Cody Ford revival under Kromer?

uticaclub

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Any chance Kromer salvages Ford’s career, and he turns into a starting RG?

I think Bates has earned the right to start, but I also think McDermott likes him being available to play all 5 OL positions

If Kromer can raise Cody Ford from the dead he will become more famous than Jesus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Could happen, he's on a cheap rookie contract so I'm sure they're going to try.

He's actually got a cap hit of $2.4M this year, I'm not saying that's exorbitant but it's the last year of his rookie deal, if Kromer makes something of him it'll be just in time to see him want to get paid.

• Agree 2

I'm starting to worry about Ford even being one the backup OGs, which he will be if we don't add 2 more IOLs from FA/draft. I don't see anything changing with him, regardless of who coaches him.

• Agree 1

Ford is stiff, slow, and doesn't move well at all.  He is constantly exposed by quickness and, unfortunately, he is just not a good enough athlete to keep up.  So, he can be taught all the techniques in the world, but slow feet and reaction time will always hold him back.  Never liked the pick in the first place and he's never shown anything to any of us to get some hope at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.