Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

...or 99.6% of this message board!

Obviously, I love Josh and wouldn’t trade him for anyone. BUT…I’ll be honest and say I was a complete idiot when it came to that decision, as I was more in the pro-Darnold/Rosen crowd at the time. I’ll own how terribly wrong I was about that. Most of it driven by listening to too many dopes in the media hyping Darnold/Rosen and completely dumping on Josh. Since then, I’ve learned to trust my own eyes when it comes to evaluating a prospect.  I may not know everything there is to know about scouting a player, but at least it is actually my opinion if I’m wrong. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Some of that stuff Baker was saying about struggling to motivate guys that get paid a ton of money to win is so cringe. Can’t even imagine Josh saying stuff like that. 

I thank the good Lord above that we picked the right QB from that class. Easily could’ve F’d up that decision and instead Beane delivered. 

Yeah it was.

I was just starting to think maybe he had grown up a bit when he was talking about how he deleted all his social media and isn’t paying attention to everything every critic says anymore. Then he kept talking… lol.

• Agree 1

I’m sure his agent is banging his head against the wall after listening to this. IMO there is no positive takeaways for him doing this. It just reinforces his lack of leadership, the need to self reflect on how he improves and the need for greater maturity. I can’t imagine Josh ever coming across like this or a GM watching this and saying we need to go get Baker. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If they're Browns' fans they really should have known better about 1st overall picks.

They are fans but they hate them. Also one of the guys on the podcast is the one who first put the urban meyer at the bar story and videos out there 😂

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah it was.

I was just starting to think maybe he had grown up a bit when he was talking about how he deleted all his social media and isn’t paying attention to everything every critic says anymore. Then he kept talking… lol.

He is his own worst enemy. His ego rules his actions, but he lacks Aaron Rodgers level talent or intelligence.  

He just needs to shut up! Most guys rehabilitate as a back-up if needed, but he’s too much of a public distraction for anyone to want him as a back-up. Way to ruin all your options, Baker! 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I am happy to look back on my reaction and stand by it. I was not prepared for this regime to do right by Josh. I said I wanted Mayfield and wasn’t sure about the pick with Rosen on the board still, but said Josh absolutely had the highest ceiling but more risk than any other prospect. I was still in the “same old Bills” mindset.

Thankfully this regime was unlike any that came before. Turns out the Browns, as dysfunctional as they were, did what they always do (and what the Bills used to do) and did not put the right pieces around their QB to succeed. Beane knew what Josh was and took measures to help him get where he is.

…so very much could have changed that 2017 and 2018 off-season. The Browns not hiring McDermott was the best thing the Bills ever had happen to them since 2000. We got the coach, the GM, then the QB, and now the whole league is on notice. 

I still believe if Baker had a support system like Buffalo had for Josh he’d be a star. Not as physically gifted or mature, but I still think in the right environment he could be a success in the NFL. Hope he finds his way, just not before we win ours.

14 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

...or 99.6% of this message board!

I see you failed miserably at math.

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah it was.

Well he and Cole are buds and have same social secretaries.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

This has to be the longest goodbye in NFL history.

Isn't this going to ruin those TV commercials that imply that Baker lives in the stadium in Cleveland?

Maybe they'll make a commercial that shows him moving, with the truck backing up to the stadium.

That would actually be pretty funny.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The “Midwest Goodbye” is a real thing and escaping it is an art form 

Midwest Goodbyes ain't got nothin' on Puerto Rican Goodbyes.  Those are like the last minute of a college basketball game.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Isn't this going to ruin those TV commercials that imply that Baker lives in the stadium in Cleveland?

Maybe they'll make a commercial that shows him moving, with the truck backing up to the stadium.

That would actually be pretty funny.

Is there some sort of service that removes squatters that could start advertising with them?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.