Levi Wallace gone to the Steelers on 2-year deal

Roundybout

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

From where I stand, this FA period seems to be setting up for RD1 CB & RD2 WR

Fwiw, there’s a decent chance that aligns pretty closely with BPA.  

However, if a guy slips, we seem to be boxing ourselves in to needing an early CB and WR.   (Which I’m fine with)

Only thing that could definitely throw a wrench into this would be a Danielle Hunter trade, as that’s likely sending our Pick 25 to Minnesota. 

Yeah they are plugging some holes in FA for sure and it appears CB and WR will be areas of focus early...luckily those positions are relatively deep in the draft.

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Farewell Levi Wallace, and we thank you.  Not sure what McBeane is thinking letting Levi walk for only 4m/yr.  Surprised he didn't get more in FA.

Jmo-  it’s not the 4M.  It’s the fact that we have tre, Taron, dane and Neal under contract.  We usually carry one more corner and I think he wanted to upgrade from Levi.  I think they’ll use a rd 1-3 pick on a corner that has better wheels.  We have all 5.59 corners. We really should add one corner that can turn and run with the best. I believe that Levi’s lack of speed impacted our defensive play calls through this time with us, especially in crunch time.  They were so afraid he’d get beat deep.  

or maybe I have no clue, but that’s just my belief 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Obviously they had no intention of keeping him unless it was for league minimum. How they let him walk for that contract is confusing. They really must of insulted him during negotiations if they made an offer at all. I wasn't his biggest supporter but would have gladly paid that for a scheme familiar team player.

Good luck Levi. 

I think it stems from last year's contract.  They let him test the market, then signed him for $1.5ish mil.  He made a comment toward the end of last season that made me think he felt disrespected; so unless the Bills were going to pony up some serious money, I think he definitely planned to move on.

15 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

In that order too, then interior lineman in 3rd, ideally one that could play guard or center.

IMO RB and CB are the two position rookies can come in and play well their first year so would be fine with CB in the 1st.  Supposedly a deep draft for WR likely still get talent in 2nd round.

I can see it playing out like that. And out of our combine meetings, it looks like Cameron Jurgens from Nebraska would meet the G/C criteria and be available in the 3rd (or possibly even later).

7 hours ago, QB Bills said:

What is this madness? Levi was mostly terrible in his time here. Guy cannot cover, which is kind of an important skill for a cornerback. Glad I don't have to watch him get beat for another 3rd down conversion again. Good riddance.

You should get a bigger tv, Levi played well often.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

(agree with you about Levi though)

Should have read like this, the first part doesn’t make any sense, haven’t been in PPP for years. 

Guess Beane’s in love w some corner in the draft.  

8 mil seems like nothing, Zay just got 26 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Coming into this offseason I was expecting to lose Wallace in FA. However, I thought he'd sign for a much bigger contract than 2 years 4 mil per. 

I have mixed feelings on this. Even though Wallace as CB2 was underwhelming he wasn't a bad player by any means. If we can upgrade CB2 via draft or FA bringing Wallace back at 2 years 4 mil per would have been a great depth signing.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Damn!  We should have kept him at that price, wow.  

Huge CB hole now with Tre coming off injury.  Hope we sign someone competent and don’t just bank solely on rookies.  

Agreed but I wouldn't bet on it. We will almost certainly buy another ticket to the first round defensive back merry go-round. 

That said, I am still hoping for OL and WR from this draft. I mean, Josh Allen is our qb. It might be a good idea to protect him and provide him with weapons. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am more disappointed about this than I am about JD McKissic changing his mind.

I am too lazy to read the 12 pages of this thread.

Did the Bills try to re-sign him?

Did he want to leave?

It seems like he signed for a reasonable amount.

On WGR yesterday, I heard the end of a discussion that seemed to suggest that he may have been a source for Ty Dunne's article. I heard the very end so I am not sure what the whole conversation was regarding that.

Edited by Peter

I like Levi but man his lack of athleticism is a real weakness vs playoff caliber teams.  

I thought Dane Jackson filled in admirably and has enough potential to be a solid piece.  With Tre coming back I think Dane is fine as long as we get some competition for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Contract details are out.  His 2022 cap hit is 2.5 mil.  

Clearly, Buffalo just didn’t want him back.  I think that’s absolutely crazy because he more than held his own.  

But, in Beane I trust 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Contract details are out.  His 2022 cap hit is 2.5 mil.  

Clearly, Buffalo just didn’t want him back.  I think that’s absolutely crazy because he more than held his own.  

But, in Beane I trust 

I wonder if they decided he has hit his ceiling as a player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.