Levi Wallace gone to the Steelers on 2-year deal

Roundybout

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

They let him walk for $8M?  I hope they have a good plan B.

That is a good price for him.  My guess would be the Bills think they can improve the talent at the position for the same or more money.  The value of the contract is good.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Saint Doug said:

Round 1. The best bang for your buck for a starting CB. 

I dont like being pigeon-holed into having to pick for a specific position in Round 1, and I dont think Beane does either. Although maybe they think/know/realize that the best value at #25 will likely be a CB anyways.

He was the weak link of this defense the last few years- and his mediocrity played an impactful role in two playoff defeats at KC. Pedestrian corner play combined with an impotent pass rush is an impending disaster in the making when you face an offense like the Chiefs. Wish him the best, but I'm glad he's gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My hopes of a first round WR just took a major hit.

For the Bills not to match the contract Wallace signed, they must feel confident they can upgrade at CB, and/or they must really like Dane Jackson.

I expect a free agent signing or two at CB. No way Beane walks into draft night with this crying a need at CB.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

My hopes of a first round WR just took a major hit.

For the Bills not to match the contract Wallace signed, they must feel confident they can upgrade at CB, and/or they must really like Dane Jackson.

I expect a free agent signing or two at CB. No way Beane walks into draft night with this crying a need at CB.

Dane filled in fine for Tre and likely one of the reasons Levi wasn't signed here at this contract.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.