Zay Jones to Jags for 3 years up to $30M with $24M base

Alphadawg7

44 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Zay looked like an average receiver with the Raiders. That’s a huge accomplishment considering his time in Buffalo. I wish him nothing but the best, but it’s frustrating he didn’t seem to take being a pro seriously in Buffalo. There’d definitely be a place for him with Josh. I wouldn’t ever sign the guy, but it’s a shame he couldn’t get it together here. 

Just keep him away from tall buildings with large glass windows, and maybe he will be decent..

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Is this the one and only Zay ( short arms ) Jones. 

Yes It Is

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He is a better WR than he was when he was with Buffalo. But that is stupid money.

Agreed

34 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I made such a dick comment to him when I ran into him in Raleigh after a Sabres game. We ended up having a few drinks and he was a real nice kid.  Good for him

What did you say?

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Jags seem like they are going to put themselves in salary cap hell.  

The only thing I can think of is that these deals are likely structured to allow them out in 2 years. In the next 2 years, they have one mission... make sure Lawrence becomes a franchise level QB. If that doesn't happen, pretty much anything else doesn't matter. If he succeeds, they can sh*tcan these deals and give him an extension and set themselves to compete for several years. 

If he doesn't become a FQB then it doesn't matter and it's someone else's problem. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

When he got professional coaching, a wake up call after being traded to the Raiders with a "real QB" andstill only  racking up 14.7 ypg  which he did not when Bills signed his WR coach from Eastern Carolina, he actually got better.

FIFY

This has me totally shaking my head.  I mean, the BEST year this guy has had is 56 receptions for 652 yds...and that was his 2nd year in the league, with rookie Josh Allen throwing to him.  Second best, 47 receptions for 546 yds.

Those are career journeyman numbers, not $8M/yr numbers

By the way, by every WR metric EXCEPT CATCH % and DROP %, his best year was 2019 with the Bills.   That's right...TD, 1D, YPG, R/G, all better with Josh "rookie" Allen than the "real QB" his dad wanted for him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes It Is

Agreed

What did you say?

So we had been drinking all day for the Sabres game. Go out after and my buddy is wearing a Sabres hat and zay noticed so went up to him. My buddy didn’t recognize him and yells over to me and goes this guy says he plays for the bills do you know him? I’m like yea you’re the guy who fought Jesus!  He sort of laughed and was like man don’t kick me while I’m down.  At least he didn’t hit me. I bought him and his buddies a couple rounds and we hung out. Real nice kid and his friends were too. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The only thing I can think of is that these deals are likely structured to allow them out in 2 years. In the next 2 years, they have one mission... make sure Lawrence becomes a franchise level QB. If that doesn't happen, pretty much anything else doesn't matter. If he succeeds, they can sh*tcan these deals and give him an extension and set themselves to compete for several years. 

If he doesn't become a FQB then it doesn't matter and it's someone else's problem. 

Well, I get it, but if you want a guy to become a franchise QB, is Zay Jones really The Way?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.