[Name Only Title] Myles Jack?

cage

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

No he didn't.

3 tackles for loss and no sacks.  No pass break ups or INTs.  

Get rid of the name and actually watch the player

I misread a tweet from the cover 1 guys.

And I literally said "I don't watch jags games" lol why would anyone? Was a question about how he racked up his tackles

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

It isn't BS.  Here's a list of tackles for loss last year.  If you want to see Edmunds, get that scrolling finger warmed up ... https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss

But see this is a flawed analysis.  What you hate is how Edmunds is used.  He isn’t used as a penetrating LB, he used almost like a 3rd safety out there.

People want to see these splash plays behind the LOS, but that’s just not how we frequently use him.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Fun fact.  Whaley wanted to draft Myles in the second round but had to settle for Ragland. 

Ragland did get us Hughes. Jack would be a distant memory if we had drafted him then.

• Eyeroll 1

PFF Grades (For those who put some merit in them)

Edmunds

2021: 50.4

2020: 47.9

2019: 60.6

2018: 57.0

Jack

2021: 37.7

2020: 69.1

2019: 45.9

2018: 68.3

2017: 71.7

I honestly don't think either is the answer for the Bills short or long term.  Picking up Edmunds option was a mistake as Ive said since they did it.

Edited by Billy Zabka

12 hours ago, Billy Zabka said:

PFF Grades (For those who put some merit in them)

Edmunds

2021: 50.4

2020: 47.9

2019: 60.6

2018: 57.0

Jack

2021: 37.7

2020: 69.1

2019: 45.9

2018: 68.3

2017: 71.7

I honestly don't think either is the answer for the Bills short or long term.  Picking up Edmunds option was a mistake as Ive said since they did it.

That’s why I’d like the Bills to pursue a trade rather than an extension. Something tells me the Edmunds camp has a dollar amount much higher than what the Bills value him and that’s why we haven’t seen an extension yet.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:02 PM, Udubalum07 said:

I would prefer if we could get a 2nd for Tremaine and draft Chad Muma. Much more of an instinctive, playmaking middle linebacker. Use the cap savings to sign Chandler Jones. 

Good luck getting the second.  I have to believe if that offer was made it would be done.  Shed that contract and get a longer term solution in place, yep!

15 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Oh well....there goes another one that would've been cheaper & better than Edmunds. Pittsburgh is quietly building an interesting team.  Gotta love that brilliant 12.7 option. 

That’s the sort of contract that I feel Edmunds is worth. I saw PFF had Jack above a 60 grade in 3 of his 5 years with a high of 74 while Edmunds has only been at 60 once, which is also the highest he’s ever been graded.

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

That’s the sort of contract that I feel Edmunds is worth. I saw PFF had Jack above a 60 grade in 3 of his 5 years with a high of 74 while Edmunds has only been at 60 once, which is also the highest he’s ever been graded.

I watched Jack at UCLA.  He is a baller and has so much more instincts than we're ever going to see from Tremaine. It's ironic because I think Myles is a 9-10M/yr guy production wise. And I have Tremaine's value as a glorified strong safety as 8/yr.  I'm sure Beane has at least inquired trading 49. And I bet they're are very few suitors. I'm afraid we're flat out stuck with him this season.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.