JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Some folks wonder why we're signing another average RB when we have enough average RBs of our own.

But like some others, I see this differently.  We're adding an underneath threat to a team that needs an underneath threat.  Defenses like to go into a shell against us.  We need to be able to nickel-and-dime teams when the deeper stuff is well-covered by 5/6 DBs.

JD's is another weapon in the arsenal that we can pull out to add stress to the opposing defense.  But please note that when I call JD a "weapon," I'm not talking big artillery like a Thurman Thomas.  He's a small caliber weapon - but still very useful in the certain situations.  

Very well said. It's been so long since the Bills had a quality underneath check down player. Indeed, he makes the offense better for all the reasons you've stated. 

12 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

While I hope the bills still try to draft a late round RB with lightning speed, I think alot of the posters on here that are against this signing are missing just how important a pass catching RB that can also pass block is. That dual ability is extremely helpful to a QB and a first time offensive coordinator.

He's not the big name home run hitter we all would like but there's a solid chance he helps josh adjust at the line in pass protection.

And to those saying he's brieda 2.0, josh and the bills had absolutely no trust in brieda for pass blocking, or even knowing the playbook.

I stand corrected from my earlier post. I thought he was more of a " home run" type of back. 

dang, I was legit excited to add him. 

We need to add another speed piece to this offense

Just now, JimBob2232 said:

He changed his mind??? You can do that?  Wow. Strange. Wonder if there is something else we’re doing. 

Yep, this was the tampering portion of FA. Actual free agency doesn't start for like 2.5 hours

11 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

He changed his mind??? You can do that?  Wow. Strange. Wonder if there is something else we’re doing. 

Yeah, deals were only verbal, couldn't actually sign yet.  Its who Gregory changed his mind and went to Denver too.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  We lost mckissic.  Going back to Washington.  Sucks for him

Yeah, from a winning perspective this is stupid.  But hey man, if a dudes heart is into a city, I get it.  Maybe him and his family just didn't want to move or something, and rather stay were they felt home was.  I can't hate on anyone for that.  I mean its clearly his attachment to staying there since the compensation was the same.  

I got no issue with that, now the questions is do we make another move at RB after they allegedly pursued CMC and then signed JD when that wasn't moving forward.  Do they pursue Barkley, Fournette, Patterson?  Draft someone?  I doubt they stand pat, they seem to be ready to move on from Moss at least.  

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

This is a win for us. Beane just got a free pass to make a better move.

Disagree.  He would have been a great fit here.  Not the end all be all to a SB by any means, but this signing was going to be a nice piece to the offense with not only being an excellent receiver out of the backfield, but also good in pass protection.  That is not an easy combo to replicate.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, from a winning perspective this is stupid.  But hey man, if a dudes heart is into a city, I get it.  Maybe him and his family just didn't want to move or something, and rather stay were they felt home was.  I can't hate on anyone for that.  I mean its clearly his attachment to staying there since the compensation was the same.  

I got no issue with that, now the questions is do we make another move at RB after they allegedly pursued CMC and then signed JD when that wasn't moving forward.  Do they pursue Barkley, Fournette, Patterson?  Draft someone?  I doubt they stand pat, they seem to be ready to move on from Moss at least.  

I don’t hate him for it.  I have no issue with it.  While I thought he was a great fit, I thought he overpaid and hope we can get Fournette or one of several other worthy rbs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

I don’t hate him for it.  I have no issue with it.  While I thought he was a great fit, I thought he overpaid and hope we can get Fournette or one of several other worthy rbs.  

For me, Fournette would be an excellent signing.  That being said, I also really like swinging a trade for Barkley as well, only 7.1M against the cap. Low risk, high reward kind of move.  But only if the trade compensation is reasonable too, like say Moss and a mid round pick or something.  

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic