Zay Jones to Jags for 3 years up to $30M with $24M base

Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm really happy for Zay - and he has really emerged as a solid receiver. This is an overpay, but that's what FA is about.

Yeah good for him for putting in the work to get paid in FA like this...happy for him, but as a fan of football I am stunned by how much he got the Jags to pay him. 

Then again, given how much they over paid Kirk, its not that much of a shock to see the Jags do this.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Zay looked like an average receiver with the Raiders. That’s a huge accomplishment considering his time in Buffalo. I wish him nothing but the best, but it’s frustrating he didn’t seem to take being a pro seriously in Buffalo. There’d definitely be a place for him with Josh. I wouldn’t ever sign the guy, but it’s a shame he couldn’t get it together here. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I this were 2017 it would read "Not gonna lie, a Bills receiving corps of Andre Holmes, Zay Jones, Benjamin, Matthews, Thompson, and Clay still feels like it’s in the bottom of the history of the AFC"

12 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Is this the one and only Zay ( short arms ) Jones. 

When he got professional coaching, which he did not when Bills signed his WR coach from Eastern Carolina, he actually got better.

Not THAT much better IMO which means he has a lot of upside, right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.