Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

Good for us, bad for Brown fans.  Its amazing how bad owners destroy careers.  We are so blessed that Josh arrive in Buffalo at the perfect time, and we properly invested in his future.  Amazing job from owner to GM to HE to OC to QB Coached.  Blessed times us.......stay healthy.....stay stable.....Go Bills

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, shane nelson said:

Good for us, bad for Brown fans.  Its amazing how bad owners destroy careers.  We are so blessed that Josh arrive in Buffalo at the perfect time, and we properly invested in his future.  Amazing job from owner to GM to HE to OC to QB Coached.  Blessed times us.......stay healthy.....stay stable.....Go Bills

It's not good for us if he ends up with the Colts. 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Why would it matter? Cleveland is an AFC as well. Or are you implying the Colts would be contenders with Mayfield? 

I think the Colts are a better team than the Browns. Strong OL, Taylor, strong D. Mayfield hasn't lived up to his #1 pick status but he's a good QB. Put him on that team and they will challenge for a Super Bowl. I am not saying the Bills can't beat them but it will be a hard fought game. I won't bring up last years game as that was just a bad game for Buffalo. Games like that happen from time to time to every team.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean, if I’m being honest, this was a pretty good and respectable statement by Baker.  I’m sure he’s getting bombarded right now with the news Browns are meeting with Watson.  

So this came across respectable, professional, and well spoken in my book.  

I think a change of scenery could be good for him and there are some places he can go, if he is traded, where he can maybe bounce back as well.  Like Niners, Saints, or Colts.  

With all the Brees comparisons he drew at the draft the Saints would love him   

• Like (+1) 2

Thinking back to all the offseason talk about the 2018 QB class and seeing where they are now, is quite astonishing.

Mayfield -- No new contract and likely being exiled to a new city.

Rosen -- Run out of Zona, sent to Miami and now in Atlanta..

Darnold -- Saw ghosts in NY and sent to Carolina only to be replaced midseason

Jackson -- MVP season and then hurt in B2B seasons.  No new contract yet.

Rudolph -- Most famous for getting clocked in head with a helmet

This QB class at the time was talked about like it was similar to the class of '83.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Thinking back to all the offseason talk about the 2018 QB class and seeing where they are now, is quite astonishing.

This QB class at the time was talked about like it was similar to the class of '83.  

I am surprised the Ravens haven't signed LJ yet. I know he has been hurt but he has been a franchise QB for them. He won't get Allen type $$$$ as Josh is better but he has proven to be "the guy" for them IMHO.

13 minutes ago, wjag said:

I dink you vorgod sahmbahdee.

uggs and gisses

Mar-DEE BOO-rahn.

😁

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why

The Colts have a good team and with Mayfield they are a serious contender in the AFC. The Bills could beat them but it would be a tough game. Even though Baker isn't as good as his #1 pick status he is still a good QB.

• Like (+1) 2

The Factory of Sadness just keeps producing. Never been a Mayfield fan but that crap franchise (and I want Cleveland to be good) didn't do him any favors. Mayfield was over hyped and under developed by the coaching staffs. Idk if he can rebound. 

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean, if I’m being honest, this was a pretty good and respectable statement by Baker.  I’m sure he’s getting bombarded right now with the news Browns are meeting with Watson.  

So this came across respectable, professional, and well spoken in my book.  

I think a change of scenery could be good for him and there are some places he can go, if he is traded, where he can maybe bounce back as well.  Like Niners, Saints, or Colts.  

I think silence would have been far more respectable until a final decision had been made.

He's an attention w.hore who chose to publicly pout over being a professional and keeping his mouth shut.

14 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Sadly this bust took away all the attention that should have been on the far more talented Allen,  size and arm strength is night and day.  Baker was an overhyped player from the start and Allen the only star from that draft class of QB'S

Really glad the Browns got it wrong and Josh came to the Bills at #7 that year.   Of course, it is the Browns....so...perhaps expected.  But, that used to be the Bills, not anymore though.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I am surprised the Ravens haven't signed LJ yet. I know he has been hurt but he has been a franchise QB for them. He won't get Allen type $$$$ as Josh is better but he has proven to be "the guy" for them IMHO.

He still doesn't have an agent. I think that's a big reason why so far

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think silence would have been far more respectable until a final decision had been made.

He's an attention w.hore who chose to publicly pout over being a professional and keeping his mouth shut.

So true, silence would be the most respectable approach. However, so many people these days take to social media to share so many various things/details and it becomes habitual. With that being said, while choosing to say something, he did it in about the best way he could. I’m sure many Browns fans appreciate his approach as well. 

Everyone is different, in the end, the most important part is being classy/respectable no matter the route one takes. I think he did so here, while drumming up attention like those who use social media seek. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.