JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Sunday ticket, watch a lot of football and have watched DC for Gibson and NFC East action.... 

Perfect description of his play during his one big year...

There a group of guys here excited about any and every move no matter what it's laughable, this team could sign a **** sandwich right now and you would be excited.  It's embarrassing.

Prepare for disappointment. 

Yeah…sure.  Your schtick is all dried up.  No one here gives a rats *** about your opinion.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

He has not returned a punt as a pro and only 23 in college where he was nothing special.  3 pro teams have decided not to let him even try. 

Might be worth a try on KOs only.  Interesting WFT never let him return these either.  No returns since 2019 and only a career 19 YPR average

Seattle had thoughts of using him for punt returns so he's had work in that area.  I think he'll get a look see here.  

42 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Like I said. I’m not mad about McKissic. I think he is good for this offense and he will improve our attack. But I want to be better than good, I want to be great. 

Good leads to greatness for others. McKissic adds another dimension to an already potenent offense. He will make others on the offense that much better. Solid move by Beane. He's doing his magic within his budget. 

• Agree 1

It seems like a good signing to me.  I had hoped they would sign Cordarelle Patterson as a versatile 3rd down RB,  but McKissic seems like he can fill that role well in his own right.  I can't complain. 

Overall,  I think they've done a good job so far finding solid bargain free agents that they can fit within their limited cap space and in the process, increasing the options they have going into the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm also in this camp. I'd like to believe you can find a guy that can do what McKissic does as a UDFA or on a vet minimum type deal. I have no idea how fast he is, but he looks quite unimpressive in his highlights. He hasn't played in great offenses, but he's also never made an above average impact. I'd rather have 1 star like Jones that can throw a team on his back when it matters most, more than a team full of jobbers that can beat poor teams through depth and fail against superior competition.

We saw it all in the playoffs this year. The Bengals have massive holes and they were able to get tot he show based on performance of their top-end. The Chiefs have also been doing this since before Pat Mahomes got there. The Bills are built a bit too "polite" with a bunch of hard workers that don't possess what it takes to get them where they need to go.

In order for us to win a Super Bowl with the roster as-is, I think we'll have to get pretty lucky. We're good enough to get back to the championship a certain percentage of the time, but teams like the Chiefs, Bucs and Rams have shown what it takes to get the job done, and we're trying to tell them all that they're wrong and we know best. I don't feel great about that.

I understand where you and @GunnerBill are coming from but I disagree. I think you are oversimplifying things and at the same time drawing conclusions from small sample sizes.

Chiefs had Mahomes, Tampa had Brady and Rams were quite a unique project. All those teams were good enough overall and were lucky enough to win it all. I don't think any of them showed any universal recipe. 

If Chiefs have shown us what it takes why has Mahomes only 1 ring in his 4 full seasons so far?

If Tampa has shown us what it takes why didn't they repeat with basically the same team?

If Rams have shown us what it takes why took it McWay 5 years or so to get there? And why they won't repeat it next year?

Do you want us to follow Bengals model with lot of "massive holes" hoping that our top end talent will get hot enough to win it all (which they didn't btw)?

I do think you are not being honest with yourself. Do you believe that our loss to Chiefs was inevitable because they had more "difference makes" or we were "too polite"? I think its nonsense. We went toe to toe with them and lost in brutal fashion mostly because of coaching mistakes. If not for those mistakes, we could be very well celebrating SB with our polite guys and lack of difference makers (and tbh, I guess that Gunner would still keep his theory and claim that Oliver or somebody else was actually 4the difference maker :) )

My point is that there isn't a model or recipe which guarantees success or makes the success significantly more likely. Beane has his style and we were this close to win it all last year.

It takes good roster and luck to win a SB. We have former and didn't have latter so far. But it doesn't mean we have to follow somebody's else model.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I understand where you and @GunnerBill are coming from but I disagree. I think you are oversimplifying things and at the same time drawing conclusions from small sample sizes.

Chiefs had Mahomes, Tampa had Brady and Rams were quite a unique project. All those teams were good enough overall and were lucky enough to win it all. I don't think any of them showed any universal recipe. 

If Chiefs have shown us what it takes why has Mahomes only 1 ring in his 4 full seasons so far?

If Tampa has shown us what it takes why didn't they repeat with basically the same team?

If Rams have shown us what it takes why took it McWay 5 years or so to get there? And why they won't repeat it next year?

Do you want us to follow Bengals model with lot of "massive holes" hoping that our top end talent will get hot enough to win it all (which they didn't btw)?

I do think you are not being honest with yourself. Do you believe that our loss to Chiefs was inevitable because they had more "difference makes" or we were "too polite"? I think its nonsense. We went toe to toe with them and lost in brutal fashion mostly because of coaching mistakes. If not for those mistakes, we could be very well celebrating SB with our polite guys and lack of difference makers (and tbh, I guess that Gunner would still keep his theory and claim that Oliver or somebody else was actually 4the difference maker :) )

My point is that there isn't a model or recipe which guarantees success or makes the success significantly more likely. Beane has his style and we were this close to win it all last year.

It takes good roster and luck to win a SB. We have former and didn't have latter so far. But it doesn't mean we have to follow somebody's else model.

I agree there is no single recipe. But the 4 to 5 true difference maker / elite level guys is pretty constant. 

And had we got over the line with basically 2 (with Tre out) then we'd have been an exception. But we didn't. 

As long as we use him, which I think we will, this could be an excellent addition to the team.  He’s a great blocker and major receiving weapon. 

To me this also signals the end of Moss in Buffalo.  I think he will get traded at some point.  

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

The folks who think we lost the SB because we lost to the Chiefs are making wayyy too many assumptions. It's pretty disrespectful to a Bengals team that beat the Chiefs, who beat us, to think we would have walked all over them. It's even more disrespectful to a Rams team, who beat the Bengals, who beat the Chiefs, who beat us, to say the same.

We weren't  that close to winning the SB this year - at least not in any way that didn't require 2 ghost victories in addition to the Chiefs game.

Our loss to the Chiefs is undoubtedly because we had less difference makers. How could it not be? The game didn't need to come down to a single play. With better players on the defensive side of the ball we could have stopped them any number of times, but we didn't. We didn't have those players, so instead it came down to the smallest of margins. If we played that game 100 times, we definitely win some, but I don't think we're beating them over 50% of the time. They can simply do things we can't, as could the Bengals, as could the Rams.

Now, the Bengals holes were too great for them to overcome, but they still made it a 3 point game with a roster that wasn't anywhere near as complete.

Regarding "why don't the best teams win it every year", see my next post about the Pats dynasty.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabreality said:

Imagine thinking you can project how a rookie RB will do in the NFL.  Every year we see rookies come out of nowhere, while the higher drafted guys struggle to learn the nuances of the NFL and the trust of their coaching staff.  JDM is a proven vet in his role vs a magic bean.  RB's are like young NHL goalies...who the hell knows how they'll develop in the bigs.

Trent Richardson is a great example.