Cody Ford revival under Kromer?

uticaclub

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Any chance Kromer salvages Ford’s career, and he turns into a starting RG?

I think Bates has earned the right to start, but I also think McDermott likes him being available to play all 5 OL positions

No,  Cody has been a bust and not surprised to see him get cut in preseason.  Every time I see Cody I think of Metcalf and Brown,  two elite WR'S we could have drafted over this bust

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

I was surprised Ford’s RAS was so poor given the initial idea was to have him at RT. Whether Kromer can resuscitate his career or not, it’s mostly up to Ford. I hope dude comes into camp in the best shape of his life at a svelte 320lbs.

12 minutes ago, junior said:

Ford's RAS. I know some have said that Kromer likes smaller, more athletic linemen. Not sure how that aligns with Ford's attributes. 

Maybe someone more familiar with OL play can shed some light here.

I remember reading draft report of scouts saying he was weak and did not move great. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him making to the start of this coming season

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I think Bates has earned the right to start, but I also think McDermott likes him being available to play all 5 OL positions

I have more faith in AJ Epinesa than Ford - that’s not a good thing

Honestly it doesn’t matter. It is a sunk cost and he is a free agent at the end of this season. He has regressed every year and if he has a good year, you would just have to pay him. So I prefer to put chips in on Bates, who is just a couple of months older than Ford. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I thought it the second we signed Kromer. It’s a shot. A small one I think but definitely a shot.

I expect another Kromer FA addition…maybe not a starter but a good backup at least.

I think we’re going to draft one too…

Knock on wood, with any luck we’ll have a top five OL this year!

Hopefully less contact for Josh, more for our RBs and receivers…

This is such an exciting time of year. The Bills roster is going to change quite a bit more this FA…

Star gone maybe… So, the DT room greatly changed….Hopefully we really feel strong about the team after FA and feel like it’s going to be one or another position drafted (2). Maybe WR and CB?

That is, if we get Chandler. Keep Star or sign another DT….

We do both of those things and the DL is set.

Another Kromer special and a third rounder ought to finish the OL mostly.

That leaves WRs and CBs at one and two, baby! Although I always thought it an easy path to go FA at WR as they’ll line up at the door for a chance at a one year deal with Josh….

So if we go FAs at WR that’s fine and perhaps go DL instead. 
The point is can Beane cut down the holes a lot before the draft?

Lets watch….

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Kromer’s an excellent OL coach.

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I'm hoping.

He'll have an awful lot to prove, but I suppose it could happen. I'm not expecting anything, though.

Well there is zero reason not to bring him to camp and let him try.  In the end I don't think he will make the team.  He has been injured in each of the last two years so maybe if he can stay healthy he can play at an acceptable level to start or at least be the primary interior back-up.  In that second scenario a rookie draft pick or Bates starts at G and Bates or the rookie is the back-up C.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.