Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

On 5/6/2022 at 9:23 PM, mikemac2001 said:

Baker should show up and be a professional if he isn’t cut or traded 

he has a chance to start for 3-6 games with a talented roster get over his ego pride being hurt and show some teams why they should invest in him 

but he won’t he’s an asshat who thinks his f arts don’t smell bad 

I would have agreed with you before but this Cleveland blunder continues looking worse and worse. They are clearly the worst organization in sports, this Watson contract may end up being the worst sports contract in history. Makes the Anthony Rendon contract look like a small administrative error. It might be Baker's best option to turn the whine to 11 and play the sympathy card at full strength at this point because more and more are feeling bad for him.

For example I just ran a quick Google search for Watson and top story is "NFL is pushing for indefinite suspension of Watson" lolololol. Granted they can probably void the contract but they can't just be like "Uh, hey Baker" at this point. Truly unbelievable, I love it.

Edited by Nelius

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

Well, I wasn't restricting myself to QBs, but you YOU JUST NAMED TWO QBS who didn't attend OTAs.  Do you really think Jackson needs the "practice" that occurs in OTAs?  He is the unquestionable starter for the Ravens as has been in that system for three years. He won an MVP in that offense. I'm sure he doesn't need the limited practice they manage to get in OTAs. It's most valuable for rookies and new players to the system. Now, to be sure, I'd like every player to be there, even if they don't need the practice. But we know that isn't always the case.

Also keep in mind, Jackson is his own agent. That is particularly unusual, especially for a starting QB. He marches to the beat of a different drummer than the "typical" NFL player. Why assign the logic and motivations of the typical player?  Doesn't make sense to me. Nobody in the organization, including Jackson, seems to have any serious concerns with the situation. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/56056/inside-the-different-paths-lamar-jacksons-contract-can-take-with-the-ravens

So if I was a Raven's fan I wouldn't be all that stressed out, at the moment. Everyone is saying the right things and nobody involved (as far as I can see) is fretting over the contract negotiation at the moment.

Lol.  Yeah, I do think it would be helpful for Jackson to be at OTAs.  He lost his favorite WR this off-season and never got in the same page as last year’s 1st round pick WR.  As for putting him in the same class as Brady and Rodgers - it just shows how far you’re reaching here.  He held out of voluntary OTAs because it’s part of contract negotiations.  Everyone else understands that. 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

I would have agreed with you before but this Cleveland blunder continues looking worse and worse. They are clearly the worst organization in sports, this Watson contract may end up being the worst sports contract in history. Makes the Anthony Rendon contract look like a small administrative error. It might be Baker's best option to turn the whine to 11 and play the sympathy card at full strength at this point because more and more are feeling bad for him.

For example I just ran a quick Google search for Watson and top story is "NFL is pushing for indefinite suspension of Watson" lolololol. Granted they can probably void the contract but they can't just be like "Uh, hey Baker" at this point. Truly unbelievable, I love it.

If they void the contract, they get nothing for all the draft choices they sent to Houston.  The NFL isn't going to make Houston give the picks back because Cleveland made the trade knowing all the allegations and based on how they structured the contract, both the Browns & Watson expected some kind of suspension.  

Cleveland is stuck with him.  Some day he'll play for them.  The amazing thing is if they were to waive Watson after the suspension is announced, some other dumb team would claim him for the future-remember Cleveland won a bidding war among multiple teams for the rights to trade for and sign Watson to that contract.  

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Lol.  Yeah, I do think it would be helpful for Jackson to be at OTAs.  He lost his favorite WR this off-season and never got in the same page as last year’s 1st round pick WR.  As for putting him in the same class as Brady and Rodgers - it just shows how far you’re reaching here.  He held out of voluntary OTAs because it’s part of contract negotiations.  Everyone else understands that. 

Agreed. I also think if you're negotiating in good faith, you should be at OTAs for posturing. Looks bad to be absent with contract hanging out there 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If they void the contract, they get nothing for all the draft choices they sent to Houston.  The NFL isn't going to make Houston give the picks back because Cleveland made the trade knowing all the allegations and based on how they structured the contract, both the Browns & Watson expected some kind of suspension.  

Cleveland is stuck with him.  Some day he'll play for them.  The amazing thing is if they were to waive Watson after the suspension is announced, some other dumb team would claim him for the future-remember Cleveland won a bidding war among multiple teams for the rights to trade for and sign Watson to that contract.  

They were were the only ones actually willing to sign him to that contract. They didn’t win the right to sign him to it. They essentially ended up bidding against themselves.  If Atlanta had offered the same contract they would be the team going through this right now. That was where he wanted to go.

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yes, when you have zero information on a subject, just assume it HAS to be because of something you are familiar with. Nobody has different reasons for doing things. Live in the box. It's a comfortable place if you don't like to challenge your mind.

16 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yes, when you have zero information on a subject, just assume it HAS to be because of something you are familiar with. Nobody has different reasons for doing things. Live in the box. It's a comfortable place if you don't like to challenge your mind.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

🤣

An Eddie Murphy gif is the best retort you can come up with. That seems about right.

It’s all your delusional posts are worth.  I learned a long time ago that talking sense to crazy is nothing but a waste of time and energy.

15 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s all your delusional posts are worth.  I learned a long time ago that talking sense to crazy is nothing but a waste of time and energy.

Ah gotcha. Because you can't think of any other reason he may not have attended OTAs other than a contract negotiation issue it MUST be a contract negotiation issue.

And I'm saying, it MIGHT be something else. And I'm delusional..  Great. I get it.

I understand some people have trouble with uncertainty. 

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

Ah gotcha. Because you can't think of any other reason he may not have attended OTAs other than a contract negotiation issue it MUST be a contract negotiation issue.

And I'm saying, it MIGHT be something else. And I'm delusional..  Great. I get it.

Lamar Jackson, who is set to play on his 5th year option, chooses not to attend voluntary OTAs.

Everyone’s reaction but you: It’s almost certainly a negotiation tactic for that nine figure contract he’s trying to work out with the Ravens. 

Your take:  It’s not that, it’s for some other reason I can’t think of.  And he’s not in contract negotiations with the Ravens.

I have given this argument far more time than it deserves.  I’ll leave it there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, The Dean said:

Why would he skip OTA's when he's been there the last four off-seasons if it wasn't for a new contract?  It's possible but highly unlikely it was for other reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Why would he skip OTA's when he's been there the last four off-seasons if it wasn't for a new contract?  It's possible but highly unlikely it was for other reasons.

my speculation was he was still rehabbing the ankle/foot and didn’t want to be seen less than 100%.  He literally was no where to be seen for months.  

On 6/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, wjag said:

my speculation was he was still rehabbing the ankle/foot and didn’t want to be seen less than 100%.  He literally was no where to be seen for months.  

CSR for Progressive requires both online and in classroom training.  He might even take over the Progressive vacancy in Millinocket, Maine! 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.