Deshaun Watson trade down to 2 teams - Falcons & Saints

YoloinOhio

He should go the Falcons, play with Kyle Pitts, go back to Georgia where the fans will probably be most liekely to accept him. 

At the same time, the Panthers owner has been obsessed with him for a couple of years now, so he knows he is truly wanted there. 

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Please go to NFC.

I'm thinking I'm good with him in Cleveland and Baker in Houston.

The NFC North and West will eat each other.  You go 3-3 in division and you're looking at a 6-7 loss season.  

Haven't seen Watson play in weather like ever - I can't think of one game.  Dome in Houston, Indy, at Jacksonville, Tennessee usually nice.  

Just didn't want Watson in Miami.   

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

From Watson’s perspective, why choose to stay in a stacked AFC?

Why not go to the NFC, where the only good QBs are 45 and nearly 40 years old?

Go own the NFC for 15 years instead of street fighting in the loaded AFC every year. That’s what I’d be thinking, anyway.

I live in Houston, do you really think Watson wants to go play in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland outdoors in the cold and snow every year. He’s been comfy in the air-conditioned Retractable Roof Stadium here

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Panthers is my bet.  None of them have multiple 1sts so they win by having the highest 1st rounder of the other teams, it's the NFC, warm weather and cap room to fit him.

Apparently all the potential trade deals have already been agreed to by the Texans and now it's up to Watson to pick which of the four teams he wants to go to.  Simple as that.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Apparently all the potential trade deals have already been agreed to by the Texans and now it's up to Watson to pick which of the four teams he wants to go to.  Simple as that.

Did they have to take a number?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Calling it now:  He’s gonna go to the Falcons.  Allen Robinson and Will Fuller are going to join him there.  

Deal will be done tomorrow or Thursday.  

At this point,  that's what I'm hoping for.  Then get Matt Ryan to Cleveland for a couple years while grooming a young QB. Watson scares me with the baggage and potential suspension.  And hopefully deal Mayfield to Seattle since they alienated him. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Calling it now:  He’s gonna go to the Falcons.  Allen Robinson and Will Fuller are going to join him there.  

Did his best friend show you texts? if not I don't believe you.

• Haha (+1) 3

This is actually pretty awesome.  He’s obviously not choosing Cleveland, which means NFC.  Don’t see him going to the Saints now that Sean Payton is gone.  It’s Panthers or Falcons.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

they just restructured Matt Ryan creating 55M in dead money to move on this off-season. 

to get a 10+ year starter is still worth trying to maneuver that but it would be nearly impossible even in our very flexible age of cap manipulation 

it’d be 90M to have to shift around in dead money from Ryan and salary for Watson. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Agree 1