Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints

YoloinOhio

He just picked the two worst situations... two teams with negligent cap management,  no weapons (falcons at least not saints),  and soon to be no draft picks. 

Carolina is the prime spot for him... but then against I have no idea was the spa scene is like there.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

He just picked the two worst situations... two teams with negligent cap management,  no weapons,  and soon to be no draft picks. 

Carolina is the prime spot for him... but then against I have no idea was the spa scene is like there.

Yep, clear evidence that Watson’s really not concerned about winning at this point.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The narrative yesterday from his side is that he didn’t want to stay with the Browns regardless of what happened with Watson. They could throw some money at him I guess and see if that helps. 

If he stays, it has to be uncomfortable for everyone.  But the Browns will Browns.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This is GREAT news. I genuinely feel bad for Browns fans. THey thought they finally turned the corner and now they are just a mess

They're back to consecutive seasons without playoffs.  The Factory of Sadness is sooooo strong.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep, clear evidence that Watson’s really not concerned about winning at this point.

the Saints have kamara and Thomas, a solid defense and were one drive away from the playoffs with one of the more horrific situations I’ve seen between injuries/covid. They were close with 3rd and 4th string qb play.

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the Saints have kamara and Thomas, a solid defense and were one drive away from the playoffs with one of the more horrific situations I’ve seen between injuries/covid. They were close with 3rd and 4th string qb play.

Well, the Saints are clearly better than Atlanta—simply by virtue of the fact that they have a defense—but they’re not going to be in good shape after what they’re going to have to give up to land Watson. And I really don’t think anyone’s going to be worried about Thomas at this stage…Atlanta was in playoff contention too, until they lost to the Bills in week 17.  They were both in a horrible division and played extremely weak schedules.

Edited by mannc

Absolutely Zero rush for Watson to “win” whichever team he selects.

This move is not a win in 2022 move.

Watson is 27 this season.

In 3 seasons from now (which is a lifetime in the NFL)

Watson will be 29…Brady and Rodgers will be long gone and which ever team he selects will be the cream of the crop in the NFC SOUTH if not NFC.

Long Range Thinking.