Bills wanted to trade for McCaffrey, Panthers didn't want to move him, per Adam Caplan

Logic

17 minutes ago, buffblue said:

He's useless at this point. The man cannot stay on the field because Carolina broke him down.

I agree with those who thought we should have made an attempt at Barkley. While he is also injury prone, he doesn't have a huge contract and there's a lot of tread on the tires still. I would've considered offering a 4th, possibly a 3rd.

Yes he’s completely useless. I’ll bet the Panthers will just flat out cut him. And then nobody will pick him up because he has absolutely no value whatsoever. Maybe he can catch on with the flag football league or something 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's funny to me how many people are saying that a guy who sustained injuries two years in a row -- at a position where injuries frequently occur, no less -- is broken down, washed up, etc.

If you feel like he's injury prone, fine. If you feel like he's overpaid, fine. But "broken down"? "Finished"? I think that's a bunch of nonsense. He's 25 years old and there are no indications that any of the injuries he has suffered are likely to be in any way career threatening. The exaggeration of his demise by some on this forum is comical.

He had over 700 touches in two years and then started getting hurt...........he had over 700 more in college..............and he's built like a slot receiver whose game is built on speed not a 220-230# RB.

Maybe he's not washed up or broken down but injuries and declining production tend to happen and stay that way after huge seasonal workloads like 2019 McCaffrey.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Nope, I'd be all over bringing him to Buffalo. You have to remember, he wouldn't be a workhorse here. We would give him heavy usage but nothing like he sees in Carolina. He's the best RB in the league when completely healthy. I trust Beane, if he thought it would have worked, I do to

What another amazing facet to the Buffalo offense he would be...along with one more weapon that opposing DCs would need to account for...

My problem with him is the money.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, MJS said:

What's wrong with the signing? Please explain why you are smarter than Beane and also every single other NFL analyst who says this is a good signing for the Bills?

It seems that people who think this is a terrible signing are under the impression that the Bills intend to use McKissic as their #1 running back...forgetting that their preference has always been to have two guys that they could use interchangeably...they tried that for 2 years, before pretty much giving up on Moss late last season... McKissic is just taking over the roll that Moss was supposed to play, but he just happens to be an exceptional receiver out of the backfield, with some speed.  And, he is coming pretty cheap. I think people are looking at his career rushing stats, thinking that he must be terrible, because he only has 950 yards in 7 years...ignoring what he did as a receiver, and the fact that he barely played his first four seasons.  

Personally, I think this is a really great signing.  

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Thank you for saying No Carolina.  If I expect to believe this and not someone just connecting dots that are not there because of McKissic

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, H2o said:

An often injured RB who has been ridden like a Brokeback mule since his college days at Stanford, and carries one of the highest price tags at the position, was our Plan A? Not buying it either. 

Sounds like my ex gf

11 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Yes he’s completely useless. I’ll bet the Panthers will just flat out cut him. And then nobody will pick him up because he has absolutely no value whatsoever. Maybe he can catch on with the flag football league or something 

Don't take it from me, take it from Panthers fans. I don't root for them but I live in Charlotte, and by and large the fan base here has lost hope in his ability to stay healthy.

And with good reason. The dude is like Marquise Goodwin now - you breathe on him and he gets injured

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

I find the people who say "I really doubt this is true" to be quite interesting.

Are you saying that because you don't WANT it to be true?

Rumors from MULTIPLE sources last year said the Bills were very interested in drafting Travis Etienne. We know that coach McDermott likes to have a productive running game, because he has said so directly. This offseason, we know for sure that the Bills prioritized adding a talented receiving back, because they just signed one on the second day of the tampering period. We know that the Carolina-to-Buffalo pipeline is a real thing, because we've seen multiple instances of it.

Knowing everything I just listed above, why is it so hard to believe that Beane would pursue this trade? I get that McCaffrey is oft injured and gets paid a ton, but is it so hard to believe that Beane would think that a 25 year old offensive weapon like McCaffrey, with 2,000-yards-from-scrimmage potential every year, would be the piece that puts the Bills offense over the top?

It seems like very realistic possibility to me that the Bills would have done this trade at the right price.

I think it’s very believable that they would look into it. That is what they are paid to do. I’m also not at all surprised that they were not willing to pay the  price Carolina wanted. He’s not a franchise QB, so he can be dealt, for the right price. The injuries and the salary are probably the reasons we were limited in what we would offer, and that just wasn’t enough.  Makes sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.