Bills sign DT Tim Settle, formally of Washington Commanders.

MAJBobby

Get him in the workout facility , lets hope they include workout bonus because he has some skills 

Strengths: 

Tough run defender 

Very strong 

Surprising athleticism for a big, thick nose tackle 

Rare explosion at the point of attack for a nose tackle 

Can contribute in the pass rush 

Can fire by guards with speed 

Collapses the pocket 

Active hands 

Perfect fit as a 3-4 nose tackle 

Good fit as a 4-3 nose tackle 

Can eat up double teams 

Closes well for a heavy tackle 

Impressive ability to shed blocks 

Frees up edge rushers, linebackers 

Weaknesses: 

Won't play every snap in the NFL which has been true to this point

Will be a rotational player 

Will have to monitor his conditioning 

Limited to nose tackle role 

Lacks length to be a five-technique 

Not a fit as a three-technique 

One-year wonder

45 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

This is good news! This guy can play. He was hidden in Washington of course with four 1st rounders on that DL.

this seems to be a consensus as much as anything.  High reward potential playing on the Bills OL...music to my ears. Solidify the guard position, add experience, durability and versatility. Im on board. Draft, develop and keep it moving forward with key free agents. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

This is such a Beane signing - he loves underrated w/ upside.

I think we're going to love this guy.

Beane, former NFL Exec of the Year,  is a Svengali of GMs. He let others blow their wads with splashy moves, while patiently waiting on the sideline to pickup the high-value scraps.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, boater said:

Beane: not being splashy, but picking up the high value scraps. Just as many of us predicted.

fixed it for you

Some really impressive highlights here. 

The stuff against the Falcons particularly stands out. Whew.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Some really impressive highlights here. 

The stuff against the Falcons particularly stands out. Whew.

Yep, I love this kind of signing. I don’t need Clowney or Ray Lewis, names people know and gush over. I prefer guys like Poyer and Hyde who I knew little or nothing about. They came in, fit what we needed and gave us quality value. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Seems like a dumpster dive to me. The Bills are now a consensus Super Bowl contender. Their acting like their the Pittsburgh Pirates. Bills have limited money to spend, and need proven players. They are loosing Addison, Hughes, and very likely Wallace. who were all still very productive last year. Who knows what Rousseau - Basham - Epenesa can do? They proven next to nothing. This is just another questionable player. Buffalo has a legitimate team, time to start acting like it.   

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

He went to high school across town from mine in the exciting metropolis that is Manassas, VA.  The fact that he went to Stonewall High, where many of my friends went, actually gives me some hope.   My school in the city wasn't exactly a powerhouse for football players at any level that I'm aware of.

That's all I have.

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Seems like a dumpster dive to me. The Bills are now a consensus Super Bowl contender. Their acting like their the Pittsburgh Pirates. Bills have limited money to spend, and need proven players. They are loosing Addison, Hughes, and very likely Wallace. who were all still very productive last year. Who knows what Rousseau - Basham - Epenesa can do? They proven next to nothing. This is just another questionable player. Buffalo has a legitimate team, time to start acting like it.   

They are most likely going to lose at least 15 players this off-season, you can’t come close to filling 15 holes in the draft.

3 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

..and your suggestion is? Salary cap constrained.

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

WFT buddy of mine who knows football said he was log jammed behind Allen and Payne but there was little to no drop off when he was in. Just needs more snaps.

Can confirm from local WFT market, Settle will flash when he’s in which isn’t often. Like the signing on merit and love it for the implication of replacing Butler/Star.

Plus his sack dance is the Pogo.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

:huh:........ Uhhhhh, we're losing a combined 9 sacks in Addison and Hughes, not two all world beaters. Rousseau did VERY well against the run and will continue to develop. Hopefully they have Epenesa put back on about 15lbs of good weight this off-season. He has flashed at times also, but hasn't put it all together just yet. Basham is the rotational guy they kick inside on passing downs at this point, but he has potential. All the reports I've seen on Settle, from within the Washington fan base and outside, have been positive. He was on a stacked front and still flashed a ton of potential. He's a replacement for Butler and in this league you need depth to survive. It's the first day of FA, 9 hours into the legal tampering period. Clam your t*ts Francis and let it play out. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.