Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Moral of the story… don’t be a national commercial pitch-man before your play on the field backs it up.  

Yes because shooting 5 commercials (that paid more than any of us make it our entire lives), caused him to fail. Insane because qbs drafted in Cleveland always have great support systems, and always work out.

I dont like the guy, I think he's a French shower, but anybody turning down easy money like that would be a fool. Nfl avg career length is what like 2.5 years? Actually, he'd be a fool to work any job that anyone on this board has 😆

As I watch the First Four, I couldn’t help but see what Cleveland fans are saying..

“This entire situation is turning into a dark, dark day for this fanbase. From where I sit, our owner went back to his meddling ways, the Browns got absolutely PLAYED thinking they had a chance.. a chance to what you ask? Bring in a sexual predator!”  

Baker is 10x the human Watson is and the Browns should be embarrassed.  

Any team taking on this loser should be.  

Don't forget before the sexual allegations he pouted because he wasn't officially named GM 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Yes because shooting 5 commercials (that paid more than any of us make it our entire lives), caused him to fail. Insane because qbs drafted in Cleveland always have great support systems, and always work out.

I dont like the guy, I think he's a French shower, but anybody turning down easy money like that would be a fool. Nfl avg career length is what like 2.5 years? Actually, he'd be a fool to work any job that anyone on this board has 😆

🤣 Excellent

• Haha (+1) 1

Wah, wah.  He's almost as much of a douche as Aaron Rodgers.  The difference is that Rodgers is actually a great QB.  Baker has been a bigmouth, a sore loser and an overall failure on the field.  Do I wish him ill will?  Nope.  But I don't feel sorry for him one ***** bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's over now no matter what,  you don't go meeting with another QB if you had any confidence in your starter that was the #1 overall pick. Damage beyond repair and he is crying for attention

The Cleveland Browns made their sales pitch to Deshaun Watson, who, despite ongoing legal entanglements, is getting to choose where he plays next, while their current starting quarterback posted a statement seemingly questioning his future with the franchise.

A Cleveland contingent met with the controversial Watson in Houston on Tuesday, a person familiar with the meeting told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation. It’s not known who from the Browns attended the meeting.

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep and rumor has it haslam was torn with choosing baker or Allen…..thank God

The one thing I knew going into that draft was that I did not want the Bills to draft Baker Mayfield. I was so happy when the Browns picked him, and knowing what we all know now about Josh Allen, words can't describe what a pivotal moment this was for the future of the Bills franchise...............Thanks, idiots!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Baker is the best QB the new Browns have had, came in after the worst two year stretch a team has ever had, and won the first playoff game ever for them.  On top of that he repped the city well and treated the fan base well.  To throw him under the bus for a 1/4 shot at a guy facing 22 civil cases is the most Browns thing ever. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ugh can’t stand him and hated him draft time. Little tiny whiny QB with his Napoleon complex. Weird how this is so similar to Kyler Murray’s PMS statement. How can you even face teammates new or old with this bs?

I can not emphasize anymore how happy I am to have Josh Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’ll admit, living in Oklahoma, I really liked Baker Mayfield at OU & my son & I were hoping Buffalo would draft him. At OU, Mayfield was as fierce a competitor at QB as I’ve ever seen. He absolutely loved playing in hostile environments and seemed to play his best games in the biggest games. I’ve always considered combine athletic #s as relatively less important than intangibles. Unfortunately for Cleveland & Mayfield, pure physical #s, like arm strength are very important.  

My son was way more right on Allen than I initially was. He loved Allen within a few weeks of the draft, it took me a few regular season games.   It turns out Josh Allen is just as fierce of a competitor as Baker Mayfield AND he has much better athletic ability to make the necessary throws & plays!   Mayfield is now my third favorite QB, behind Josh Allen & Ryan Fitzpatrick (who moved up to #2 after that Buffalo-New England wild card game)!  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

They’re gonna end up without Watson OR Baker.

Absolute fools.

Jimmy Haslam, who is apparently behind the effort to get Watson, is an AWFUL owner.

I feel bad for Browns fans.

I don’t. I liked Motley, Graham, Collins and the coach with the color for a name. That’s it.

5 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Baker is the best QB the new Browns have had, came in after the worst two year stretch a team has ever had, and won the first playoff game ever for them.  On top of that he repped the city well and treated the fan base well.  To throw him under the bus for a 1/4 shot at a guy facing 22 civil cases is the most Browns thing ever. 

I dunno. I thought those five games that Brian Hoyer played lights out were something. Then he returned to reality after getting hurt. Plus there was the Kelly Holcomb playoff heroics. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Sadly this bust took away all the attention that should have been on the far more talented Allen,  size and arm strength is night and day.  Baker was an overhyped player from the start and Allen the only star from that draft class of QB'S

So you're saying you wish the Browns drafted Allen? I don't get it... who cares about attention? Josh seems to be more than happy with how things played out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.