wanted if you want to have some chats with them about your contract”

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

While I'm not a big Baker fan I like what he is doing.  That team has treated him like crap and helping them with a trade would let them off

the hook.  He is on a 5th year option to play for the Browns.  He will be an UFA next year so why would he care where he went if traded.

Like you said he just has to keep his mouth shut and collect his $18M and continue his career next year where he wants to go.  Teams will have

their full Cap cash for contracts in March.  After what that organization said about him I wouldn't talk to them either.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

While I'm not a big Baker fan I like what he is doing.  That team has treated him like crap and helping them with a trade would let them off

the hook.  He is on a 5th year option to play for the Browns.  He will be an UFA next year so why would he care where he went if traded.

Like you said he just has to keep his mouth shut and collect his $18M and continue his career next year where he wants to go.  Teams will have

their full Cap cash for contracts in March.  After what that organization said about him I wouldn't talk to them either.

I disagree

Mayfield needs to show up and play football, if they ask him, in order to collect his $18MM.  Otherwise, "conduct detrimental" and such.  Whoever thinks that if Watson is suspended, the Browns will just say "welp, we Did do Mayfield wrong, so lets just let him sit home and collect free money while we roll with Jacoby?"

Not I. 

And Mayfield needs to play Well in order to cash in on his future prospects.  He cant just show up and play like shtt, with the excuse that "wink-nudge, you all know the Real Me is a much better qb than this, but i'm sandbagging this season."  Because yeah.  No Baker, nobody 'knows' that your ***** play will be on purpose.

5 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Mayfield needs to show up and play football, if they ask him, in order to collect his $18MM. 

If the Browns don't trade him then he can play if they want him to.  I said "keep his mouth shut" over helping the Browns get as much return

for him as they want to.

The article was about him not talking to the Browns over a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.