Bills wanted to trade for McCaffrey, Panthers didn't want to move him, per Adam Caplan

Logic

16 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

The only thing that explains McKissic is Brandon Bean hanging out with Jim Beam and drunk dialing deals. Brutal signing. 

you are crazy this is a great signing. read the wash fan boards they are pissed they lost him

• Sad 1

I find the people who say "I really doubt this is true" to be quite interesting.

Are you saying that because you don't WANT it to be true?

Rumors from MULTIPLE sources last year said the Bills were very interested in drafting Travis Etienne. We know that coach McDermott likes to have a productive running game, because he has said so directly. This offseason, we know for sure that the Bills prioritized adding a talented receiving back, because they just signed one on the second day of the tampering period. We know that the Carolina-to-Buffalo pipeline is a real thing, because we've seen multiple instances of it.

Knowing everything I just listed above, why is it so hard to believe that Beane would pursue this trade? I get that McCaffrey is oft injured and gets paid a ton, but is it so hard to believe that Beane would think that a 25 year old offensive weapon like McCaffrey, with 2,000-yards-from-scrimmage potential every year, would be the piece that puts the Bills offense over the top?

It seems like very realistic possibility to me that the Bills would have done this trade at the right price.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, since79 said:

Seems like Bills are on Plan A, if no Move to Plan B.

Saffold Yes/No- Yes Release Williams.

Harry Yes/No-  No sign D. Jones.  Or Jones Yes/No- Yes tell Harry moving on he signs with Minny.

McCaffery Trade Yes/ No- No sign McKissic

Possibility

Chandler Jones Yes/No-  No resign Hughes or Addison.  They may be waiting on us or Jones.

If they don’t get Jones they will likely pivot to Clowney or Von Miller IMO. They can’t sell bringing back Hughes and Addison to the fans. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why is everyone so against McCaffery?

He's useless at this point. The man cannot stay on the field because Carolina broke him down.

I agree with those who thought we should have made an attempt at Barkley. While he is also injury prone, he doesn't have a huge contract and there's a lot of tread on the tires still. I would've considered offering a 4th, possibly a 3rd.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Just now, buffblue said:

He's useless at this point. The man cannot stay on the field because Carolina broke him down.

I agree with those who thought we should have made an attempt at Barkley. While he is also injury prone, he doesn't have a huge contract and there's a lot of tread on the tires still. I would've considered offering a 4th, possibly a 3rd.

I guarantee you, he's not broken down. And I will eat my words if proven otherwise. I don't care about the contract. People seem to forget that contracts can be restructured. If Beane thought it could work and could have gotten him for something like a 3rd and 7th then who cares. I actually Barkley is more done

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It's funny to me how many people are saying that a guy who sustained injuries two years in a row -- at a position where injuries frequently occur, no less -- is broken down, washed up, etc.

If you feel like he's injury prone, fine. If you feel like he's overpaid, fine. But "broken down"? "Finished"? I think that's a bunch of nonsense. He's 25 years old and there are no indications that any of the injuries he has suffered are likely to be in any way career threatening. The exaggeration of his demise by some on this forum is comical.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I guarantee you, he's not broken down. And I will eat my words if proven otherwise. I don't care about the contract. People seem to forget that contracts can be restructured. If Beane thought it could work and could have gotten him for something like a 3rd and 7th then who cares. I actually Barkley is more done

He was never a workhorse player at Stanford and was not projected to be in the pros, but the Panthers gave him almost 1000 touches his first 3 years. Now he's played a total of 10 games the last 2 years. 

I would stay far away from him, even if his contract wasn't so egregious.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

He was never a workhorse player at Stanford and was not projected to be in the pros, but the Panthers gave him almost 1000 touches his first 3 years. Now he's played a total of 10 games the last 2 years. 

I would stay far away from him, even if his contract wasn't so egregious.

Nope, I'd be all over bringing him to Buffalo. You have to remember, he wouldn't be a workhorse here. We would give him heavy usage but nothing like he sees in Carolina. He's the best RB in the league when completely healthy. I trust Beane, if he thought it would have worked, I do to

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.