Could the 2022 Bills be the best Offense in NFL History?

FFadpecr

Best offense in league history? I dunno. Is it the first time in the Sean McDermott era that we have a good idea what the starting o-line is going to look like going into a season. (If everyone expected to start is healthy). I believe it might be. That in itself opens the door for unbridled optimism. Thankfully championships are won on the field and not on paper. The season can't start soon enough for me. But Beane still has some work to do.

3 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

How is any defense stopping this offense when healthy? It's impossible. 

QB - Josh Allen
RB - Devin Singletary; JD McKissic in passing/hurry-up situations
TE - Dawson Knox
WR - Stefon Diggs, Gabe Davis, Cole Beasley, Isaiah McKenzie
LT - Dion Dawkins
LG - Rodger Saffold
C - Mitch Morse
RG - Ryan Bates
RT - Spencer Brown

Your entire defense has to be completely spread out to cover the entire width and length of the field due to Allen's arm. That naturally creates open passing windows all over the field, and light boxes to run against. Now, you have a much more efficient running game against those light 6-man boxes with elite run-blocker Saffold mashing on the interior. The one thing the Bills lacked in the Allen Era was an elite run-blocker on the interior. Now defenses will really be kept honest - finally. They can no longer just sell out to stop Allen and not worry about the RBs.

Allen just got 2 additions he's never had in his entire life before: 1) a Pro-Bowl caliber Guard who can run-block and 2) a RB who is a dynamic weapon in the passing game. Allen himself will improve his game this offseason for Year 5. 

Bills draft an electric speed WR with the 25th overall pick (Jameson Williams?) and they're scoring a TD darn near every drive.

This offense could set a record for 1) fewest punts over a season in NFL history and 2) most PPG ever scored in a season (current record is 37.9 PPG by the 2013 Broncos)

Meanwhile, inside the division, Belichick just lost RG Shaq Mason and CB JC Jackson - his most consistent offensive player and his most consistent defensive player. Jets and Dolphins are an easy 4 wins in the division.

This team might go 17-0 and break the scoring record averaging 38 PPG.

My man you way way ahead of yourself it sounds good but let's play the game first 

I dont want to jinx anything but I think this 2022 team could very well set the record for fewest second quarter penalty yards in home games (excluding playoffs).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

QB - Josh Allen
TE - Dawson Knox
LT - Dion Dawkins
LG - Rodger Saffold
C - Mitch Morse
RG - Ryan Bates
RT - Spencer Brown

Your entire defense has to be completely spread out to cover the entire width and length of the field due to Allen's arm. That naturally creates open passing windows all over the field, and light boxes to run against. Now, you have a much more efficient running game against those light 6-man boxes with elite run-blocker Saffold mashing on the interior. The one thing the Bills lacked in the Allen Era was an elite run-blocker on the interior. Now defenses will really be kept honest - finally. They can no longer just sell out to stop Allen and not worry about the RBs.

Allen just got 2 additions he's never had in his entire life before: 1) a Pro-Bowl caliber Guard who can run-block and 2) a RB who is a dynamic weapon in the passing game. Allen himself will improve his game this offseason for Year 5. 

Bills draft an electric speed WR with the 25th overall pick (Jameson Williams?) and they're scoring a TD darn near every drive.

This offense could set a record for 1) fewest punts over a season in NFL history and 2) most PPG ever scored in a season (current record is 37.9 PPG by the 2013 Broncos)

Meanwhile, inside the division, Belichick just lost RG Shaq Mason and CB JC Jackson - his most consistent offensive player and his most consistent defensive player. Jets and Dolphins are an easy 4 wins in the division.

I think we saw the best O of all time during very large stretches in 2020 -2022. 2021-22 playoffs for sure. We’ll need a FA WR or a great rookie (first or second round) to give us enough depth…. I think they go FA because so many WRs would want a one year deal with Josh….

You know, what also helps create a great O is a great D…..(but you’re right our O is awesome!)

Go Bills!

7 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Could the 2022 Bills be the best Offense in NFL History?

No reason to think so. Anything's possible, but things like that are very very improbable.

7 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Dude, please.

They do look to be very good.

Weather is too much of a factor for it to happen.

We proved in the Pats playoff game that even extreme cold is but a minor inconvenience to our offense, but the high wind/rain/snow games really slow us down. We're bound to get at least 1-2 of those type of games.

What you listed is basically the same offense as last year, an offense that did not get anywhere close to being the best offense of all time. So what changes to allow that to happen?

14 hours ago, Dopey said:

It might not even be the best in Bills history. 

Kelly HOF

Reed HOF

Lofton HOF

Thurman HOF

K. Davis

Metzelaars

Hull 

Ritcher

Ballard 

If this team played in today's era...

I'm stopping here to ask: how old/young are you?

Agree, those dude were serious ballers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

QB - Josh Allen
TE - Dawson Knox
LT - Dion Dawkins
LG - Rodger Saffold
C - Mitch Morse
RG - Ryan Bates
RT - Spencer Brown

Not sure about this.  Let me go check to see if Jacksonville is on the schedule real quick!?!?!

Davis would have to turn into an elite X for that to happen, while the run blocking would have to be massively improved from last year. Not impossible but not likely at all 

15 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

This is difficult to respond to because of your "best ever" question. Its impossible to compare teams from different NFL eras so perhaps the more interesting discussion would be to define a shorter period in NFL history. For fairness, I would say the last 10 years would be good. 

With that definition, I still dont think this is a hard "yes" with the offense as it stands today. We still need one each of: WR, TE and OL to make this highly probable.  

On 3/15/2022 at 8:48 PM, dawolv said:

Who is backing up JA should he miss a game or two? 

Guess we have our answer and will be converting more of the Dawg pound into Bills fans.  Welcome to Buffalo CK!  

good chance 3 players you listed are not here 2 are already gone.   still work to do...both sides of the ball..   I'm feeling a little uneasy about not having one more good WR.  we're down two good players at that position since last year, would like better depth.   Is Gabe going to be able to pull off another KC game without the likes of sanders and Beasley ( doubtful IMHO) 

Offense

still need O-line help, WR, RB

Defense

CB, could still use a DE. and a LB

Punter