Levi Wallace gone to the Steelers on 2-year deal

Roundybout

gl Levi,  u werent as terrible as some here made u out 2 be.    sure hope theres a plan to replace him.   Levi had a tough job as the opposite CB to Tre,  he got alot of work thrown at him just because nobody really wanted to throw at Tre.   Levi was a flag magnet,  some his fault,  most not.   alot of phantom calls against him.   he was a fine #2 for us.

• Agree 1

GOOD

This clearly shows that the FO did not truly want to retain Levi or Harry.  

Levi and Harry are great guys and were decent players for us. 

That’s it.. decent.  

Time to move on and get better.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Plan B is to sign another Cornerback who's better or to draft one in the first or second round. 

Agreed.  I am amazed at the love for a guy who looks like he runs in mud.  He hasn't sucked.  But any decent quick receiver has his way w Levi.

I thought Dane Jackson played well when White went down. That late 1st round draft spot is typically a great place to find a plug and play CB at a great value and with more speed than Wallace has. 

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

gl Levi,  u werent as terrible as some here made u out 2 be.    sure hope theres a plan to replace him.   Levi had a tough job as the opposite CB to Tre,  he got alot of work thrown at him just because nobody really wanted to throw at Tre.   Levi was a flag magnet,  some his fault,  most not.   alot of phantom calls against him.   he was a fine #2 for us.

With no upside, and a low ceiling.  You want to win championships, we need a more athletic CB then Levi Wallace.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wow that is really low money. Bills must have been ready to move on no matter the cost.

At this point not much in comp pick compensation for Wallace or Trubisky.

CB in first round is a near certainty now.

Per Spotrac 2 years $4m per season for Wallace (2 years $7.1m per season for Trubisky)

Obviously they had no intention of keeping him unless it was for league minimum. How they let him walk for that contract is confusing. They really must of insulted him during negotiations if they made an offer at all. I wasn't his biggest supporter but would have gladly paid that for a scheme familiar team player.

Good luck Levi. 

That is right where I thought he'd be..........never bought the $8M aav talk........he's not that kind of athlete.

I was hoping for Sidney Jones......a better athlete with more risk but more upside............ but he signed back with Seattle for 1 year $3.6M.

Going back to Levi would have been the safe choice.........I think if it had been 1 year $4M they might have...........but they probably like Dane Jacksons' potential more and if Tre comes back their top 3 CB positions are manned.

Then in the likely event that another higher RAS type CB lands with them in the draft then it's not inconceivable that Levi could have been a spare part.

I expect they will still add a veteran but probably just a 1 year deal.

CB and S are the two positions I trust them to develop.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.